Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,904

VoidofLight

@jump Eh, I doubt the combat will fall into "Pick a move and spam it" over and over. From what I've heard, the new system makes you have to think a bit more, due to how turn orders work this game.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

jump

@VoidofLight That's not an either or, it's very attack based with the thinking is on how to attack first now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump I mean, from the trailers, they make it to be like "You can either make your attacks stronger, but then give your enemy the advantage, or you can make them weaker, and get an extra turn to do whatever with". I assume later in game, the enemies will be able to use styles as well.

FroZtedFlakerZz

@VoidofLight They do, the only annoyance is it sometimes makes it feel like it's just I hit you with a strong move and kill you, you hit me with a strong move and kill me, rinse and repeat

At least that's what a review I read said lol

Games I'm playing right now:
Zelda BotW - Switch
Zelda Skyward Sword (Motion Controls) - Switch
Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - Switch
Mario Maker 2 - Switch

jump

@VoidofLight Yes, those are attacks. The emphasis of battles now is to get attacks out as soon as possible so a more indirect approach like a status inflictor isn't much help as they wouldn't survive long enough.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Snatcher

I heard that the combat change makes some moves, that people would never use, actually useful, but thats just something I heard from a Q&A.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

jump

@Snatcher they are probably referring to moves like quick attack, aqua jet etc as those moves are super useful now.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Really? So its not just get thunderbolt and your good? if quick attack is good now, what other's could be?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

jump

@Snatcher yeah, something like quick attack effectively gives you multiple attacks now. Weaville with Ice Shard could be an uber in the game now.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Does that mean pikachu might be a pokemon worth having for its speed? because pikachu was crapo in the other games.

Silly_G

I find it especially weird that the Porygon line is in this game of all things when the whole idea behind the Pokémon is that it is based on primitive computer-generated imagery.

Either way, I'm not sure who I want in my team. I typically don't train Pokémon that I've trained in previous games, but I'm tempted to have another go-around with Porygon and the Togepi families.

Some of the models that I've seen so far look quite ugly in isolation, but I'll reconsider once I see some of the new Pokémon/forms "in person", so to speak.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

@Silly_G there’s an in game reason for that which I laugh at.

Also you may want to consider putting that in a spoiler as some folk are funny.

@Snatcher Maybe but Pikachu is a non fully evolved Poke so it’s never gonna fight in the big leagues and win.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@X-Slayer I feel like it works just like any other game you get off the eshop. Just like the original game itself. Unless, there's some weird differences I didn't know about.

Snatcher

There is something else I need to know for those who have seen the leaks, are the kanto starter's in this game?

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

@Snatcher From what I've seen, this is the first game without the Kanto starters in a long time. I haven't been following many leaks though, but I saw a twitter post congratulating Gamefreak for it.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Dang it, I was hoping to see Blastios use there guns

Snatcher

I hope this game gets DLC like sword and shield, it would suck if it didn't.

VoidofLight

I'd be happy if it didn't get DLC, since the concept itself seems like a full product, but I'd like them to take the concept to a higher potential.

@X-Slayer Ah, I wouldn't know really. The only reason something like Link's Awakening had the frame issue was due to people installing it onto their SD cards instead of the console.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Thats true, but wouldn't it be cool if it gets updates at least, that adds new stuff?

VoidofLight

As long as the game itself has tons of stuff to do in it already, then I guess I wouldn't mind free content updates. @Snatcher

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic