Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,911

jump

@Pokester99 You should have just replied with “Your complaint about the Pokemon game is... you catch Pokemon... in it???
???
???????????????????” for the bants and lols.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pizzamorg

I thought @Pokester99 was just flat trolling, but yeah, almost two hours in, they seem to be kinda right? And I'm happy to admit that. You can argue the old ten year old kid goes out and beats all the strongest trainers in the land thing is tired, but it gave the game a sense of structure, escalation, immediacy and purpose, even if it might have all been artificial. You were always progressing towards something.

Here, that has all been taken away and there just isn't anything in it's place? Arbitrary MMO style busywork tasks are not the answer (for me). But who knows, maybe at like hour five the game will properly begin or something.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg I was told the game started pretty slow, so eh.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@Pokester99 Because just sending pokemon out, and spamming thunderbolt, is interesting.

@VoidofLight I haven't even gotten and hour in. but I do think the worry's will disperse soon. I to heard it starts slow, so I'm going to play through it, and just see where it Evolves LOL.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

@Pizzamorg I was told the game started pretty slow, so eh.

Yeah and the game is still VERY handholdy, so I have to hope this is just the tutorial and it's gonna get better.

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 I dunno, in past games I would just nuke the opposing pokemon with a singular move over and over again, due to type advantages. Barely had to think or use genuine skill.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Snatcher

@Pokester99 We shall see my friend, we shall see.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

I dunno, I like how humans can do more, given that humans don’t solely rely on pokemon in an age where the pokemon are absolute wild animals that can maul people’s faces off.

Snatcher

Pokester99 wrote:

@VoidofLight but to do that you had to send out a Pokemon with a type advantage that knew a powerful enough move to be worthwhile. You had to raise that pokemon to learn a powerful move. And if you were interested enough, you knew when to use a special or physical move.

Or you could just give it a TM, if this is the newer games, I have no idea how you would go about doing that in the older ones, but in sword and shield, you could go through the whole game, just knowing moves like thunderbolt, or earthquake, without using a single state changing move, I just did that to make it more fun for myself, D&P tho, ya you got to use that stuff.

Pizzamorg

Pokester99 wrote:

@jump Apparently that's not a valid criticism on this website. Had my comment deleted.

Don't play that card. It got deleted because you insulted me, not because of your opinion. You just came across like a massive troll.

Also, yeah, again early days for me, but I think the changes they made to give you the player a more active role in the world is a good one. Makes it feel fresh without changing the formula too much.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Thats what I like about this to, its in a age where pokemon are, actual wild animals, an will an can kill you.

VoidofLight

I think I’m probably addicted. I want to play more, but I really really don’t need to at the moment, since it’s late.

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 it took me around 2 minutes to beat Gym Leaders in previous games using type advantages, so.

VoidofLight

Oh also, another thing I noticed was how normal battles can become a double one if pokemon are nearby and stumble in.

jump

Is there a way of just transferring save data of one game to a different account on a different Switch? I want Darkrai but I don't want Pokemon DP.

@Pizzamorg I mean the pair of you brought it on yourselves. Posting a condescending reply (which you agree with in hindsight) will only aggravate the debate and spin it away from the issue at hand.

Also condescending is when you speak DOWN to someone by the way ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Pizzamorg

Just beat my first Alpha Pokemon. What makes it Alpha? I guess that glorious moustache. The weird polyphonic cries they still use in these games though are really unpleasant.

Holy ***** though, this thing wrecked me. I think I was slightly under levelled but this thing was like one shotting basically everyone and not even using super effective moves. I have heard really mixed reports about the difficulty on this one, but if being a level or two under is the difference between being one shot or not, I would say this seems significantly harder than S/S.

Eel

Welp I’ve played for about two hours, and now it’s really late and I should go to sleep.

I’m liking it so far. Seems pretty chill and I like that.

Picked Cyndaquil, named him Biggs. Will be picking a worthy second in command to be his Wedge at some point.

I found a scary looking snorlax. I knew better than to engage with it, but I took the chance to feed it a berry. It ate it, then stared me down. I left to bully weaker Pokémon instead.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

jump

So as the game is out now can we stop putting everything in spoilers? Like obvious stuff like post game, the big bosses etc are fair but if it’s just to mention a so-so Poke then it seems overkill to me.

Nicolai wrote:

Maxz

Untitled

Untitled

Picked this up at lunch. Now have just finished lunch in game. Definitely a bit of deja vu going on!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Maxz
Wait, is that default clothing from your character (casual T-Shirt)?
Is Legend Arceus retail copy = universal? (Same one game regardless of their region like ACNH)

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic