Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,908

VoidofLight

@Eel Oh yeah, The farm dude in the village, who lets you grow Apricorns or berries!

Also, how do I post photos?

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Yep, so far the start is slow, but its gameplay loop is really, just really starting to get there, I love catching the pokemon and doing the missions so far!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I'm already rank 2, which surprised me how fast some of these research quests are. I thought you'd need to fill out every single task to max out the dex entries or something, but apparently it's moreso that you pick and choose.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I'm still one LOL, But that sounds like it isn't a big grind to level up, and you can do it doing whatever the heck you want to do.

I'm just loving the different types of catch scenario's, just in case. Some times, two pokemon can gang up on you, even three, and sometimes, when I throw a berry, another pokemon just goes for it LOL, and those back shots are sweet! and just hits the right spot, HMM. Crafting is just such a joy, and is something I think I will love going down the road.
I haven't even talked about the alpha pokemon, or pokemon attacking you! I was only able to catch one so far, but that was fun! to lure it in, get a back shot, (I know I keep talking about the back shots) and have the big pokemon on your team! I'm totally going to go after big versions of my favorite pokemon, and I'm still onky rank one.

And yes, its a little muddy, and some of the textures take for ever to pop in, but the gameplay is so fun, I really don't mind it (Opinion), and can we just talk about not having to worry about some random pokemon showing up out of the middle of nowhere, and starting a fight.

this isn't even my full thoughts, but yes, you can tell, I'm loving it so far! Also I tested it, there is fall damage.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Munchlax

I’m about 3 hours in and enjoying it but the whole thing so far just seems really… unpolished? Obviously the textures and pop-in, but movement up steep hills feels janky, and you seem to stop running whenever there is any kind of incline change.
Gameplay is definitely solid, the feedback loop is there, but I’m not converted to the reworked battles yet. After the first few hours have just been throwing balls at Pokémon with almost no variation between the behaviour of each species, I think my biggest worry is that the game will start feeling repetitive quickly, especially with how “fetch-questy” some elements are.

Munchlax

VoidofLight

So, I got to the first Noble, and I loved the fight. It was a breath of fresh air compared to how gyms worked in past games, and it actually feels like you do something more than just spamming the same move over and over so that the enemy can die. I also had my first death by taking fall damage (I rode Wyrdeer off a cliff and died). I think the thing that was extremely lucky was the fact that I stumbled upon a shiny. I was just getting my pokeballs back from storage, in the case that I died during the fight, so that I could go catch a Scyther, and I ended up stumbling upon a shiny Geodude on complete accident. Engaged it in battle, and since it was level 7, I was able to throw a heavyball right away to catch it, without having to risk causing it to faint.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I just did that fight, I agree with you 100%.

I almost fell off, but I lived some how??

And you found a shiny! Lucky!

SwitchForce

VoidofLight wrote:

So, I got to the first Noble, and I loved the fight. It was a breath of fresh air compared to how gyms worked in past games, and it actually feels like you do something more than just spamming the same move over and over so that the enemy can die. I also had my first death by taking fall damage (I rode Wyrdeer off a cliff and died). I think the thing that was extremely lucky was the fact that I stumbled upon a shiny. I was just getting my pokeballs back from storage, in the case that I died during the fight, so that I could go catch a Scyther, and I ended up stumbling upon a shiny Geodude on complete accident. Engaged it in battle, and since it was level 7, I was able to throw a heavyball right away to catch it, without having to risk causing it to faint.

Which location was this?

SwitchForce

Jeronan

Are the starter Pokemon gender locked to male?

I tried to get a female starter like I always do, but seems impossible in this game?
I saved the game before choosing as usual, but after 20+ restarts I am about to give up.

Jeronan

VoidofLight

@SwitchForce This was the first area. Fieldlands I think.

VoidofLight

@Jeronan Nah, they aren't gender locked, it's just that the female rate is generally low.

Snatcher

@Jeronan I never go for the female starter's anymore, or female Eevee's for that matter, there female rate is so stupid low.

Jeronan

Snatcher wrote:

@Jeronan I never go for the female starter's anymore, or female Eevee's for that matter, there female rate is so stupid low.

I pretty much always get it in couple tries, at worst 10–15 tries.

But so far in Arceus it just seems impossible.
I am starting to wonder if their gender is locked at the start of the game, instead of when you choose it, like in the mainline games. 🙁

Edited on by Jeronan

Jeronan

VoidofLight

This game is living rent free in my head. Even when I just get through playing it, I want to turn my switch back on and play more.

Snatcher

@Jeronan I think I have seen people with female starter's, so you should be able to get it.

@VoidofLight same!

Pizzamorg

Oh my starter was female, is it that rare?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

SwitchForce

@VoidofLight ok just asking because I pickup but working right now will try later when I get home if the family doesn't steal the game away.

SwitchForce

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Your starter was rowlet yes? its female ratio is 12%.

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg Your starter was rowlet yes? its female ratio is 12%.

Wow maybe I should try the lottery or something! Haha.

I beat my first Noble and it was... kinda weird? So I had a real mixed bag of 'Mons, but he wrecked all of them. Whether they were of the right level or not. The damage in his game seems kinda insane. The weird part is it didn't matter at all? Having no Pokemon to fight didn't stop me from being able to finish the battle.

Just seems so weird in a Pokemon game, for the Pokemon battle to be won by the human spamming weird food grenade things. Like isn't the Pokemon battle meant to be the entire draw? But all of my Pokemon seem to be obliterated instantly and battles against trainers are seemingly always over in seconds with them only using on Pokemon, letting them one shot me over and over and hope I do enough chip damage to win with the last 'Mon using a Strong Style attack. I just really don't know about all this. Like I like the changes to make things like the world more engaging and the act of catching Pokemon more engaging etc but I'm not a fan of all of the other changes around it so far.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Idk, I kinda..like that? Its the wild, where people don't actually need pokemon to fight all there battles, there partners, and to me, it just feels like there kinda, acting like it? idk, its kinda strange for me as well.

Battles also kinda feel like they did in the anime a little bit. But if you don't like it, its very understandable, its ver different.

Edited on by Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic