Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 1,941

Ninfan

Wonder will NSO get the light gun games from nes and snes to use with joycons.

Ninfan

Fizza

@Ninfan I wouldn't know since that generation completely skipped me by but I would love to get acquainted with it the same way I have with every other NSO app.

Currently Playing: Street Fighter Alpha 2
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
'Am I a Renegade or a Roundup?' - my sister playing MK8 RR.
458/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

skywake

@Ninfan
They did put some of those games on the Wii U VC so it's entirely possible. They put a crosshair cursor on the screen to act as a visual to show where on the screen you were pointing. Shouldn't be too hard to do and I think they'd get a bit of interest if they did it

While they're at it, would be nice to give Mario Paint a similar treatment. I'm not too familiar with the games compatible with the SNES Mouse to say whether there'd be much value beyond Mario Paint but. I mean there's stuff like Doom but I have no idea why you'd want to play the SNES port of Doom on the SNES NSO app when Doom exists on the eShop as a better port already

Some Aussie musics: King Gizz, TFS, Genesis Owusu
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Cunir

i bought some of those frames and backgrounds in the mission rewards today, just to see what it was all about, but i assumed you would be able to decorate your profile icon with them (the one you have on your switch homescreen). I was going to put a frame around my Mii picture. But it doesn't look like you can do that at all, unless I've missed it somewhere.
What exactly is the point of them if you can't use them for that?

Cunir

dmcc0

@Cunir you can only make new profile icons with the elements you buy with points - they can't be used with existing icons unfortunately.

dmcc0

Cunir

yup… so basically anyone who wants to use their Mii picture on their profile cant use any of them.
its a shame they did it like that, because they had some nice ones. i wouldn't have minded sticking a new frame and background on it

Cunir

Don

Given Sony announced that retro titles in the PS Plus premium subscription will be available to purchase separately and even free to those who previously purchased them, is there a decent chance Nintendo may do something similar for the retro games under NSO basic and expansion pak?

Don

TowaHerschel7

Has the maintenance for the NES/SNES apps begun yet? What games do you guys think or hope will be added?

Edited on by TowaHerschel7

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~Mewkiafan7~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Fizza

@TowaHerschel7 If anything Mega Man gets added (1, 2, X, etc.), I will lose it. The original Castlevania and Tetris would be great additions as well. Yes I am still holding on to hope from that leak we got a while back, how could you tell?

TowaHerschel7

I'm hoping we'll get Lufia 2 (SNES) or Harvest Moon (SNES) since Natsume owns those and the latter was already released in Japan recently. As for NES games, I'd like to see Star Tropics 2, and anything else decent really.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

NintendoByNature

SM Rpg, chrono trigger, FF would be a welcome addition.

NintendoByNature

TowaHerschel7

@NintendoByNature I'm not counting on anything FF or Chrono Trigger to shadow drop. Those would almost certainly be announced by Square and or Nintendo beforehand given how big of releases those would be. SMRPG is possible though!

Grumblevolcano

@TowaHerschel7 I think Japan will get Fire Emblem Thracia 776 and the worldwide releases will be really obscure.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano In other words grass is green.

TowaHerschel7

@Grumblevolcano If it is obscure I hope it'll have Lufia 2 or Terranigma as those are quite obscure, but REALLY good JRPG's which the service is sorely lacking games for the genre. ūüėČ

Edited on by TowaHerschel7

DarthNocturnal

Not counting stuff already in compilations, I can't think of much to add for NES or SNES. At least, nothing likely (Super Star Wars trilogy when? Probably never...) Super Mario RPG and Harvest Moon comes to mind, but that's about it.

It'd be nice if they did more import games, but those would likely be given the NES Fire Emblem treatment to make up for localization and QoL improvements.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox), Sonic Origins (Xbox), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

Grumblevolcano
  • Congo's Caper (SNES)
  • Rival Turf! (SNES)
  • Pinball (NES)

Turns out we're getting another NES 1st party game, Urban Champion probably isn't far off. Does make me wonder if we'll get NES Remix Pack once all the individual games are added to NSO.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

Well... I was kinda wondering where Pinball was. Not out of a desperate need to play it or anything, but eh.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Dragon Ball FighterZ (Xbox), Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Xbox), Sonic Origins (Xbox), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Fire Emblem: Three Houses (Switch)

JesseA

So is there a chance of getting some older license snes games to the system? Like the star wars triliogy, yoda stories, x-men, spider-man games? I know disney re-released some of their old animated movie games so feels like it might be possible.
I'm not sure if nintendo has actually mentioned licensed titles before.

JesseA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic