Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 761 to 780 of 1,911

Sisilly_G

I haven't received my copy yet, but I imagine that the only way they can top this game is if we get a follow-up set in Johto.

And maaaan, do I love Johto.

And if TPCi give us both remakes of G/S/C and Legends: Celebi within months of each other (similar to how they've handled Gen IV), then that'd totally make my decade.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Snatcher

@DomGC I agree with all this!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Silly_G Eh, if they end up going in order, they'll probably do Unova next, given Unova remakes are up next as well.

@DomGC Honestly, it could be that this game is better, due to it being produced by the newer folks at Gamefreak, and not the legacy team. Wouldn't be surprised if this started around the same time as Sword and Shield entered development.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

DomGC wrote:

Ion top of the battle system seemingly fixing my biggest issue with Pokémon as a series - the whole OHKO "meta" that's been plaguing the battles since forever (which is something I liked slightly more about sword because it felt like you don't end match ups in one or two turns while I was dabbling in online battles) by actually giving the enemies stats worth jack and by switching up the turn based system.

I've not fully decided yet as I'm waiting for some more trainer battles but I'm not convinced. The movepool is very shallow now so instead of people being able to use a Poke in a number of different ways it seems to be they have one set up that works for them and there is less emphasis on non-damaging moves so a Poke like Klefki (the most absurd uber Pokemon ever!) or Draipon would never be usable in this set up.

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into how 12 years old play Pokemon by simply powering through or just matching up weaknesses as that would be dull.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@jump Eh, I doubt the combat will fall into "Pick a move and spam it" over and over. From what I've heard, the new system makes you have to think a bit more, due to how turn orders work this game.

jump

@VoidofLight That's not an either or, it's very attack based with the thinking is on how to attack first now.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

VoidofLight

@jump I mean, from the trailers, they make it to be like "You can either make your attacks stronger, but then give your enemy the advantage, or you can make them weaker, and get an extra turn to do whatever with". I assume later in game, the enemies will be able to use styles as well.

FroZtedFlake

@VoidofLight They do, the only annoyance is it sometimes makes it feel like it's just I hit you with a strong move and kill you, you hit me with a strong move and kill me, rinse and repeat

At least that's what a review I read said lol

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

jump

@VoidofLight Yes, those are attacks. The emphasis of battles now is to get attacks out as soon as possible so a more indirect approach like a status inflictor isn't much help as they wouldn't survive long enough.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

I heard that the combat change makes some moves, that people would never use, actually useful, but thats just something I heard from a Q&A.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

jump

@Snatcher they are probably referring to moves like quick attack, aqua jet etc as those moves are super useful now.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Really? So its not just get thunderbolt and your good? if quick attack is good now, what other's could be?

jump

@Snatcher yeah, something like quick attack effectively gives you multiple attacks now. Weaville with Ice Shard could be an uber in the game now.

Nicolai wrote:

Snatcher

@jump Does that mean pikachu might be a pokemon worth having for its speed? because pikachu was crapo in the other games.

Sisilly_G

I find it especially weird that the Porygon line is in this game of all things when the whole idea behind the Pokémon is that it is based on primitive computer-generated imagery.

Either way, I'm not sure who I want in my team. I typically don't train Pokémon that I've trained in previous games, but I'm tempted to have another go-around with Porygon and the Togepi families.

Some of the models that I've seen so far look quite ugly in isolation, but I'll reconsider once I see some of the new Pokémon/forms "in person", so to speak.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

@Silly_G there’s an in game reason for that which I laugh at.

Also you may want to consider putting that in a spoiler as some folk are funny.

@Snatcher Maybe but Pikachu is a non fully evolved Poke so it’s never gonna fight in the big leagues and win.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@X-Slayer I feel like it works just like any other game you get off the eshop. Just like the original game itself. Unless, there's some weird differences I didn't know about.

Snatcher

There is something else I need to know for those who have seen the leaks, are the kanto starter's in this game?

Edited on by Snatcher

VoidofLight

@Snatcher From what I've seen, this is the first game without the Kanto starters in a long time. I haven't been following many leaks though, but I saw a twitter post congratulating Gamefreak for it.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Dang it, I was hoping to see Blastios use there guns

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic