Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,720

YusseiWarrior3000

@Pizzamorg Because Switch Online is GOOD and i think people should stop saying that it's garbage. I'm actually having a great time using it to play Switch games online and communicate with other players with the app or my headphones.
And even better yet, somewere at October N64 games will be added with ONLINE SUPPORT!
So yeah...that's why.

RIDING DUEL~ ACCELERATION!
If you want to see what games I'm playing, go to the "Games" section of my profile :)
Also, Aki Izayoi=Best Waifu ♡

Mario Kart Tour Friend Code: 8974 4719 2088

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MantaroTM | Nintendo Network ID: mantaro654

1UP_MARIO

@NintendoByNature nice. I love the 8bitdo controllers. Both my nes and snes controllers are the 8bitdo mod kits.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

1UP_MARIO

@YusseiWarrior3000 I agree it’s good. It’s practically free service if you have a family account and share with friends. I’ve had it since launch and feel like I’ve paid nothing

Pizzamorg

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@YusseiWarrior3000 I agree it’s good. It’s practically free service if you have a family account and share with friends. I’ve had it since launch and feel like I’ve paid nothing

Which is the point I was making the whole time. Switch Online is garbage, but it is basically free, so you just kinda roll with it. I think it only really becomes a problem if they try and charge XBL or PS Plus prices because of a couple of N64 or Megadrive games, because there is literally no comparison between the services at all. 2005's Xbox Live would be a better deal than 2021 NSO if they tried charging a tenner for it every month.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ring Fit Adventure. Pokemon Shield. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

1UP_MARIO

@Pizzamorg nah. That won’t happen. Family subscription will always be there. If it didn’t I doubt most will subscribe.
I won’t subscribe to the NSO dlc but glad that’s optional as I mainly play switch games online and never really touch the nes and snes app

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

Pizzamorg

1UP_MARIO wrote:

@Pizzamorg nah. That won’t happen. Family subscription will always be there.

I am the only person who uses NSO, so it won't save me any money to use a family pack. I can only hope that they just leave the original NSO alone pricingwise and just make this expansion a completely isolated thing for diehards if they really want but the rest of us can just ignore.

Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ring Fit Adventure. Pokemon Shield. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

NintendoByNature

@1UP_MARIO yea they're good stuff. Haven't used mine in a while, but I'll be using the m30 for Sega games and my n30 pro for the castlevania Advance Collection.

NintendoByNature

YusseiWarrior3000

@Pizzamorg Calm down...

If you want to see what games I'm playing, go to the "Games" section of my profile :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-4897-6636-0388 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-7015-0490 | My Nintendo: MantaroTM | Nintendo Network ID: mantaro654

YusseiWarrior3000

1UP_MARIO wrote:

FINALLY someone that understands how good the service actually is...
And to be fair, it has flaws but the positives are more than the negatives.

YusseiWarrior3000

I am the only person who uses NSO, so it won't save me any money to use a family pack. I can only hope that they just leave the original NSO alone pricingwise and just make this expansion a completely isolated thing for diehards if they really want but the rest of us can just ignore.

[/quote]

WOW, i seriously don't understand your hate for a GOOD paid online service!

1UP_MARIO

@Pizzamorg join my family group. I’ll charge a fair price 😉

chipia

I'm disappointed.

If N64 costs extra, then they should add at least GB games for those who don't want to upgrade their subscription.

Currently, for those who have already played the (S)NES games, there is little reason to stick with the standard subscription, as they are getting no new games and online play is still lacking.

chipia

Pizzamorg

YusseiWarrior3000 wrote:

@Pizzamorg Calm down...

??? Who said I wasn't. You are the one writing in mostly caps every time you respond???

YusseiWarrior3000

@Pizzamorg WOW, i seriously don't understand your hate for a GOOD paid online service!

[MY ACTUAL RESPONSE]

Edited on by YusseiWarrior3000

BabyYoda71

@YusseiWarrior3000 I agree that the service is excellent, and that the family price plan is good, but I understand how buying it for one person kind of sucks. Especially since online services were free on other consoles, so it’s kind of annoying that they charge for it now.

I don’t understand how people are mad that they’re charging extra for N64 games. Nintendo 64 is a much more recent console than NES and SNES, so it makes perfect sense for them to charge more for it. I don’t believe they’ll charge a whole lot more (if they do, I’ll agree that it’s disappointing) so it makes sense to me. N64 are games that people would pay for if they got ported, so it wouldn’t make sense for them to add them for no additional cost. I’m thinking it will be around $5.99 or $6.99/month (Canadian dollars, normal is $4.99/month). Also, this is wishful thinking, but I hope they might slightly reduce the price of the normal NSO subscription...

I also hope they might have other perks for people who pay more, like having game trials last two weeks or some sort of Tetris 99/PAC-MAN 99 game, something like that. The name “Expansion Pass” seems weird to me, if they’re only changing the games included in the subscription. I just have a gut feeling they’re going to add more in the future.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

BabyYoda71

@Matt_Barber (and anyone else who think they’re only adding fifteen games) there’s going to be more games added to service than just the six they showed. They just haven’t announced them yet.

YusseiWarrior3000

Hey @BabyYoda71!
Great response and i agree with everything.
People should just stop hating on Switch Online. It offers a lot of great things like SNES and NES games for free (With N64 Online coming soon, which i'm looking SO forward to it), the app which you can voice chat which is actually good and of course great Online Play!

Edited on by YusseiWarrior3000

1UP_MARIO

@BabyYoda71 I agree expansion seems silly like some sort of DLC but I think they were going for the expansion pak idea

Untitled

BabyYoda71

@1UP_MARIO Oh yeah I forgot that existed...

Supaguy

Hey so I’m curious, would you guys think the N64 controller probably be one of the better controllers to get for NSO games? It has the D-pad set up separate from the joystick unlike the pro controller and joy-con, making it better for 2D games (plus hopefully a better D-pad). It has both the 2-button NES layout and 4 button SNES layout if you count the C-button. Heck, it essentially has the 6-button layout from the Japanese Sega Genesis controller if you count the C-buttons as continuations of the A and B buttons, making it essentially an arcade fighting game layout. Plus it has enough utility with the joystick and shoulder buttons to still be used for games like Smash or Mario Kart if you need an extra controller at parties. This is probably the best use for the controller’s weird three prong structure in its existence. I just want to know what everyone else thinks it makes it a bit more worthwhile. Just hope they make a better joystick.

Edited on by Supaguy

Supaguy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic