Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,232

Kermit1doesmath

@Fizza Thank goodness for save states lol. I have not even beat the first level yet but I'm going to beat the game, it's awesome.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

Grumblevolcano

I decided to stick with base NSO. Came to the conclusion all subscribing to the expansion pack would do is result in replaying games like OoT and MM while games like DioField Chronicle and Nier Automata move to backlog.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fox-McCloud

How much is the N64 expansion pack?

Fox-McCloud

LiNeR

@Fox-McCloud $50 per year including the base plan (which is $20 per year on its own).

Cartridges are temporary, Memories are forever

My Nintendo: LiNeR

gcunit

I have one slot available in my Family Group (N64 + DLC expansion pack included) for £7 for the year, starting 24th September.

Hit me up if you want in.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Truegamer79

Hey everyone! I just want to get some opinions. Is the switch online expansion pack for 50 dollars a year worth it? I've been without switch online for almost a couple years now as i just couldn't afford it due to recent financial difficulties. I've got those sorted out now and I'm thinking about getting a new membership.

Would you say at this point its worth it? The last time i had switch online there were no N64 or Genesis games and the online service seemed lacking to put it nicely. I had the basic plan then too.

Truegamer79

kkslider5552000

Truegamer79 wrote:

Hey everyone! I just want to get some opinions. Is the switch online expansion pack for 50 dollars a year worth it? I've been without switch online for almost a couple years now as i just couldn't afford it due to recent financial difficulties. I've got those sorted out now and I'm thinking about getting a new membership.
Would you say at this point its worth it? The last time i had switch online there were no N64 or Genesis games and the online service seemed lacking to put it nicely. I had the basic plan then too.

1. If you're interested, you should at least look into the Family plan where up to 8 people can get the plan for 80 dollars total. People teaming up can very quickly reduce the price a ton.
2. It also comes with the DLC (unless you cancel your subscription) for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Splatoon 2.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

Now that Jackbox has been confirmed for NSO Game Trials here in Europe, I'd like to ask a question regarding a certain control style: how do you connect phones in order to play Jackbox? Do you have to download a separate app, go to a specific website or just join the game itself? The fact you can play with a phone is immensely exciting (means I don't have to get more controllers specifically for it), I'm just a bit confused about how it all works is all. If you've played any Jackbox game on Switch, do let me know the process behind it

Also, on the topic of Game Trials, I'd like to go on a little rant about one in particular if you don't mind: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

I've always wanted to play Treasure Tracker. I think it's a brilliant concept that fleshed out an under-utilised Mario character that also led to one of the most unique puzzle games ever made. I loved the look of it so much that I've played the eShop demo of it to death at this point. So yeah: I like this game.

The problem then arises with wanting to get it. As can clearly be seen by what came before, I absolutely want to get it but between other games coming out, it's hard to find the wallet space for it. That's why I've been pining for a Game Trial of it for so long: that way I can finally play most (if not all) of it without having to spend a cent. And we have gotten one. Two in fact! .....And they've both been exclusive to Japan and North America ARE YOU KIDDING ME CJNEJWFWJFVWBOQF.

The fact that I've been jebaited not once, but TWICE, aggrivates me more than you could ever imagine. I've found some of my all time favourite games through Game Trials (Dead Cells is a great example) and I know for a fact that Treasure Tracker would be the exact same. THEY JUST WON'T GIVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY UGHHHHHHHHHH.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Yoshi's Story (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Xyphon22

@Fizza I haven't played it on the Switch, but how it usually works is whoever starts up the game will get a 4-letter code, and anyone else who wants to play just goes to the Jackbox website on whatever device they want and enter that code to join the game. Pretty simple.

And I felt the same way about the Dead Cells Game Trial. I've heard such great things about that game but it doesn't seem like the type of game I usually like, so I've always wanted to just try it. But the Trial never came to America, so it still just sits on my wishlist.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

kkslider5552000

I keep forgetting to bring this up, but one interesting thing I noticed is that for the Japanese Direct, Goldeneye is 2023. Here, it was the vague "coming soon". I wonder if that means they're at least trying to get it out this year, but aren't certain yet of when its coming.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Fizza

When are we thinking the next N64 game is coming? If Goldeneye is 2023 like @kkslider5552000 has pointed out, then that means we're guaranteed (for the first time ever in fact) to not have a brand new game for over a month. If that's the case then I think we can confidently knock September off as that month, seeing how we have less than a week of it left and it was also the month that announced the next year's worth of games so it'd make sense to skip it in favour of the last quarter of the year. As for my personal predictions then based on the 3 games we know for a fact are going to be out by the end of the year, I would say:

• Mario Party 1 in October (the month where Superstars came out last year so it'd be quite fitting, though that hasn't really stopped them from releasing these games seemingly whenever the hell they feel it).
  • Pilotwings 64 in November (pace-breaker between MP 1 & 2).
  • Mario Party 2 in December (last remaining game for the year).

Is this list mainly due to me wanting Mario Party to come out as soon as humanly possible? .....Yes, but I still think it's a reasonable enough assumption to make regarding the rest of the year. I always do love these types of roadmaps when it comes to NSO games though, I hope to god they keep going.

Edited on by Fizza

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I think if Goldeneye was coming out in 2023 outside Japan, they wouldn't have put "coming soon" in the Direct outside Japan. Leaning towards October 5th for Goldeneye given the 60th anniversary of Dr. No film and Microsoft has no 1st party Game Pass releases for October.

As for the rest, I get the feeling Superstars will get DLC (day 1 in the Expansion Pack) coinciding with N64 additions otherwise I think the N64 Mario Party games would be spread out more (e.g. MP1 in 2022, MP2 in Summer 2023, MP3 in Holiday 2023). So I'm predicting Pilotwings in late October/early November and Mario Party 1+2 in late November/December (Mario Party 3 being January).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano MP2 has been confirmed for 2022 though so it genuinely might be the order in which they were revealed that they'll be coming out (in which case god we're going to be drowning in parties).
Untitled

@Mauzuri I'd say its highly likely since we've gotten both Banjo Kazooie and Goldeneye already and, unlike those other two that have a bunch of company hoops to jump through, DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing are both owned by Nintendo so I'd say they'll probably be some of the last games added myself once we're nearing the Switch 2 (I for one would love to play DKR for the very first time ).

Edited on by Fizza

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza I know both MP1 and MP2 are 2022, I was just saying I figured they'd be more spread out if Superstars DLC wasn't happening given Superstars and NSO Expansion Pack are essentially competing with each other (both are heavily focused on MP1-3).

Grumblevolcano

WiiWareWave

@Fizza Is that a Switch game redemption code I see? CJNE-JWFW-JFVW-BOQF YEP it could well be! 🤣

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

Fizza

@TowaHerschel7 Forgive my ignorance but what are you talking about?

WiiWareWave

@Fizza I highly doubt Nintendo will drop NSO on Switch when it's successor is released. I imagine Switch will still get GB/GBC/GBA games added at the very least with all new additions to existing consoles on the service being cross-gen. Switch may get even more support then that, but I imagine this would be the bare minimum we'd get even if Switch 2 released tomorrow.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

@Fizza That was the gibberish you wrote being silly in your above post, I was just being silly as well pointing out that the gibberish had the right number of "digits" to be a game redemption code on the Switch eShop. 🤪

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic