Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD

Posts 541 to 560 of 942

Eel

I think it’s related to the book of twilight and the big cannon, under certain situations it’s possible to completely soft block the game if you do things out of order.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

I knew about the Skyward Sword bug, though I thankfully did things in "sequence" my first time through and knew about it during my second run. So it was never an issue for me.

Didn't know about the Twilight Princess bug though. I guess I'm just lucky at avoiding gamebreaking bugs?

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

jedgamesguy

I wonder if we'll be able to use the Back in Time glitch like on Wii. I'd love to try and mess with my game...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Eel

That kinda relied on the reset function in the pause menu the Wii and WiiU have when you press Home. The Switch just sends you straight to the actual Home menu, with no reset option.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Wait that glitch wasn't fixed in the Wii U version?
What?!

Don't think so. Unless I'm misremembering and I'd tried to play the gamecube version about a year earlier. I just remember it being about 5 years ago, so I'd assumed I must have been playing the Wii U version. That was the first version where I actually finished the game. I never completed it back on launch on the Wii.

It was a bug with the area after you cross one of those big stone bridges in the overworld. You fought some of those twilight monsters in an enclosed area. The bug was something like if you saved and quit the game before finishing the fight, once you loaded back into it the twilight barrier thingy would never move, even after you beat the enemies, so you'd be forever stuck there and your save wouldn't allow you to go back before that. Something like that?

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Here's some more visual comparisons with the wii original. Looks like the watercolor effect is severely toned down, so far away details are actually discernable now. Which could be bad or good depending on the location.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

Yeah I was disappointed to see they'd dialed that back (or had failed to reproduce it effectively) . I liked that effect!

Also, I just heard a youtuber refer to Fi as "demented Cortana" and I'm never gonna forget that.

JaxonH

I think it’s fantastic. It used to flicker like crazy turning the camera. Not only that, you couldn’t even make out objects it was so blurred together.

Also, massive difference visually.

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Apparently you can aim stuff like the bow and arrow using the gyro on the pro controller too? That's awesome if true. That's the only time I like motion controls.

JaxonH

Heck ya that’s awesome. They really went all out.

I like Gyro mainly for aiming- when it comes to that it’s superior in every way. But I do enjoy various other uses of Gyro as long as they are well implemented. I think Zelda Skyward Sword is one of those games that has smart implementation for slashing sword. Mario Golf is another. Resident Evil Revelations 1/2 with gesture reloading (which is used in combination with the IR sensor to detect your hand when you reload), etc. The vast majority of use cases that actually makes sense are for aiming, but there are other good uses, it’s just not as much of a guarantee it’ll be good.

I like flying the little robotic bug around in Skyward Sword with motion. I remember doing that in the Wii version and it’s a ton of fun. It doesn’t even go that fast, but it’s just really fun to steer it around.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

@Eel

Isn't that kinda impossible, because you'd have to tilt the screen away out of view?

Eel

@Dezzy ... What do you mean by tilting the screen away out of view? I would expect it to work like other games with gyro aiming. (Like Ocarina of Time on the 3DS, as mentioned)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

jedgamesguy

I decided to order the game with a steelbook, but I’ll have to wait a few days to get it delivered. A worthy sacrifice.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zeldafan79

So who's gonna cheat on zelda their first playthrough on switch? Those who've played it know what I'm talking about.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Rob3008

My copy arrived a day early today (thanks Smyths!) but I'm still catching up on my gaming back backlog and want to have Rise of the Tomb Raider finished before I start it. Literally the definition of a first world problem.

Rob3008

Zeldafan79

@Balta666

Does the name Peatrice ring any bells?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic