Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,650

Fizza

@Anti-Matter Well thank you!

Performance is pretty much the exact same as before at least for me. I don't really mind the performance myself but I definitely think it depends on the person.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Fizza
Btw, I have question about the game goal by given 3 different scenario after I saw directly from other people gameplay.
Do I have to complete all the 3 different scenario or I can choose any of them to see their each ending ?

Anti-Matter

Fizza

@Anti-Matter You can tackle the 3 of them in any order you want, but you'll need to complete all 3 of them in order to unlock the final storyline at the end of the game (think of it like the Delta Episode in ORAS or Rainbow Rocket in USUM).

FishyS

Fizza discussed favorite new pokemon. I am still only at 362/400, but of what I have my favorites are tied for 1. Clodsire who is basically a big derpy land-whale who moves adorably, makes adorable sounds, and causes earthquakes and spews poison at people and falls asleep constantly.

Untitled

And 2. Tinkaton who is a weird dwarf fairy hybrid. I can't help but enjoy when a trainer Terastallizes their pokemon and then Tinka one shots it with her huge Gigaton Hammer she can barely hold. She also likes to sleep but in super weird positions. And mine utterly ignored most of my commands for like 2 hours but then she suddenly got the title 'the reliable partner'.

Untitled

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

XandertheWise

late last night i beat my first gym in the start of the game which was the Bug gym. Easy but weird with the rolling the giant olive around.

Should i head to the Flying Gym town next? and there anything i should do besides tackling the Flying Gym? like going after the first Team Star hideout or what?

XandertheWise

Eel

@XandertheWise I would recommend you go the complete oposite direction and head to the grass gym instead.

As for team star, I’d recommend starting with the fire or dark bases.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@FishyS Tinkaton carried me through the end of the game. Great Pokemon!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

XandertheWise

@Eel and where exactly is the Grass Gym town at? the world map i was looking at in the game i had a little hard time looking at it since the text is tiny a little bit

XandertheWise

Fizza

@Wolfleaf You're playing Violet right? I'm currently about 75 away from completing my own Scarlet dex (only have a couple of evos, trades and legendaries left to catch) so if you'd like, I could trade my other Koraidon to you and then send your other Miraidon immediately back (since I want to keep my other Koraidon as well)! I'd let you know when I have everything sorted of course so don't worry on that front!

Also Greavard and Houndstone are some of my absolute favourites from this gen as well.
Untitled

Zybrissa

A question for any Scarlet players: did anyone else have a ridiculously hard time finding a Sandy Shocks? I must have spent well over an hour trawling the area for that specific Pokémon, and I've only ever seen one. The only one I've seen someone else catch was in pretty much exactly the same place (on top of the tunnel down from Station 3).

I don't remember any of its Violet counterparts being that hard to find. Did I just get incredibly unlucky, or is it actually that rare and location-specific?

Edited on by Zybrissa

Zybrissa

Eel

There's always two paradox Pokemon that are harder to find, because they only spawn in one place out of all of area zero.

In Violet they're Iron Thorns (it spawns in that same place where Sandy Shocks appears in Scarlet) and Iron Valiant.

Iron Valiant in particular was a pain, I had to look up for a guide.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zybrissa

Thanks for clearing that up. It's interesting; in Violet, I can find Iron Thorns throughout the upper path without much searching (sometimes two or three of them), but Sandy Shocks in Scarlet was a lot more elusive.

And yes, Iron Valiant's location is a pain. I was annoyed with myself for not looking a little bit harder when I finally resorted to looking it up.

Edited on by Zybrissa

Zybrissa

Fizza

@Zybrissa I had a bit of difficulty finding one myself, especially as it was the last one I needed for the dex. My advice if you're having any difficulty finding a specific Paradox mon (for me it was Sandy Shocks and Roaring Moon that gave me trouble) is to make an Encounter Power sandwich of their type before going into Area Zero (since you can't make them in there) and the run around where they usually spawn. They should start popping up pretty frequently if you do that!

XandertheWise

i dont mind the new stuff like the Titans which helps your main story bio mechanical pokemon thing to regain abilities but the whole open world gets confusing and frustrating to try to travel around. and some of the little tiny pokemon you can barely see til you bump into them.

also anyone know where exactly in the game to find Magikarp?

XandertheWise

XandertheWise

@Eel that really doesnt help at all.

I said where exactly?

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic