Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,230

MarioBrickLayer

@Grumblevolcano I wonder if they would do a "hand held" launch, they could add Game Boy and Game Boy Colour to the standard tier and GBA + Game Gear to the Expansion Pass?

SEGA Saturn could be another consideration?

MarioBrickLayer

Ventilator

skywake wrote:

Ventilator wrote:

Nintendo Switch account is linked with Wii U account for people who owned Wii U.
Pinball FX tables. 100% still have to be purchased again on Switch even when you already paid for the tables on Wii U.
PinballFX tables bought on the old Xbox 360. Transferred purchases to Xbox One, Series X and even Windows 10 at no extra cost. On top of it, Microsoft is in forefront with free game upgrades to new-gen consoles, but also free cross-system version.

If you've seen any of my posts on any of the Switch speculation/rumour threads regarding "Switch Pro" you'd know I was on the same page as you here. To be fair in terms of the VC Nintendo did partially honour VC purchases from the Wii but outside of that purchases haven't carried. Which is why I don't at all miss the "buy one game at a time" approach the VC had. Sure a subscription is an ongoing fee but if lives beyond the Switch then the games carry over, or at least something carries over

Not that I'm personally expecting something after "Switch" for a long while. But that's another discussion.

edit: random other advantage of NSO, you can also just create an account and download the Japanese version. Which is again trivial if you're emulating to be fair, but it's also a very cheap way to get copies from a different region legitimately

Yeah. I don't hang much around the forum, so i haven't seen your other posts.
If a Switch Pro comes, it's a bigger chance purchases may transfer that time.

As for the pricing of VC games in a sub. You can also pay for 1 month at a time perhaps, and not 12 months which makes it even cheaper. 10$ extra yearly for NSO isn't much anyway if that's the price they go for.

Ventilator

My Nintendo: V3ntilator

MarioBrickLayer

@Sunsy How do PC online games cover the costs of running the servers? That's the main cost Nintendo need to offset with the monthly/annual fee.

MarioBrickLayer

Sunsy

@MarioBrickLayer Simple answer, buying the game covers the cost of whatever matchmaking service or master server list for dedicated servers (FPS games use the latter more) the game publishers use.

Also, individual players can host games, which again doesn't cost anything beyond buying the game, some developers even provide the software to host a dedicated server if one wanted to (Valve and Id Software are good examples of developers who have done this).

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

BabyYoda71

So... I just realized I was getting Game Boys and Gamecubes mixed up again yesterday... so ignore all the times I said the GB was newer than the N64, that was a lie.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NintendoByNature

I may have missed it, so I apologize if this was already discussed and laid to rest; But did nintendo say the expansion will be the same type of service as the nes and snes apps where you can only rent/stream the available games as long as you have a membership? I guess what I'm asking is, did nintendo rule out the idea of purchasing games as part of the expansion pak? The whole "more pricing and details to follow in October" had me thinking. I may be a crazy man, but the option to purchase some of these n64 games would be phenomenal, especially banjo.

NintendoByNature

SKTTR

ToadBrigade wrote:

So, full disclosure here: I have never touched an N64 controller. However, looking at that layout, it seems like using any other controller will force you to use the right stick for the c buttons. That just seems like it would feel really unnatural, so I’m beginning to think buying the N64 controller might be worth it (I do plan on using the app a lot). But what do you guys think? Should I spend the $50 for the authentic experience? Is there a third party equivalent that you would recommend instead? Also, would it even be possible to get my hands on one, or do they usually sell out within 10 minutes like so many other Nintendo products?

For the best controls in N64 games I'd say the N64 Controller is worth it.

It's not just the four C-buttons, but also the Z-button that can feel awkward with standard controllers. And your standard controller will most definately not match up with the in-game controller icons and button prompts.

Some control options that are available in some of the games (for example Sin and Punishment) only make sense with a N64 Controller.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ryu_Niiyama

I’m glad that the N64 NSO has the potential to bring in some snowboarding games. There really isn’t much of anything to play. And since EA has abandoned ssx and Ubisoft is into doing multisport persistent online x-sports games the genre is dying as a whole imo. I’d rather replay 1080 or snowboard kids than the few games on Switch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

It came to mind regarding the whole 50Hz and 60Hz difference between the Direct footage. Given the NES and SNES apps for Europe and America are identical, maybe the N64 apps feature both the PAL and NTSC versions kind of like how Castlevania Advance Collection allows you to swap between the different versions of each game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MPSSislit

I think we’ll get info on the N64/Genesis NSO stuff in a couple of weeks, as the New Horizons Direct is next week, and I don’t think that Nintendo would want to have both of those running into each other, info, and hype wise, if that makes sense. (Unless they give info on it on Monday or Tuesday, and then the NH Direct on Friday, but we’ll see).

Anyways, there were a couple of things that I’ve been curious about ever since N64/Genesis NSO got announced.

1. First, do you guys think they’ll run the new NPLN infrastructure, or do you think it’ll still run the old NEX infrastructure? 🤔

• I hope it’s the new infrastructure, and if that’s why it took so long for them to arrive on NSO, then I totally get it. (I also think that the pandemic pushed back their plans a bit as well). Also, when do you guys think that Nintendo (and third parties) will start using the NPLN infrastructure on a consistent basis?

2. Second, do we know if M2 is working on the Genesis NSO app, or if it’s someone else who’s working on it? I’m asking because if it’s M2, then that would explain why they stopped working on the SEGA AGES line, as they would have been working on the Genesis NSO app. 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Grumblevolcano

Turns out there is both versions, PAL 50Hz and NTSC 60Hz.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MPSSislit

...and @Grumblevolcano does it again, with getting another prediction correct.

Seriously though, nice job with having another one of your predictions come true. I think it’s cool that you’ve had a decent amount of your predictions come true. For a while, I thought you were some sort of insider because of how often you’re predictions came true. I hope I’m not being weird by saying that.

Anyways, I know that it would make sense for Nintendo to include both options on the N64 NSO app, but with Nintendo being Nintendo, it’s hard to tell what they’ll do at times.

Also, I was wondering if you had any thoughts on my post above that I made a couple of days ago? 🤔

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. 🤔
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

GamingBread

@DarthNocturnal maybe something like PS plus where you get a game or two every month?

also yea i didn't expect that price tag either.

I am a piece of bread, and I love playing 3D World.
The Switch is one of the best consoles ever.
I'm guessing people will make a lot of jokes about my username.

Friend Code: SW-0185-9912-2805

SViper

For USA it's prices for individual is 2,5 times (49,99$) then normal yearly price and for family 2,29 times (79,99$) then normal yearly price while for Europe both only 2 times only (39,99€ and 69,99€) then normal yearly prices. And now I'm happy that I live in Europe for this.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

skywake

More than I expected but it includes more than I expected. To be completely blunt, two of the four people on my Family Plan would defintiely be going for the Animal Crossing DLC. I'm not that into it myself but in a sense it's already paid for itself right there. So for me it's a reasonable value (even if not for me directly) at least for this year. And presumably this isn't the last thing included in it

Haven't seen Australian prices yet but. I'm kinda assuming it's going up to $130AU so basically up $85AU/year. Which more or less covers the cost of the DLC for those two (I'm assuming the DLC will be ~$40AU). Then I get to enjoy the N64 titles. Of course, very likely could be less than $130AU/year for the family plan

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DannyBoi

Too much. Make it like ps plus and Xbox live gold then we're talking.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

BrazillianCara

That's just what I needed, more fuel for online discourde.

BrazillianCara

Eel

Hm. Well the price for the family pack here in Mexico will double up if we add the expansion. It’s not as bad as it could’ve been, but then again, it was already more expensive compared to US dollars.

I really hope it will include future DLC as well, not just the animal crossing one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SViper

Probably most people expected prices increase be at most 1,5 times, but this was in between 2 to 2,5 times depending on where you live. :/

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

skywake

Looks like it's only 2X in Australia. A bit more palatable

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic