Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 821 to 840 of 1,912

jump

@Anti-Matter Yep, back in Feudal Japan most kids wore t-shirts and had iphones.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
If you don't have any good things to say to me (sarcasm about modern stuffs & apparel in feudal Japan), just hush.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter it’s mocking the game rather than you as it is the clothes you start wearing in the game in.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Anti-Matter

@jump
"it is the clothes you start wearing in the game in."

This.
Actually you can answer to me with this simple answer without telling me with sarcasm things.
I get the answer now.

Anti-Matter

jump

@Anti-Matter Where's the fun it that though? That's like having ice cream without sprinkles, a burger without cheese or scotch without ice.

Nicolai wrote:

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

Is Legend Arceus retail copy = universal? (Same one game regardless of their region like ACNH)

There's no region-lock on the Switch.

Any Switch cartridge can play on any Switch, regardless of the region of origin.

i.e. - a Japanese cartridge can play on a North American Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Maxz

I believe the full-scale Japanese colonisation of Hokkaido is considered to be well outside of the Japan’s feudal era. The building which the Galactic HQ is modelled after was constructed in the late 1800s, which puts it inside the Meiji Era. The Hokkaido Development Commission, which the Galactic Expedition team is probably based on, was active over a similar period.

But they definitely had smartphones and t-shirts. No doubt about that.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Maxz

@Magician There is tge second issue of whether the game is actually the same irrespective of where you buy it. For example, the Japanese and US versions of Breath of the Wild are essentially the identical, and you can switch between languages during the course of a play-through. The Japanese version of Splatoon 2, however, is specific to that region, and means you’re tied to Japanese Splatfests, and cannot change the language to anything other than Japanese.

The vast majority of first party Nintendo titles are the former however, including Legends: Arceus. The game even asks you at the beginning what language you want to play it, regardless of your system settings.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Munchlax

The Pokédex is 90% the same as Platinum, but for some reason Altaria, Tropius and Houndoom are replaced by Parasect, Ninetales and Walrein? Anybody else think that’s weird?

Edited on by Munchlax

Munchlax

jump

@Munchlax They just weren't invented yet back in those days.

I miss Milotic the most from that gen's dex even if getting the right Feebas was a pain but there's enough Pokes I like in general I can't complain about the selection. I find the 'dex size is just big enough that I can't really complain but not big enough that I'm fully satisfied. I do find it annoying they have hidden poke behind having to buy other games.

Nicolai wrote:

FroZtedFlake

@jump Which pokes are gamelocked by which games?

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

@FroZtedFlakerZz Darkrai needs DP save data and Shaymin needs SS save data. There's other things like masks that are titled locked too.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

Time to play this game, hope everyone is having a good morning.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

FroZtedFlake

@jump Aw man, that's stinky, I only have ss but Darkrai is cool...
Maybe I'll borrow a friend's game just for that lol, probably pick up this game in like a week, just wana hear a bit more about it.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

@FroZtedFlakerZz Yeah I like Darkrai too and I wish it was the other way round as I wouldn't missing out on Shaymin.

Apparently it's a little more than just getting the poke, it's done as a side mission with cut scenes and a battle.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Darkrai? what about it, what we talking about here?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

jump

@Snatcher Darkrai is an extra Poke in the game if you buy a copy of Pokemon DP.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Really? soo uh, I'm I good!

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg The Alpha Pokemon are alphas due to how strong they are. They're like the big enemies in Xenoblade that are level 99 in a zone that's full of level 12 enemies.

Also, I played the game for another hour, and the gameplay loop is actually starting to click with me. I love how capturing wild pokemon with back-strikes feels, and I just really really like having to sneak around as to not alert the pokemon nearby. So far, I've been able to run before I got hit by a wild pokemon's attacks, but there were one or two times where I was hit by them.

One of the things that I think does it for me is seeing old areas like Eterna Forest and Oreburgh cave, but in a new light. I also really love the small details like Eterna forest's theme getting a remix when you get closer to Kleavor's location.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

Speaking of Eterna Forest, I noticed a random farmer with a certain gym leader’s haircut. That was funny with how unfitting it looked.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic