Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,650

Anti-Matter

So what do you think about the starters looking as they get evolved ?
Would like to see about your prediction of their evolution looks.
I imagined Quaxly will have either Pirate looking duck or somewhat like Mighty Ducks.

Anti-Matter

jump

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Wouldn't they have the resources to (eventually) update every model?

They did that already, in SM the models got updated so they can be used in the future for fancy HD games so the models in SS are the same ones as the 3DS games despite them saying the reason for the smaller dex was so they can create new models.

What was odd is some of the ones they did choose was Wailord who was half the size of the trainers.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fizza

So, I was just thinking about something...

When everyone was expecting DP remakes to be announced in a similar vein to ORAS, we instead got both a very traditional, faithful one (BDSP) and an entirely new game based off of the events/mythology of DP (PLA). Everyone assumed that PLA was the big Game Freak game considering how new and different it was. However, considering that Gen 9 is both coming out this year and has a very similar feel to Legends, I suspect PLA was done by the younger members of Game Freak (remember that interview from when Legends was about to come out?) and SV are the BIG ones made by the veterans taking what they liked from Legends and incorporating it into their own game.

If that's the case then this whole thing about multiple different styles of games coming out so soon within each other feels like the embodiment of this image:
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

VoidofLight wrote:

I get the feeling that Jynx will never return. It's one of the pokemon which was extremely controversial in the past, and doesn't really make appearances in many games.

cough cough Crown Tundra, cough cough BDSP, cough cough.

Anti-Matter

So let's brainstorming about posible things that will be involved in Gen 9 Pokemon games.
Since the region was based on Spain or Iberian peninsula, what things that represent that country that will be likely being used in Pokemon design.
I was thinking Matador, Flamenco, Asereje 😁, Speedy Gonzales, Pirate, Paella.

Anti-Matter

jump

@DarthNocturnal If Porygon put kids into seizures then I'd want Porygon 2 to put kids into comas and then Porygon Z needs to really up the game, maybe have them crawl out of the tv to attack kids like something out of Ringu.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Octane

I thought the trailer was pretty underwhelming. Legends looked better than this. If they want to keep selling the same game twice, better put some effort into it.

Octane

Fizza

@Octane Do it for him.
Untitled
(Understandable grievances though honestly)

Pizzamorg

I thought it was an apple at first, but that is actually a chilli pepper right? Hence fire?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Eel

@Pizzamorg yup, the shape of the body helps that theory too. But yeah the first thing that comes to mind is "apple!". It's the color of the face.

I'm gonna make two predictions:

• New dancer and matador forms for Gardevoir and Gallade (add gender differences for Gardevoir's dancer form and it would be even cooler)
  • New ghost and/or dark type form or evolution for Tauros and/or Miltank

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fizza

@Pizzamorg Yep, you can see it from his silhouette/outline. He's also friend shaped.

Octane

@Fizza I mean, that's probably the only alright thing I've seen so far, but just in general, it don't look good.

Reading the comments a lot of people seem to agree that SWSH was some kind of beta for the franchise moving forward (why even sell us a half-baked product?). Then Legends was another prototype for the open world stuff, and I bet this will feel like another prototype for a future entry. Gamefreak improves as slow as molasses, and they've figured out a way to sell you prototypes of whatever they're working on, and in most cases two versions as well. None of their recent games feel like they're living up to their full potential.

Octane

jump

Octane wrote:

why even sell us a half-baked product?

They have been doing it for decades, why are you complaining now? ;p

It's always been 1 step forward and 2 step backwards with them but as much as we complain we still buy these games.

Nicolai wrote:

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I'm totally fine with this Gen 9 game, as long it has good 3D graphic + good gameplay that already enough for me.

Anti-Matter

VoidofLight

I actually think this looked better than Legends. The textures are higher quality, and the graphics are better. The models keep the same feel of Legends, but actually have fur and scales, which tons of people complained about the Legends models lacking in. The trainer models seemed off-looking, but that's only because Sugimori isn't designing the main trainers this time around. The world itself is also far more detailed. The only thing I don't like is how the frame rate is stuttering, but if it's anything like the situation with Legends, it'll end up better in the end. @Octane

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Wait so its not an apple? Dang it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Fizza

@Eel There seems to be a quota or something in every Pokemon game since Gen 7 where there HAS to be both a Dark type and Ice type regional variant in some capacity. Gen 8 had the Zigzagoon and Darmanitan line, PLA had Qwilfish and Avalugg and Gen 7 had TOO MANY TO LIST.

I'm predicting a Dark/Fighting or Dark/Fire Black Bull Tauros with a seemingly never-ending temperment that actually ends up being friendlier than the original and it's whole demeanour is staged (much like real bull-fighting and Incineroar in a way). As for the Ice type, I'm not too well versed in the culture of Spain but I've always thought a Dunsparce that's secluded itself from society for so long they now live up in the snowy mountains, becoming Ice/Dragon type, would be really cool.

Edited on by Fizza

Snatcher

@CactusMan Chili pepper is likely, I'm just not seeing it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic