Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,902

Vortexeo

Joeynator3000 wrote:

...You'd think there would at least be co-op...

I was really hoping for some sort of co-op as well. I think the most fun I've ever had with pokemon came from battle frontier in gen 3. My cousin and I spent hours doing battle tower together. When we used to play PokeMMO we got so far in battle tower that the NPCs started using legendaries lol. Either way though, I'm still looking forward to trying PLA

Edited on by Vortexeo

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Octane

@Silly_G Light is already kinda covered by Psychic, Fire, Electric, Fairy, and even some Grass moves. And keep in mind that in Japanese Fighting is the opposite of Dark.

Octane

Snatcher

@Silly_G You were way to ready for my question.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Silly_G

@Snatcher : Ideas were flowing as I went along, so I would hardly say that I was "ready".

@Octane : I had more or less stated that, and my proposal for the Light type was more philosophical/spiritual as opposed to literal (which is where the other types come into play), and to act as a counter to the Dark type (which is known as the "Evil" type in Japanese), which is mainly comprised of malevolent moves.

We have also seen "Light" Pokémon in the trading card game, whereby such Pokémon have altruistic/self-sacrificial moves/abilities. And on that note, perhaps Light can be a separate attribute, serving as a counter to Shadow Pokémon, should they ever incorporate Shadow Pokémon into the main series games (as they already exist in Pokémon GO, and - if I am not mistaken - Gale of Darkness before that).

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 That.. isn't true. It's just that these games are primarily built to be singleplayer JRPG experiences, much like any other JRPG under the sun.

Currently Playing: Persona 3 Portable and Pokemon White 2!

VoidofLight

@Pokester99 I had friends who saw the leaks, and some who even played the game, and there's more to it than just throwing pokeballs at other pokemon, or battling pokemon. It's repetitive because that's what we call a "Gameplay loop", and Pokemon games already have that believe it or not. They consist of battling and throwing pokeballs until the end of the game. Hell, most JRPGs have gameplay loops which consist of doing the same stuff over and over again and again until the game's done.

Snatcher

@Pokester99 Dude, I have seen youtubers, reviewers, and people who got the game early, a lot of people think its a good game, thats fine if you don't like it, but don't need to crap on everyone else who is actually happy about the game.

"You would be wise not to follow scores blindly." What? and follow you? because your opinion is so much better then everyone else?

and yes, I also heard there are like 10 trainer fights in the game, and that the game is more or less so, raising your pokemon, so if all you did was throw poke balls at a pokemon, and threw it in the PC, your missing the point of the game, or just don't Enjoy it

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Anti-Matter

@Pokester99
Here is the thing.
You don't have to be Pokemon fan to play Pokemon games.
Some peoples are newbie in Pokemon games so if they like the games by naturally without thinking too much about trivial such as the tree textures or repetitive catching, then it was a good purchase for them. They don't really care with all the trivial things you complained about.

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Silly_G

@Pokester99 : Likely the PC version. It was the console versions that were (significantly more) problematic.

Edited on by Silly_G

An affiliate link to a Link in need is an affiliate Link indeed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

VoidofLight

@Silly_G Not to mention too, that comparing Cyberpunk to this is two entirely different situations. In this situation, the game leaked early and most of the most critical figures in the community actually got excited by the leaks. One dude who was one of the people who nitpicked Sword and Shield to hell and back actually really likes Legends, despite it not being the best graphically.

Pizzamorg

Pokester99 wrote:

@FroZtedFlakerZz too bad. Enjoy throwing pokeballs for 12 hours straight. But I guess there is variety, throwing pokeballs from behind the monster and in front. Yes those are actually objectives in the game lol.

Your complaint about the Pokemon game is... you catch Pokemon... in it???

???

???????????????????

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

jump

So my thoughts so far. It's very good and I'm enjoying it but it hasn't hit me with an "Oooh" moment the same way Zelda BOTW or any other franchises have when making a big leap. The biggest thing for me in the game is that catching Pokes actually feels rewarding which is a very nice change of playing these games and seeing it as a chore. I found the graphics to look nice and the plot is dumb fluff which I only add since everyone keeps going on about the plot and grapics.

I'm not too deep into the game so I'm gonna reserve judgement on the battle changes and both the move and 'dex depth. I'm very sceptical on the move count and the 'dex total seems on the lighter side to hide Pokes behind needing save data from other games but I haven't noticed them all being the same just yet.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I feel like the plot of the game starts out more like fluff, but probably gets better as the game goes on.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg Super mario is boring, all you do is jump.

VoidofLight

Man, I wish I were awake to see what that deleted reply was.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight same LOL.

Pizzamorg

VoidofLight wrote:

Just him/her/they complaining about a Pokemon game being a Pokemon game while trying to passively insult my intelligence for calling out their trolling.

(thanks for stepping in Mods, I didn't want to take the bait).

Edited on by Pizzamorg

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Mario Tennis Aces. Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. RingFit Adventure.
PC games currently playing: The Division 2. WWE 2K22. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Ah, I figured as much. Wish the dude would just let people actually enjoy things.

Edited on by VoidofLight

jump

VoidofLight wrote:

It was along the lines of don't insult me as I can insult you too type thing, it was all very mild and your imagination of whatever nasty insult was said is better than the real thing.

I do find the mods can overzealous on here at times just because another user has pressed the report button it gets removed without looking at the context of what was said. I've looked at alot of my stupid nonsense posts and wonder why did that one get removed for bad language when the closest thing to a swear word is pricked when taking about getting an injection but nothing in the 2-3 pages of talking about perverts in the rock thread got deleted as it was probably because no one really goes in there.

To be honest as much as Pokester99 is probably trolling you do have fanboys saying that aspect X is actually good without playing the game so it all balances in the great yin-yang of life.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Vortexeo

I can't wait to start the game tonight! I might not make too much progress since I want to finish up SMT V first but I really want to see the beginning of legends for myself

I'm always so close to finishing my backlog but then that one game that never goes on sale happens...

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic