Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 1,924

kkslider5552000

JesseA wrote:

So is there a chance of getting some older license snes games to the system?

no

I mean, there's always a chance, the same way there's a chance I'll win the lottery.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

TheMelodiusRose

Is there a way for someone to put me on their NSO+EP Family Membership for a little while?

~BLACK ROSE DRAGON~
My art: https://www.deviantart.com/thebladeoftheroses

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MelodyRose | Nintendo Network ID: RoseBladeTM | Twitter:

ProPAIN

I have a question for anyone who has a N64 switch controller: does the controller show up in the switch main menu with a N64 controller icon like the NES and SNES controllers, or does it have the generic pro controller icon? I ask because I got both the American Genesis and the Japanese Mega Drive controller and it was a little disappointing that they both are considered pro controllers by the system. If the N64 controllers have their own icon then maybe it comes down to some form of licensing, but if the n64 also uses the generic pro controller icon then maybe Nintendo decided to stop giving each controller their own driver/protocol. I know this is a silly nitpick but I kind of enjoyed seeing the retro controllers pop up in the interface. I'm still getting an N64 switch controller regardless.

Speaking of the NSO classic systems; does anyone expect anything beyond the approaching rumored GBC and GBA additions? I feel that consoles beyond the n64 might not be viable due to game sizes; I even think this would include the Saturn if it were ever in the running to be added to begin with. I could see them adding Master System, Game Gear, and possibly Sega CD (and 32X...lol) games to the Genesis application. Looking back at what the Wii VC used to have I don't think they will have a Neo Geo app due to the Arcade Archives series, but maybe, Konami willing, we could get a TG16/PC Engine app. I am also big on collecting useless crap so I would definitely like to have a switch version of the TG16 controller or a Neo Geo pad.

ProPAIN

Yoshi2

Has anyone else tried Super Ghouls on Professional difficulty?

Yoshi2

TowaHerschel7

Is Nintendo Switch Online down right now? Can't play anything online or access my ACNH or MK8D DLC right now...

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

MarioLover92

@TowaHerschel7 I went through a similar problem just now. I was gonna play the SNES app after updating it, but it wouldn't let me at first due to a connection problem or something. It did let me after a few tries though.

Edit: Whoa, looks like a lot of stuff is currently down. Here's the current network status. It might be the reason why we had trouble accessing our NSO games and DLC.

Edited on by MarioLover92

Nintendo Life's self-proclaimed #1 Mario fan!

SMM2 ID: V1J-NRF-PWG
ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioFan92 | Twitter:

ChameleonBros

@ProPAIN Yes, the N64 controller icon does show up! It's a white outline at the bottom left of the main menu, a full image on the controller setup screen, and a mini colorized N64 controller icon attached to your profile icon when playing NSO N64 games. Can confirm from dozens of times using it lol. Like the NES and SNES controllers, it also makes unique sounds (Super Mario 64 in this case) when navigating the NSO N64 Game Menu with it.

Edited on by ChameleonBros

Switch FC:
*Please ask me/inform me if you plan to add my Switch FC, because I delete random requests that I do not recognize. Thanks!
SW-2251-7555-8810

Discord:

Quail-Man^_#3607

ProPAIN

@ChameleonBros Thanks for the information! now I'm a little more disappointed about the Genesis/Mega Drive not getting the same treatment; oh well.

ProPAIN

TowaHerschel7

So the N64 app just went under maintenance. Is tonight when Pokemon Snap is being added? ūü§Ē

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Waves of Adventure and Role Playing PS4 Community: Join Today!

Twitter:

Fizza

Now that all of the initial batch has been released, is it just me or was the release timings for some of these games..... off?

Like, Pokemon Snap came out in June instead of February with Pokemon Day, Kirby 64 came out in May instead of March with Forgotten Land's release and Majora's Mask came out in February instead of April which is it's 22nd anniversary in Japan.

There's a couple other oddities as well like Mario Golf coming out when Game Boy connectivity is rumoured to be worked on for NSO N64 games behind the scenes (which, with it being such a big part of that game, why not just delay it and release something like Smash 64 or Wave Race 64 instead?) but those are just the big ones that I always noticed at least.

Currently Playing: Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Currently performing a summoning circle for a 2nd Ace Attorney Trilogy
456/488 in Brilliant Diamond Nat Dex
PLA Shinies: 95

Grumblevolcano

@Fizza My guess is:

• December being Paper Mario to have a longer game present in the Expansion Pack
  • January being Banjo-Kazooie to desperately increase interest in the Expansion Pack given most people associate N64 with Rare
  • February being Majora's Mask to reduce the length of the Zelda drought
  • March being F-Zero X as an alternative to the MK8 Deluxe wave 1 DLC
  • April being Mario Golf because Super Rush content had been over for 5 months
  • May being Kirby 64 as part of a gradual celebration of Kirby's 30th anniversary (Forgotten Land in March, Kirby 64 in May, probably some GB line games in September and a Kirby Game & Watch this holiday)
  • June being Pokemon Snap to keep Pokemon in the spotlight during the long wait for more Scarlet/Violet news (next news drop is probably August)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

My guess, is that they pulled names from a hat.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0
Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal With the issues Paper Mario suffered from when it launched as the first post-launch game, I wouldn't be surprised to be honest.

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

I know of the Game Over crash, and personally experienced the choppy menus, but otherwise, it seemed fine?

Now Playing: Triangle Strategy (Switch), Spyro: Reignited Trilogy (Xbox), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (Gamecube), Codename S.T.E.A.M (3DS), Pokemon Crystal (3DS VC).

Fizza

@DarthNocturnal One bug I vividly remember was the slowdown on Lava Piranha being absolutely brutal, I couldn't time my attacks no matter what I tried. Look it up if you're curious, it's certainly something.

DarthNocturnal

@Fizza

Oh yes, that was also something I experienced. I thought the original game might've had some slight slowdown in that fight, but nothing like that.

Otherwise, I got 100% without issue (well, unless you count discovering all of Tayce T's recipes, but the game doesn't have a journal for them like Thousand Year Door does, so meh).

TheMelodiusRose

Looking for people to play Saints Row 3 Switch story mode online! If you are interested, just reply to me with your prefered time

Edited on by TheMelodiusRose

~BLACK ROSE DRAGON~
My art: https://www.deviantart.com/thebladeoftheroses

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MelodyRose | Nintendo Network ID: RoseBladeTM | Twitter:

FragRed

Wondering how long until Nintendo reveals the next bunch of games coming to the N64 lineup. Just hope whenever it is announced there won’t be some annoying multiple month delay before next release.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

kkslider5552000

Yeah I hope they can keep up the amount of games they have and they aren't gonna give up ASAP. But unfortunately I would not be shocked if they were like "well, we did the initial batch, time to put out 1 game every 3 months now".

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

RubyCarbuncle

If Pokémon Stadium 1 and 2 get added I will upgrade immediately. I know people have mentioned to me the issue of no Transfer Pak support but tbh I enjoyed playing the games with Rentals.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic