Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,912

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg I kinda like how pokemon battles aren't the primary focus. It's shaking things up a bit from how they usually are.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

Yeah, I suppose thematically it makes some sense, as you running around with your six Pokemon seems to be something unusual in this world. But I just think there is a different way to tell this mechanically.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg such as?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg such as?

Allowing you to only have one Pokemon, you form a bond with over the course of the game, giving a more equal partnership between you and your monster. Like a Hunter and their Weapon in Monster Hunter. Making more sense of the human having an expanded role in the moment to moment.

Or establishing in the story that your ability to command a small army of Mons is the reason you are best suited for taking on the Alphas/Nobles and leave them as straight Pokemon battles, not this stupid roll around throw food battles where the Pokemon don't matter in them.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Ehh... the first one itself doesn't really suit a game where you have to catch multiple pokemon to fill out the dex, and the second one would just be going back to the same old stuff Pokemon is known for, instead of trying something new like they're doing with the Nobles. It would turn Nobles into trials but without the puzzle and only the totem pokemon.

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

@Pizzamorg Ehh... the first one itself doesn't really suit a game where you have to catch multiple pokemon to fill out the dex, and the second one would just be going back to the same old stuff Pokemon is known for, instead of trying something new like they're doing with the Nobles. It would turn Nobles into trials but without the puzzle and only the totem pokemon.

Yeah but this is the point I have made forever, not about this game but just in general.

Change isn't inherently good, just because it is different. Change for the sake of change is almost universally bad.

People were tired of the old Pokemon formula, I get it. Arceus answers to that, I get it. If you like the response, then that is fine. I am glad.

But so far... I am just not sure I do. Fighting boss Pokemon where I don't even need to use my Pokemon, having very little structure, urgency, pace or story and instead being dropped into a big field to do MMO style busy work tasks. Like yeah, this feels very different to other Pokemon games, but to me... not in a good way. Not so far, anyway.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg About the first one. That kinda sounds boring, one pokemon? Why get rid of all six? idk about you, But I form a bond with my starter, even with all six. You were also talking about mechanic wise, but how does taking away six options, make it better?
as for the 2nd point. Its just what void said.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg About the first one. That kinda sounds boring, one pokemon? Why get rid of all six? idk about you, But I form a bond with my starter, even with all six. You were also talking about mechanic wise, but how does taking away six options, make it better?
as for the 2nd point. Its just what void said.

Because it's bad design to me to make you have six Pokémon and make them inconsiquential to boss fights. The human should not be valued more than the entire team of six.

Ralizah

Man, why'd they make that horrible bandana thing a hairstyle? It's like I have to pay 500 yen just to remove that stupid thing and keep the same hairstyle I selected at the beginning.

Pretty early in the game, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

alpacatears

Is anyone else here having trouble with the lost and found mechanic? I can't seem to return them so I can't get any merit points.

I tried to find a YouTube video on how to redeem them and the few comments it has seem to show others having the problem too.

I know it's not an internet issue as mystery gift and trading seems fine. I just wanted to check here to see if it's a widespread bug affecting anyone here too.

alpacatears

alpacatears

Ah never mind. I made an error. The lost and found part just tells you that one's have appeared on your map and you need to go find them and then return them in the menu 😅

alpacatears

gcunit

I've played nearly 6.5hrs today (I have Covid and am unwell so just isolating solidly) It's the sort of game that can be easily bashed for a number of reasons, but ultimately I'm really enjoying it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg But there not? The objective started with you, you the player with calming the thing down, you had to throw stuff at it, not your pokemon, your pokemon, are there to assist, not to calm it down.

Snatcher

@gcunit I hope you get better mate, my best wishes.

Snatcher

@Ralizah I thought that was stupid to, would have liked to keep it on with other hair styles.

Ryu_Niiyama

That intro… is not what I expected. This is going to be an interesting little romp.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pizzamorg

Snatcher wrote:

@Pizzamorg But there not? The objective started with you, you the player with calming the thing down, you had to throw stuff at it, not your pokemon, your pokemon, are there to assist, not to calm it down.

Yeah but you can do the whole boss battle without having to use your Pokémon at all. It's a Pokémon game, they should be central, not an optional side choice.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Look I kinda agree with you there, but to be fair, the game tells you to throw out a pokemon when its stunned. And it was just the first fight, so maybe you might have to do battles with the other's, but TBH, I actually couldn't care less about the trainer battles, sure there fun, and I hear there wasn't to many of them (In the base game), but I like the part where I can have my pokemon help, with everything else, breaking rocks, and knocking stuff out of tree's, but these are very mixed and early thoughts, so don't quote me on any of this LOL, it could change.

skywake

Honestly, I don't think I can fault the game too much at all really. It has my attention in a way that not many games do and Pokemon in general hasn't since.... probably Gen 4 if I'm being honest. I wasn't entirely convinced I'd pick it up until I saw some of the reviews and I'm really glad I did

In terms of the back and forth about the visuals? I mean sure, they're a bit clunky but I don't think it really matters. Also I think people are wrong to argue about whether graphics matter or not. In some games they certainly do and it's pretty much the entire appeal. But in other games that isn't why you play them. It really depends on the title and I think with Arceus it really doesn't rate as a reason to enjoy the game

The game has me actually caring about my Pokedex as a mechanic. That isn't really something I've done in Pokemon since the really early generations. Usually it's just look up a guide to find some interesting type combos/stats and building up a team for battle. Grinding in high level areas for exp. Occasionally I've gone into some generations blind on purpose but even then the Pokedex isn't the focus. This game has me basically not caring about battles at all and instead I'm seeing a Scyther on a ledge and being genuinely hyped about catching it to fill out a pokedex entry. Brilliant.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

VoidofLight

The longer I play, the more is added on top. This game is full of content.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic