Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,650

Anti-Matter

So the Direct today will be non live streaming, eh?

Anti-Matter

MarkL1987

I have a feeling that the presence of the Ed Sheeran song in the game is gonna cause issues for Pokemon LPers

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

Keveseunie

After watching that latest 14 minute trailer, I'm starting to think this might become the first mainline Pokémon game I'll end up liking. Love the implementation of the Let's Go mechanic.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Fizza

That was a fine enough trailer in my opinion. The stuff they delved into looks really fun, like the photo mode, Pokemon Refresh and Camp (two of the best side modes of any Pokemon game) being combined into Picknicking, seeing actual uncut gameplay (that right there is massive) and GIRAFARIG FINALLY HAS AN EVO THANK THE STARS!

One thing I wasn't a big fan of however was the pacing. Did we REALLY need this to be 14 minutes long? Especially when a lot of it is just showing uncut gameplay of the modes revealed in September's trailer? It was a bit of a slog to get through at points in my opinion: still good, no doubt about that, but slow nonetheless.

Other than that gripe though, I'm still monumentally excited for SV's release and can't wait to discover an entire dex worth of new mons for the first time since Black and White!

Also, did anyone else notice the regular Wooper in the trailer? Considering how there was a Paldean one a few seconds prior, that seems like a major mistake.
Untitled
The pose is f***** hilarious though I've been dying at it for the past few minutes.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Castlevania Bloodlines (Mega Drive)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Octane

@DarthNocturnal Quite a bit of exclusive mons have been leaked. But I assume there will be more as we get closer to the release.

Octane

SViper

@Fizza leakers, which ones are legit and being confirmed more and more with latest trailers, said that regular Wooper is catchable too, so it's not mistake.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Fizza

@SViper That's....interesting. That actually seems to go directly against the website. Quote:

'In ancient times, Wooper lived underwater in the Paldea region. But it seems after losing in a struggle for territory, they began living in bogs on land.​'

'To keep from drying out while living on land, they began to cover their bodies with a poisonous film.'

This implies that regular Wooper were wiped out and replaced with the Paldean kind instead but if regular Wooper is catchable, that seems to be a direct contradiction? Very strange stuff indeed.

SViper

@Fizza that doesn't mean that later some Johtonian Woopers was imported and released to place that can let then live naturally or some Johtonian Woopers who survived including Quaqsire found such a place in region. So that means that place and chance to find them there is small, that's all.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Eel

It could also be just the regular “I’m a tourist! Trade me your local Pokémon for my foreign variant!” situation, as usual.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kermit1doesmath

me: Man I woke up late.

me: WOW the trailers is 14mins, I'll watch that later lol.

dysgraphia awareness human

Kermit1doesmath

I'm gonna be honest. After watching that trailer, I don't think this looks that good.

Anti-Matter

@Kermit1
I was thinking almost same with you about Pokemon Scarlet / Violet last trailer.
It didn't really highlight the most important things, instead we saw something similar as Sword / Shield.
I have quite low hype with Pokemon games so even if I pick this game, I might play the game infrequently as I'm a casual Pokemon fan.

Anti-Matter

Kermit1doesmath

I'm no longer getting Pokemon Violet, when I watched the new trailer I felt burnt out just looking at it. I'm going to pass on it for now.

I'm going to save money and get Tunic instead. Also my backlog is haunting me.

Fizza

The amount of schoolboy editing errors in the English trailer is absolutely ridiculous. Accidentally showing brand new Pokemon is one thing, but actively showing a potentially earlier build of the game that has everything running so much slower than on the Japanese end? At that point you're just trying to paint your game in a negative light.

I will say though: despite them being accidentally revealed via a tucked away corner of the mini-map, I kind of love how these Pokemon are shown. It's clearly a mistake (one look at the Japanese trailer proves it), but I'm a lot more hyped for these guys than I ever would've been had they just shown up in game. The rock shroom (or as I've seen around rock salt) is my absolute favourite though, big Golett energy from that guy.

Suicune

This game seems to have a lot more charm than SS, which makes me cautiously excited. SS was a collection of half-baked ideas, this seems to be at least committed to what it wants to be.

Honestly, if they really want to hype me up, they should show off more mons. Not to the extent of Sun and Moon, but I do feel nostalgic towards the Corocoro reveals. Also, starter evolutions always create a buzz! (though with Galar, the final designs were so awful I sort of understand. they admitted as much in an interview too)

They should have kept the way of PLA of engaging with Pokémon though. Tossing a pokeball to engage a battle felt so satisfactory as opposed to just running into it.

Farigiraf is an icon. They're hitting it out of the park with designs so far, IMO.

Suicune

Pizzamorg

I am genuinely getting really excited for this. I know it is probably a pretty low bar in the context of the wider games industry, but I don't see my sister much these days, so the idea of us having a picnic with our Pokemon, taking selfies, just sounds like a really lovely time.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Keveseunie

I'm going to wait for reviews and some let's plays before I decide to buy this or not, but I can say I can't remember the last time I've been this excited about a Pokémon game. Last one I played was Moon, but I returned it after about 5 hours of playtime. The one before that was White, which I played about halfway through before getting bored.

Yeah... I'm not the biggest Pokémon fan but the franchise always intrigued me. It's mostly the way too slow turn-based combat and random encounters that have stopped me from enjoying these games. Hopefully SV will be a bit more quickly paced. The inclusion of the Let's Go mechanic has me hopeful at least.

Yes, Eunie's the boss!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6743-9539-7390

Anti-Matter

@Keveseunie
Yup.
I'm not really a big fan of Pokemon games too but still willing to get the games despite I tend to play Pokemon games slowly and infrequently.
I will get Pokemon Violet but not sure if I can finish the game quickly.
I prefer Yokai Watch games for having more strategic Battle system by using 3 vs 3 despite I cannot take control of them entirely but still able to point the enemies and feed my Yokai with grubs to heal or revive them during battle.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Fizza I'm more puzzled by how their development cycle works. How are they even two different builds in the first place? Did NOA recreate the Japanese trailer shot for shot with a different build? Can't they just switch the language on the fly? The game is a month away from release, you expect it to be pretty much done by now. The games should have official translations for most stuff ready, so the devs in Japan should have access to that as well I presume. Baffling.

Anyway, the three new mon from the icons don't look too hot right now. The rock one is just a first stage, so that doesn't matter, but the mice look incredibly bland, and the bird is a weird cartoon version. Definitely not what I'd imagined it to look like.

Octane

Fizza

@Octane Want to be even more confused? Apparently a lot of the text on the NA/UK trailer is overlayed ON TOP OF Japanese footage (shown at 1:24 on the English trailer).

HOW? JUST.....HOW?!

Edited on by Fizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic