Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 2,747

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: Haha, perhaps!

@Yosheel: I am distracted by your Eevee's cuteness.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Heavyarms55

There probably isn't much left to say that hasn't been said, but guys, if you beat the game and want to power level to level 100. I know the best way I ever imagined. In Cerulean cave, on the second floor you can farm chanseys at level 57. Playing in 2 player mode, with the second player just using Pokeballs and Premier balls, if you combo catch chansey you can get positively insane amounts of exp. I was getting on average, on average 10-20,000 per catch. But I maxed out, with all the bonuses at once, at 90,000 per catch! I was able to level up around a dozen pokemon to 100 in only about 3 hours.

This method also let me rapidly finish all the evolutions I needed to finish my Pokedex too. So today I finished that (except for MelMetal, which you don't need for the shiny charm) and finished the handful of competitive Pokemon I wanted to use in a few battles.

Speaking of battles, if anyone's looking for some friendly but still competitive games, hit me up anytime. (Discord and Friend code below)

Otherwise, I am finished with this game. It wasn't a main series game, but I got a good 50 hours of enjoyment from it. I am pretty pleased with that. Now, back to Smash!

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

bixente

I've been binging on this the past few days, and I just became Pokemon League Champion. It's a fantastic game, really enjoyed it. My party throughout the majority of the game was:

Eevee
Golduck
Dugtrio
Charizard
Weepinbell/Victreebell
Raichu

I named them all after Seinfeld characters.

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Geobros

I have a question about how to get Charmander and Squirtle in the game. I think the hole question will be spoiler so:

Fot getting Charmander and Squirtle i have to catch 50 pokemons for the first one and 60 for the second. This is what I don't get, this counts the Pokemons I have sent to professor? For example, i have about 30 Pokemons in my bag but 10 was sent to prof. So, this counts 30 or 40 for this side-quest?

I am asking becauce i got Bulbasaur without having 30 pokemons in my bag and I read to the Internet that i have to own 30 pokemons for getting him.

Thanks in advance!

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Eel

Pokémon currently in your possession.

You could also just catch them. Bulbasaur is in Viridian forest, Charmander is in the route before Mt. Moon, and Squirtle can be found in the route north of Cerulean City, where Bill’s house is.

They’re all rare spawns, but getting a bit of a chain going with another more common Pokémon will make them more likely to appear.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MysticGengar

Does this game have an online mode?

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

NEStalgia

I don't get the internet hate for this game. Finally gave myself the belated Pikachu for Christmas.... The game is an absolute blast. And ditching treating every wild Pokemon as a full on battle is the best thing to happen to the grindiness of the series. Really loving it so far, even if the beginning its "very easy mode"

NEStalgia

Ralizah

I started Let's Go! Eevee and immediately boxed my starter. I hear the game is a bit more challenging that way, and it doesn't keep me from interacting with Eevee otherwise.

Still don't like the disinclusion of wild battles, though. Having to continuously capture Pokemon I don't want just to get EXP seems silly when fighting them would be more fun. And the motion controls in docked mode suck, so, when I'm playing only, this is exclusively a handheld game for me.

One thing I do like so far: being able to rename my Pokemon from the beginning. I don't have to hunt down some sage living at the top of a mountain to give my own Pokemon new nicknames.

I do hope the 2019 game makes it where you have to go to a Pokemon center to access your Pokemon again. Making it where you can switch out Pokemon mid-exploration completely removes any element of planning from expeditions into different areas.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

I do keep Eevee around just because (yes it’s very strong).

And yes I do recommend boxing your team if you’re gonna be chaining catches. It can ruin the balancing if you over level your main team, but it’s a great way to evolve Pokémon for the Pokédex.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

@Tsurii We'll see. It's definitely a beautiful and fun game so far, though. Amazing to think how much negativity there was about these games (and still is, primarily among people who refuse to play them). Pokemon Let's Go! seems like 2018's Mario + Rabbids in that respect: the game that people hate the look of, but find is actually quite fun once they start it up.

I should also mention that I'm deliberately avoiding catching Pokemon I've already caught. That should help balance out the levels a bit so I'm not steamrolling enemy trainers with my OP team.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

I ended up with several final evolutions and level 50-Pokémon before the third gym while trying to catch a shiny digglet.

Bloop.

NEStalgia

Personally with the pokeball I'm loving the motion controls. It's a nice way to break up the monotony of battle after battle... That just gets old and it's a bit retro that Pokemon games have no gameplay variety...imo this whole game is an upgrade, internet ranters be darned . I'm hoping 2019 does the same but just expands on it a bit.i love playing with Pikachu babysat who doesn't love Pikachu? And i hate when my cute little starters evolve, i always say no we when it asks, so this is a nice system for me... Though I'm trying to level my teams evenly, which never seems to happen as logically as it should in Pokemon games.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I’ve noticed that the motion controls do feel different using the ball vs joycon, but that could just come down to being able to clasp the ball more naturally than swinging a snickers bar.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Geobros

This game was good but not for 50 euros. If I had paid about 30 I would have been happy. It was a little boring to be honest. I would prefer to replay the original games on my gameboy color.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Late

@Ralizah I'm only catching Pokémon that I need for Pokédex completion and I get more than enough experience from that and battling every trainer along the way. I'm only at the beginning, just beat Misty, but my sister has been playing the same way and she doesn't have much trouble. I believe she has 5 badges so far. And we focus on Pokédex completion so our party changes all the time. If you like to train just few Pokémon, I'm sure you have no need to catch extras.

On another note, marts seem completely pointless so far. Trainers give you Pokéballs and you can find a lot of healing items as well. I have over 100 Pokéballs already without buying any. I haven't even used any berries or Great Balls yet. I doubt I'll be shopping until I get to Celadon and next time won't be until Pokémon League. I bought a Magikarp, though.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NEStalgia

With the pokeball, is there any way to get more info on your moves? The screen says "y" for more info, and shaking the ball is supposed to be "y" but it doesn't seem to work on that screen.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Some of the things for “Y” don’t seem to function with the ball. You can get info on the moves in the Pokémon summary (dex, box, or party), but not in battle it seemed

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic