Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 2,747

NEStalgia

Also, what's a good way to grind? Trainer battles are finite, so if you need to get lots of Pokemon up to level, is there a good way to do that other than infinitely catching the same mon.... But having to now 6 money on tons of balls to do it?

NEStalgia

Eel

Just chain the same Pokémon over and over. You’ll get candy for chaining, which you can sell.

As you chain, it will also become easier to catch the Pokémon, which means you’ll eventually be able to use just one regular pokeball, which means money saved.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Mountain_Man

I've played up through the third gym leader so far, and I can say that the early game is deceptively easy. Not that it has gotten particularly difficult, but I'm no longer KO'ing challengers in one hit and have to actually pay attention to types.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Aphix__DeJaeson

Would be new to the whole Pokemon thing. As I'm new to switch too. Is this game a good starting point to jump into the fandom, or should I start elsewhere? And is it worth the initial asking price?

Don't be a fan boy. Be a gamer.

Mountain_Man

Aphix__DeJaeson wrote:

Would be new to the whole Pokemon thing. As I'm new to switch too. Is this game a good starting point to jump into the fandom, or should I start elsewhere? And is it worth the initial asking price?

Well, it's my favorite Pokemon game to date, and I've played several over the years on the Game Boy Advance, DS, and 3DS. This is the first one that hasn't gotten tedious after the initial charm wears off. I can see myself playing this one for the long haul. The biggest change is no random battles, which makes exploration and traveling actually fun since you're not stopped in your tracks every dozen steps. You can actually see the Pokemon on the screen, so they can be avoided if you wish. And I prefer the Pokemon Go catching mechanic to the old standard of beating on a Pokemon until he's down to a sliver of his health before you can attempt to catch him (assuming you don't accidentally KO the sucker, and then you can't catch him at all, which never made sense to me, because seems like an unconscious Pokemon would be a cinch to catch).

Hard to say if it's worth the asking price. I think it is because this is one I'm going to play for a long time.

The Mountain Man

darkfenrir

@Aphix__DeJaeson I would say that it might be good starting point (albeit it took away too much rules, at least keep Pokemon's ability, sighs...)

And wait until it's around $40 I say? I got it as present so I don't mind, but if I'm buying it myself I'm wishing it's a $30-$40 title

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

2nd hand market might be good idk. I know that it took around 2 years for 2nd hand of ORAS to become half price or so

darkfenrir

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia @Mountain_Man Nah, Same here. I’ve enjoyed Let’s Go more than I have the other traditional entries.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JasmineDragon

JackEatsSparrows wrote:

@NEStalgia @Mountain_Man Nah, Same here. I’ve enjoyed Let’s Go more than I have the other traditional entries.

Ditto. I'm more into it than I have been any other Pokemon game. Older Pokemons got boring so fast, this one makes me want to play it more and more.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

NEStalgia

Yeah, glad to hear there's others amidst the noise. Not sure why everyone seemed to love non stop battle grinds with no variety. It was kind of dated from the limitations of the game boy.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

I like the game but it doesn't hold my interest as much the traditional games due to the movepools and available Pokemon being limited. Granted, FireRed and LeafGreen also have the limited Pokemon and moves for the main game, but postgame has some good stuff. Let's Go has some postgame but not as interesting as the Sevii Islands imo.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GrailUK

I find it a joy to play through. Seeing the Pokémon roaming around, Abra teleporting away if you walk up to them etc it's all feels really genuine. And the poke-ball helps the immersion as well.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Roselly

@GrailUK yeah, same! I don't know if it's due to the pokemon roaming by your side, but to me, it gives off a slice of life vibe within the game.

Roselly

Switch Friend Code: SW-2696-3697-0684

GrailUK

@Roselly Aye. It's exciting to imagine Game Freak building on this with the next Pokémon game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Roselly

@GrailUK Yes, it really is. what kind of starters do you think they'll add to next to the game if continued in the same style?

Edited on by Roselly

Roselly

Switch Friend Code: SW-2696-3697-0684

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic