Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 2,230

Fizza

I'm so excited for Kirby's Avalanche. I recently got heavily addicted to Puyo Puyo between Mean Bean Machine and Super Puyo Puyo 2 so getting the Kirby equivalent on top of that? I am about to put SO many hours into it.

Also, whilst we're on the topic, we have to give special mention to one of the greatest voice lines in video game history.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

javierferrerm

I'm sorry if this is not the place, but could someone point me out in the direction of a thread where people create NSO Expansion Packs Family Plans? I swear I have read posts on these forums trying to arrange it, but it beats me if it was here or article comments or I don't know.

javierferrerm

Fizza

This is absolutely bonkers.

I've just tested this myself on NSO and, sure enough, it works perfectly. Who would've thought the multiplayer in Wii wasn't new, but rather a homage?

Fizza

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WICKED!

I can finally play Wave Race for the first time!

NintendoByNature

One of the very best on the system. I still remember the opening to the game and having chills back then. I have the cart, but haven't played it in forever.

NintendoByNature

Cotillion

Fizza wrote:

there's been a question burning in my mind: is Mega Man: The Wily Wars a good game to start with in the series? I haven't got the Legacy Collections yet (though plan on doing so at some point in the future) and, when it's basically free when you have NSO, I'm very tempted to play this one. If anyone here with experience with could let me know whether to play it or not, I'd very much appreciate it.

Very late and you probably already have, but I was just gonna say no. I mean ,yes, it would give kind of a feel for the Mega Man games and Wily Wars isn't bad, but as a starting point for the series.....ehhhhh, I'll always name Mega Man 2 and 3 on the NES as the best place. Nothing compares to the originals.

Cotillion

kkslider5552000

Out of boredom here is every N64 Virtual Console game (across both Wii and Wii U) currently not confirmed to be coming to NSO (though I'd assume almost all of them will at some point, and HOPEFULLY more)

-1080 Snowboarding
-Excitebike 64
-Donkey Kong 64
-Mario Party 2
-Super Smash Bros
-Cruisn USA
-Ogre Battle 64
-Harvest Moon 64
-Bomberman 64
-Bomberman Hero

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

@Tyranexx @Tyranexx @Tyranexx @Tyranexx and one more @Tyranexx for good measure!

Tyranexx

@Fizza Awesome! I encourage anyone to jump on that trial if they get the chance! Ys VIII is one of the best ARPGs out there, just a step below the Xenoblade titles IMO. Heck, I'd jump on this if I 1. didn't already own the game, and 2. didn't live on the wrong side of the pond. Though it's possible NA will get this as well.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Fizza

@Tyranexx That 14.7GB file size is rough to say the least, but I suppose that's what archiving is for, right? Quick question since you've played it and all: does it have multiple save files? Since it's a game trial and all, if I end up liking it, it'll probably be a while until I can scrounge up the money to buy it so the option to start over again without just getting rid of the original file would be greatly appreciated

Tyranexx

@Fizza Oof, Yeah, that is a hefty download; I have the physical version (imported from the UK; cheaper than buying an ESRB copy). As for save files....My memory is a little foggy, but I believe there are multiple save slots. This is to allow for save switching, not to mention there is an autosave feature in the game. Autosaving is nice, but it can hamstring you in certain circumstances.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

Looks like North America's getting a different game trial.

If I do play this one, it'd probably be only once because I'm not into fighting games. Kinda curious about that Ys game, honestly!

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

kkslider5552000

Pokken Tournament is high on my list of Switch games I'd like to play but wouldn't spend much money on, so that's very good for me.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BrazillianCara

Didn't this game get a trial period roughly two years ago?
Hopefully I didn't delete my save that from that time.

BrazillianCara

Clyde_Radcliffe

Why does the screen look so small on Wave Race compared to the other N64 games? It has more black around it.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

rockodoodle

I just got a Ps5 and it’s really cool that I can play some of my Vita games that had Ps4 compatibility or versions… also, if I renew my PS plus membership, I can play all the games I downloaded several years ago.

I wish Nintendo would do this in some capacity- allow us to access our digital purchases for at least some games. I would actually pay to be able to do this through subscription service….

rockodoodle

Fizza

MARIO PARTY YESSSSSSSSSS.

I've been holding off on Super/Superstars on the off chance that the N64 entries would get added to NSO EP. SO GLAD I LISTENED TO MY INTUITION BABY!

Oh and Goldeneye's pretty cool too I guess

Sunsy

As a PC gamer who hates paid online, the inclusion of Pokemon Stadium and GoldenEye is making me consider getting 1 year of the Expansion Pack. Just to experience GoldenEye at least. Going to wait for now. Will most likely go back to the base membership after it expires if I do.

I'm just glad the got whatever legal hurdles the game had to get it to both Switch Online Expansion Pack and Xbox Game Pass were resolved.

Pokemon Stadium does make me wonder, if Game Boy came to Switch Online with classic Pokemon, would that potentially allow the transfer pack functions. I know this isn't official, but just food for thought.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic