Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,912

Snatcher

I hope this game gets DLC like sword and shield, it would suck if it didn't.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

I'd be happy if it didn't get DLC, since the concept itself seems like a full product, but I'd like them to take the concept to a higher potential.

@X-Slayer Ah, I wouldn't know really. The only reason something like Link's Awakening had the frame issue was due to people installing it onto their SD cards instead of the console.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Thats true, but wouldn't it be cool if it gets updates at least, that adds new stuff?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

As long as the game itself has tons of stuff to do in it already, then I guess I wouldn't mind free content updates. @Snatcher

Snatcher

@VoidofLight If you don't mind knowing how some of the game works I heard there are quest, so maybe they could do a MH like thing with it, and just add more quest, and when they do, do mythical pokemon giveaways, a would like them to be quest, so you can catch them

If you didn't click on it. I think it would be cool if whenever they do those giveaway pokemon, or mythic's, if you could battle them.

Savage_Joe

I'm gonna have a hard time working tomorrow. Since I work remote, I don't have to call in sick 😂

Savage_Joe

Anti-Matter

@Pokester99
"In all honesty I think this game would only please someone who is 13 or younger, but that age group would still rather play CoD probably."

Not really.
Even back when I was teen, I never like or even want play those rated M games.
I was born to like cartoonish games and it will not changed even i'm already adult.

Anti-Matter

Snatcher

Pokester99 wrote:

@VoidofLight I'm not trying to be a troll. Maybe my negative views come off as trolling because I hate the lack of effort that goes into making Pokemon games with a passion but I truly believe Pokemon Legends Arceus is a bad game in 2022. Had it released in 2006, I would have been ecstatic to play it and would not stop praising it.

In all honesty I think this game would only please someone who is 13 or younger, but that age group would still rather play CoD probably.

I don't understand, why is it that its in 2022 making a difference from you like it or not?

I hope your right about the updates.

VoidofLight

Around 40 more minutes to go. I'm more excited for this than I was for New Years..

Edited on by VoidofLight

Snatcher

@VoidofLight 5 hours for me ):,' I need opinions once you play!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher I'll be sure to post opinions without spoilers!

NintendoByNature

@X-Slayer I went with Rowlett who honestly was my 2nd favorite choice. Love that little oshawott, but I kind of wanted to go with Rowlett since he's a grass and flying type in one. Maybe he'll be a little more versatile? Who knows. I'm a pokemon newbie for the most part, so I'm still learnin over here.

NintendoByNature

Pizzamorg

So I ended up getting up early so I could squeeze an hour in before work, I might try and squeeze in more if I can as well.

My first impressions are certainly mixed, but more on the positive side.

Firstly talking about the hot button issue... the graphics. They are for sure very rough around the edges, a lot of times the textures just look like they haven't loaded in and you wait for it and it just never happens. Pop in is still pretty horrendous, both in terms of the world, but they also still can't seem to get many Pokemon on screen, either. Like it is better than S/S, but you are still looking mostly at an empty field, waiting to get close enough for the Pokemon to spawn in.

I could forgive almost all of this if it wasn't for the framerate. I wouldn't say this is like aggressively up and down or whatever and I've never thought myself as framerate sensitive but there is just this subtle sluggish choppiness to this constantly that started to make me feel a bit sick.

However, on the flip, I think YouTube compression has been quite unkind to the game. I definitely think this looks better in person than it does on YouTube videos and there is certainly more visual style to the game moment to moment than maybe came across in the footage too. Like I'm not saying this isn't a technical nightmare, even for the Switch in mind, because it kinda is. But I thought I'd try and be balanced.

As a game, I am also mostly mixed. Making the act of engaging with the world a more active thing is really awesome, sneaking around, dodge rolling, dynamically catching Pokemon and entering into battles allows them to freshen up the Pokemon loop without actually needing to change the fundamental core. That might disappoint some, but I'm glad they didn't deviate too far away, they just made it more engaging. Animations seem generally improved in battles too and the new dynamic angles for the battles certainly helps makes the battles seem more interesting too.

However, my concern is like... is this the whole game? Go out into a field, do these MMO style quests of like catch x, battle x etc? Cause like, if there's no like greater goal, or story, to thread it together, it is just like nothing but busywork side quests, I am not sure if this will hold me all the way through?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Man I can't wait to play it! But to be fair, who plays pokemon for the graphics anyway.

Snatcher

OMG I just checked! Time to play!

Eel

Well I wasn’t expecting the game to start like this

Though it does explain that

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Snatcher

@Eel Pretty crazy!

Well, uh I haven't even gotten past the fluff like stuff yet, but, I'm going to bed, see you all tomorrow.

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 Well, the Noble fights are meant to be more than just "Send pokemon out, mash random buttons, win" but okay.

VoidofLight

Anyways, I played two hours tonight, and I'm off to bed soon, but I wanted to drop my impressions. So far, I really enjoy the game. The graphics, while not being the best are pretty good, and the gameplay loop itself is pretty good as well. The one thing I am worried about is that the whole game will consist of gathering materials, completing quests, and grinding the pokedex, but it's a bit too soon, and it still feels like I'm barely out of the tutorial stages of the game itself.

The pokemon models and animations are great, and the encounter I had with an Alpha pokemon was legitimately terrifying honestly. I love all the little details in the visuals, and the sound design for the game as well. Overall, I like the game, but I'm not extremely impressed yet. I heard some good things about some content later on, so I just feel like it's a slow start pretty much.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic