Forums

Topic: Pokémon Scarlet & Pokémon Violet

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,650

JaxonH

@roy130390
I've seen that too. And those comments get thousands of likes.

Then they're followed by "Oh wow, what a great looking 3DS game!" and "a new N64 game!" and "woah, best looking SNES game I've ever seen!"

And then ppl respond with, "what did you expect" or "you play for graphics"... like. Are ANY OF YOU actually watching the footage? Cause my response would have been what are you talking about, the game looks surprisingly great!

Idiots. This whole world is full of idiots.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Sisilly_G

@JaxonH : Yikes. That Magnemite comparison REALLY puts the improvements into perspective. And I immediately noticed the improvement in the Seviper model as many others have.

All in all, I thought it looked great. It obviously wasn't rendered at native 1080p, and the frame rate wasn't silky smooth (I would have thought that the devs could have rendered the game on their PCs, rather than being hindered by the Switch's constraints), but it looked like a world I wanted to explore, and I don't recall being as enthusiastic about Sword/Shield as I am about Scarlet/Violet, which shows so much more promise from the get-go.

And I never understood the endless female Mightyenaing about the graphical prowess of Legends: Arceus. There are moments when the visuals take a hit (like when you throw a Poké Ball at a waterborne Pokémon), but the game is by-and-large appealing to my eyes. It's obviously not a graphical powerhouse, but I don't think that the hyperbolic criticisms are warranted either.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Edward_J_Grug_III

@Pizzamorg Arceus will be out 10 months give or take when PSV drop - that doesn't seem all that bad? Much bigger window that BDSP got. I'm already 135 hours into PLA, I don't see a 10 month window being too short at all.

Edward_J_Grug_III

VoidofLight

@roy130390 Honestly, the hate train thing is true. I've had to deal with Bring Back National Dexers popping up from the woodwork, saying how unacceptable it was that this game doesn't bring the National Dex back, when they legit don't understand how having 1,000 pokemon species would hinder the game, instead of help it like they think.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Sisilly_G

They didn’t give us hula skirt Jynx in Alola.

But if we don’t get Flamenco dancer Jynx in Scarlet/Violet...

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

VoidofLight

I get the feeling that Jynx will never return. It's one of the pokemon which was extremely controversial in the past, and doesn't really make appearances in many games.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Oh yeah, what happened with that mon again?

But I'm happy to see my girl Tsareena is in the game!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Sisilly_G

@VoidofLight : I wouldn't say Jynx was "extremely" controversial. Some activist had a moan about it in the late 90s, and unfortunately, TPCi indulged her misdirected indignation.

Jynx has appeared in most Pokémon games on Switch thus far, including Let's Go, Sword/Shield: The Crown Tundra, Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl, as well as New Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX.

She's taken a back seat as far as merchandising is concerned (at least in the West), but otherwise continues to make appearances in the games. I'm more bummed that we likely missed out on a Gen IV evolution as she seemed to be part of a humanoid trio alongside Electabuzz/Magmar as the three of them received pre-evolutions in Gen II, but a new (and needed) evolution for Jynx was likely cut as such a Pokémon would have been unlikely to appear in the anime and other merchandise, and TPCi probably figured that giving her an evolution wasn't worthwhile more so with respect to her long-term profitability (and possibly to avoid any further indignation regarding the character).

Edited on by Sisilly_G

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal Mainly because having them accessible would clash with the style of models they have for this title. The 3D models seemed to have either been made from scratch, or updated like the ones in Legends, so I'd imagine they're not going to have every single pokemon within the same style, and only picked a good handful to update/remake. They seem to be reusing tons of pokemon that were in Legends Arceus, so this is probably the case.

VoidofLight

@DarthNocturnal Even if they had the resources, it'd cost tons to do, and tons to update in for free as well. There's going to be about 1,000 species by the end of this gen probably, so having all the species in one game is becoming increasingly unlikely as they add more and more new ones. Pokemon's probably going to go the way of games like Yokai Watch, SMT, and many others, where it just cuts down and changes it's roster each and every game, all so they can focus on keeping things fresh, whilst focus on the quality of the models, animations, and game mechanics.

Sisilly_G

I don't think we'll reach 1,000 once Scarlet/Violet are released. TPCi have included fewer Pokémon with each generation since the 3DS games, though they have somewhat made up for the absence of new Pokémon by including new forms of old favourites (via Mega Evolution/Regional Forms/Gigantamax).

It would be nice though. It bugs a little when the total number of Pokémon stops shy of a round number upon release of a new generation game.

Anti-Matter

I personally not interested to catch all the Pokemon as I only interested with certain looking Pokemon.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter As is everyone, the whole catch every pokemon is just a completeness, thing.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Silly_G I mean, Gen 7 and 8 had around 80 pokemon each, and Gen 6 had around 60-70 so. 89 for Sword and Shield, 76 for X and Y, and 81 for Sun and Moon.

Edited on by VoidofLight

SViper

@Silly_G Gen 6th added: 72 new species + forms/big gender differences, 48 Mega Evolutions. Gen 7th added: 88 new species + forms/big gender differences, 18 Regional variants. Gen 8th added: 96 new species + forms/big gender differences, 35 Regional variants, 32 Gigantamax forms. So why we have less then 100 new species in new Generations since Gen 6th is due more forms, big gender differences, regional forms, other gimmicks forms, so we still gained kinda a lot.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@SViper That, and because the transition into 3D, on top of the fact that we're fast approaching 1,000 pokemon species. If we had 150 each gen, then we'd have 1,000 by now.

SViper

@VoidofLight exactly for 3D part. And only Gen 1st and 5th had 150+ species, so.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Its a glitch, as the bar doesn't even allow you to do it.

Pizzamorg

Edward_J_Grug_III wrote:

@Pizzamorg Arceus will be out 10 months give or take when PSV drop - that doesn't seem all that bad? Much bigger window that BDSP got. I'm already 135 hours into PLA, I don't see a 10 month window being too short at all.

To be fair I commented on the weirdness of the placement of that too at the time, both in proximity to SMT V and also Legends Arceus. My assumption is that is slightly different because it wasn't a new game and wasn't done by Gamefreak.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic