Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 2,230

Pizzamorg

Octane wrote:

@YusseiWarrior3000 Since when does it have voice chat?

It doesn't. A few pieces of software support it within their actual game and you can use a voice chat like equivalent if you download a separate mobile app on your phone, but there is no native voice chat or party system built into the Switch Online Service itself.

For some reason that other guy just wants to tell you how amazing the service is, in bold, all caps messages and say nothing else.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Octane

@YusseiWarrior3000 So it can't do voice chat. My phone can, the Switch can't.

That's like saying the Switch can toast your bread, all you need to do is buy a toaster...

Octane

Pizzamorg

Octane wrote:

@YusseiWarrior3000 So it can't do voice chat. My phone can, the Switch can't.

That's like saying the Switch can toast your bread, all you need to do is buy a toaster...

Lol that is what I said. If I'm going to have to use an app, I may as well just use Discord or just call my friends. XBL in 2005 had native parties and voice chat, no excuse for that to be absent from NSO. Then you have the fact there are no servers other than for cloud based saves which you have to pay for, it is all P2P matchmaking, which causes problems with basically every online game as you are basically torrenting the match. Then there is abysmal download speeds on WiFi. Then they have the audacity to charge for it and you have fanboys telling you how great it is, when it's offering services that have been free for like two decades.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

BabyYoda71

NintendoByNature wrote:

An additional $10 seems fair.

Oh I thought you meant a month!

For price, I had said an additional $1 CAN a month, so $10 US a year would probably be fair, in my opinion at least.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Ventilator

@skywake Nintendo have a greedy weakness on purpose.
If you used same account on multiple systems, there were no such thing as cross-system DLC like on other systems like Sony PS3, VITA, PS4 consoles and Xbox with Xbox Anywhere with PC in Win 10.
Sony have become more strict (greedy) again and is basically Nintendo again now with PS5.

Nintendo Switch account is linked with Wii U account for people who owned Wii U.
Pinball FX tables. 100% still have to be purchased again on Switch even when you already paid for the tables on Wii U.
PinballFX tables bought on the old Xbox 360. Transferred purchases to Xbox One, Series X and even Windows 10 at no extra cost. On top of it, Microsoft is in forefront with free game upgrades to new-gen consoles, but also free cross-system version.
Also. If you buy games like Resident Evil 7 on Xbox, you get PC version for "free". Same the other way. Buy games for PC, get Xbox version at no extra cost.

I see your points and i don't disagree with any of them.

Anyways. I can see why N64 in the new sub is a thing for you as you never owned N64. I still have around 75 Carts for my real N64, so i'm not into this. And besides, i can emulate them legally on any system since i already paid for them.

I think the new sub will be a success. Wave Race, Zelda Games and other things will attract a lot of people. Majority of Switch owners probably don't own N64 anymore, if they ever had one in the first place.
I'm not negative to the service. It's just not for me as i already own them.
Online today costs 20$ here for 12 months. The new sub will probably be 30$ for 12 months.
It's not much money anyway.

Edited on by Ventilator

Ventilator

My Nintendo: V3ntilator

BabyYoda71

@NintendoByNature I’m still optimistic they’ll add GB (and maybe GBA?) games to the main service at a later date... I mostly only think that because it has been leaked by the same person who leaked the new-tier N64 games. The problem with that is, if Nintendo are planning on adding GB games to the current tier within the next year, I wouldn’t expect it to get a price drop. It could still drop in price if those games are added in a couple more years, at earliest. There’s also the possibility it would be added to the Expansion Pack eventually, which would make sense to me, since it’s more recent than the N64. I don’t know. I wouldn’t expect the Nintendo Switch Online service to disappear after the Nintendo Switch system is over. The service is working for Nintendo, so there is no reason for them to stop using it. So over time, they’ll just keep adding games and systems to NSO and NSO Expansion Pack. Who knows, maybe we’ll get N64 in the main subscription in a decade or so....

Why have I started typing walls of text on this thread haha! A year ago, I would applaud people for typing so much, now I’ve done it twice in this thread in 24 hours!

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

MarioBrickLayer

Spawn Wave did a video today on NSO and he was talking how where it could go, he discussed it ending up as some sort of Netflix style service in years to come.

Thinking about that, I was wondering what other 3rd party systems could come to the platform, and looking over the list of best selling consoles (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles) the only options are more SEGA systems or the Turbo Grafx.

If a second SEGA console was added, which one would everyone prefer?

If this is an important part of Nintendo's strategy (NSO and continued expansion) I wonder if SEGA would be important enough for Nintendo to buy them?

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

Snatcher

Its nintendo, thats just a Pipe dream LOL.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 What the hell happen'd LMAO 🤣?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 People have different opinions, I don't think its that great bc I don't see many things worth, on there, Now depending on how much there asking me to pay, will Tell me if it worth it or not.

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 I think the idea is amazing, it just need improving, its not total garbage at all, And Wile I really don't want to pay more, I really want to play paper mario and banjo, And maybe later down the line, if we can get smash bros? I would be happy.

But I agree, it was a little harsh.

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 I was just thinking today if they could add conker, maybe not bc they have that remake, But there were a lot of N64 games I never got to play so.

Snatcher

@YusseiWarrior3000 Same here man, I want the whole damn thing, my god talking to you has made me hyped for this thing! thanks.

Grumblevolcano

@MarioBrickLayer I'd guess Master System and TurboGrafx-16 would be next for non-Nintendo systems. Wii VC had both (along with Genesis).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snatcher

@BrazillianCara No way in hell there doing that, Thats stupid.

Sunsy

@MarioBrickLayer Honestly, while I am critical over Nintendo doing the paid online stuff that Xbox and PlayStation has done (as a long time fan of your games, shame on you Nintendo), I will admit, I do kind of like the idea that I can play classic games on Switch for an annual fee. Honestly, I feel if multiplayer wasn't tacked on and it was just a Netflix-like experience for classic games, I think it would be better received.

With that said, I'm not considering upgrading right away, I have Sega Genesis Classics on Switch and about half of those N64 games on my Wii U. If they were to add Game Boy Advance, and the price is cheap, I wouldn't mind it as I can only play those on my GBA. Would love to have another option for the Sonic Advance games personally (provided they add those games).

As for me being critical about the service, sorry, I'm also a PC gamer in addition to being a Nintendo fan. I have strong opinions against the idea of paying to play games I already paid for online. Right now, I can go online on my PC games for no additional cost beyond buying a game. That's the way online should be. Multiplayer is a feature in the game, you pay for that when you buy the game.

Sorry, that's how I feel about paid online multiplayer. Will say, I do like the NES and SNES stuff, even if that's an unpopular opinion.

Edited on by Sunsy

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

skywake

Ventilator wrote:

Nintendo Switch account is linked with Wii U account for people who owned Wii U.
Pinball FX tables. 100% still have to be purchased again on Switch even when you already paid for the tables on Wii U.
PinballFX tables bought on the old Xbox 360. Transferred purchases to Xbox One, Series X and even Windows 10 at no extra cost. On top of it, Microsoft is in forefront with free game upgrades to new-gen consoles, but also free cross-system version.

If you've seen any of my posts on any of the Switch speculation/rumour threads regarding "Switch Pro" you'd know I was on the same page as you here. To be fair in terms of the VC Nintendo did partially honour VC purchases from the Wii but outside of that purchases haven't carried. Which is why I don't at all miss the "buy one game at a time" approach the VC had. Sure a subscription is an ongoing fee but if lives beyond the Switch then the games carry over, or at least something carries over

Not that I'm personally expecting something after "Switch" for a long while. But that's another discussion.

edit: random other advantage of NSO, you can also just create an account and download the Japanese version. Which is again trivial if you're emulating to be fair, but it's also a very cheap way to get copies from a different region legitimately

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic