Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,911

Snatcher

@Eel WHAT! WOO. I love how they make sure you know the shiny is there, It was a loud spark, and it make a bright light, I was able to catch it by throwing a berry at it, and back shot it with a heavy ball, this is so great! Pretty sure this is my first ever shiny pokemon, that I have caught, in a mainline pokemon game!
And its one of my favorite pokemon to, sure its not the best looking shiny pokemon, (Because only its mega and Gmax form look white for whatever reason) but its my first, Not gonna push my luck, but I sure do hope I find a shiny ralts at some point.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Snatcher

God people, its not like we are never getting a turn based pokemon game again, next gen is on its way, and you can have all the normal pokemon stuff that you like.

I think it was a smart move, they made legends, and the D&P remakes, so you have turn based battles, and originaln-ness, and then there is this new take on pokemon, and not gonna lie, its different, but its a good different in my opinion.

Sorry if i'm coming off as a bit of an ass, i'm not trying to say, "Don't like it? play something else" not at all, you are free to not like the game, or what its done, but one mainline pokemon game doing something different is not the end of the world, thats all i'm trying to say.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 Nah, I liked the old formula up until gen 7 where it got stale, and extremely easy.

I like Legends because it’s finally introducing side content into the series again. Something that the modern 3D games have been missing ever since gen 6. Please stop using blanket statements or assuming that people who like this hate pokemon, since you know absolutely nothing about any of us here! Thanks!

Edit: Also, my favorite game in the series was with gen 5, so saying that we all hate the classic structure isn’t true. It’s just that the structure has gotten stale, and lost it’s luster due to gamefreak rehashing the same tired stuff over and over and over.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Pokester99 wrote:

Legends arceus is perfect for you. All the pokemon to catch with no trainers to battle. No evil team, no gyms, nothing that makes a pokemon game a pokemon game. Just throwing pokeballs. For 12+ hours. Pokeballs and bags of food. for 12 hours. All throwing. No battles. Perfection. The change we've always wanted. I can die in peace. No battles....

Actually, if you bothered to get to the second area, you’d know that there is a replacement for the villain team stuff.

kkslider5552000

Pokester99 wrote:

From most of the comments I'm reading here, it appears that Legends Arceus is for the Pokemon fans that didn't like battling or collecting badges and raising monsters to become a champion. As someone big into the competitive scene, this game is nothing more than a pokeball throwing simulator.

oh no the nearly annually released series made a single game not for you, how sad, Alexa play Trick House

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ya, er, I'm about 80% sure they didn't play the game, like at all at this point.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ya, er, I'm about 40% sure they didn't play the game, like at all at this point.

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I feel like he probably did, but only played up to the first area, then dropped it.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight they sure acted like they played the whole game LOL. But what you said is more likely.

roy130390

I could go for this game or get Kirby and the Forgotten Land when it arrives in March. The gameplay changes look appealing and in the end I'm still a big Pokemon fan despite of my complaints with the main entries, so it's pretty much guaranteed that I would have fun with this game. However, that Kirby game does look like it will be one of the definitive games for the Switch... I'd have money for both but Elder Ring is a no brainer for me so it's that and one of these games.

I'll wait a bit more and see what you guys say about it haha, you are like the test subjects .

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

skywake

Pokester99 wrote:

The comparison youre making isn't accurate. Mario platformer and paper mario are 2 different genres. Paper mario is not a stripped down of platformer mario.
Legends arceus is still a turn based rpg with everything stripped down with only catching pokemon being retained as the main focus. If paper mario was a jumping simulator then we'd have a fair comparison.

I feel like you kinda whooshed right past the point there. I mean you ALMOST got it but then you took a sharp left. If you look at this game as if it was a turn based RPG you're missing the point entirely. That's not really what this game is. It isn't a stripped down turn based RPG, it's barely turn based at all, it's an exploration/open world RPG with turn based elements

I think the comparisons with BotW are well founded and it really does sit closer to that style of game than it does to a traditional Pokemon game. You're mostly just exploring areas, managing resources and occasionally encountering enemies that are significantly more powerful than you can currently handle. But every cycle of exploration you get a bit better and move a bit further along.

Do you get into turn based battles with Pokemon? Well yes. But only in the same sense that there are platforming sections in Paper Mario. It exists but it's not the point. And if you're focusing on that as a point of criticism I don't think you at all understand what the game is about. (edit: with that said, obviously outside of the very first area and very low level Pokemon if you want to catch stuff you do have to battle. And there's some strategy to catching, much more than the traditional Pokemon games I'd argue. So calling it a Pokeball throwing simulator is way off the mark and just highlights that you haven't played the game at all)

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Snatcher

@roy130390 Can I be test subject #10!

@Pokester99 When did you ever offer me proof? if you got the proof show it, any way, void pretty much told me what I wanted to know, yes you played it, but only the first area, or so it sounds to me.
oh and here is that quote you asked for,
"it appears that Legends Arceus is for the Pokemon fans that didn't like battling or collecting badges and raising monsters to become a champion" Pretty muchsaid people who like this game, don't like the base pokemon games.

NintendoByNature

Is it 3pm bst yet? Ooopz....wrong thread 🙃.

In all seriousness, about 2.5 hours and its starting to open up a little. I've barely scratched the surface though. I do like the new take on it so far.

NintendoByNature

Snatcher

@Pokester99 And I said this, you don't have to like it, I was replying to what void said, about you not playing the game at all, and I said it sounded like you played the whole thing, and what void said is more likely, sooo, idk what you getting the whole "Not everyone has to like the game" thing from, because I never said that, nor did I try to screw over what you said, its your opinion, that I don't agree with.

And just because people like a game, doesn't make them a fanboy. Edit: You have also been acting like the game is bad is fact, so idk how I can be discrediting opinion, when opinions aren't fact LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

Pokester99 wrote:

@skywake Literally all the resource management revolves around potions and different pokeballs. If that's not a pokeball throwing simulator, I dont know what is. "Exploring" new areas is just throwing more pokeballs at different avatars in different backgrounds. Let's not criticize the main series for repetitiveness only to give a pass to a stripped down spin off of the franchise.

I just really think this game isn't for you, and thats ok, you like pokemon for its battles, and if this is all you see, then I just don't think the game is your fancy.

Snatcher

Pokester99 wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

@roy130390 Can I be test subject #10!

@Pokester99 When did you ever offer me proof? if you got the proof show it, any way, void pretty much told me what I wanted to know, yes you played it, but only the first area, or so it sounds to me.
oh and here is that quote you asked for,
"it appears that Legends Arceus is for the Pokemon fans that didn't like battling or collecting badges and raising monsters to become a champion" Pretty muchsaid people who like this game, don't like the base pokemon games.

go back a few pages. I did offer you proof. I can't be bothered.

I wasnt asking you for the quote and if I did, you would be wise to quote all of my comment and not a part of it.

nor was I talking to you when I told void you acted like you played the whole game, I was just telling them what I thought.

Also, do you mind if you link where you gave proof? (And I only quoted part of it, because you said quote where I said it, not quote my comment, so thats what I did.)

Edited on by Snatcher

Snatcher

@Pokester99 And thats fine, I have no problem with that, I'm just telling you why I disagree, and why I like the game, just as your telling me, why you dislike the game, and didn't have fun.

The only reason why I said stuff like "I doubt they played the game" is because some of the stuff you said, didn't really add up to the actual gameplay, but if you played it you played it, don't let me tell you any different.

Snatcher

Pokester99 wrote:

Snatcher wrote:

Also, do you mind if you link where you gave proof?

I did not give proof. I said I offered you proof but you declined. I was also told not to spoil anything by a mod.

You could always add spoiler tags, and I'm sorry, but I don't remember you offering me proof, and I kinda find it hard to think I would decline, are you sure you wasn't just asking everybody or? because idk if I saw it.

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic