Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,908

Vortexeo

Initially, I was cautiously optimistic about this game but I saw some footage, and dang it...now I'm excited. I shouldn't have looked at it because the wait over the next few days will be painful šŸ˜…

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket ā€œI donā€™t think itā€™s going to be the best pokemon game because other unrelated games are better!ā€

Like, I get saying ā€œI donā€™t think it will be my favorite game.ā€, but ā€œbest pokemon gameā€ means best game in the pokemon series, only taking pokemon itself into account. The logic is just a bit off here.

Edit: by no means, will it be the best jrpg. However, in pokemon standards itā€™ll probably be good.

Edited on by VoidofLight

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Pizzamorg

Snaplocket wrote:

I don't think this is going to be the best Pokemon game given the context. If it was on the Gamecube then I would agree but RPGs have come a very long way since then and everything I saw leaked just wasn't all that impressive compared to other RPGs I loved this generation.

Man, is this how I come across to everyone else? Is this why I am on so many ignore lists? I feel like I at least try to be balanced, Snap keeps posting in here over and over and just always ***** all over this game that hasn't even released lol. I'm not this bad... am I? I'm so sorry, I will change.

Like you have every right not to be excited about this or think it doesn't look great or whatever, but do you really need to keep posting that over and over and over again?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

VoidofLight

Eh, I don't care if people consider my opinion or not. I just called that one post out since it's flawed logic. I don't really care if people hate or dislike the game, but it's weird how someone would say "I don't think this'll be the best game in the franchise, because many other RPGs that aren't in this series or related to this series did the same things but better!". I'd get that argument if someone was trying to contest the game being the best JRPG of all time or something, but no one is. We're just talking franchise-level, and about the pokemon franchise itself mainly.

Vortexeo

@Pizzamorg You're perfectly fine sir (at least to me anyway lol) šŸ‘

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Do people frequently make a point of telling you they're putting you on ignore?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Pizzamorg

Ralizah wrote:

@Pizzamorg Do people frequently make a point of telling you they're putting you on ignore?

Every time lol

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg idk man, you an amazing dude to me, idk why snap needs to keep raining on peoples parade tho.

@VoidofLight I agree.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

Haha, thanks everyone.

I was only playing around - people ride my ass around this forum for being "too negative" and I just saw Snap doing exactly the thing I am always criticised of, so had to say something. I'd say sorry if I hurt any feelings but I'm really not.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg As someone who gets branded as "too negative" often, I feel your pain honestly.

Pizzamorg

And again - no one should feel they can't be negative or say how they feel in any regard. I think at times this forum can be a little too quick to shutdown an opinion that isn't within the grain of the consensus here. However, it's one thing to say 'Hey, I'm not feeling this because of x reasons' and another to make some kind of negative comment every single time the thread is posted in, often unprompted and not within the context of the wider conversation. Especially for a game that hasn't even come out yet.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I hold back TBH, I have a pretty negative outlook on things, I have been trying to be, well, less of that LOL.

I don't think any of you guys are negative, just honest.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outsideā€¦you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but Iā€™m very much alive!

MysteryCupofJoe

@Pizzamorg I feel you as well. I was hoping for a movie discussion, but people did not take it well on another platform.

MysteryCupofJoe

I-U

I need to fire up Pokemon Brilliant Diamond at least once to feel a little bit better about picking up Arceus on release. I'm excited for the game. They had me invested with the new evolutions and Hisuian forms. The further focus upon open designs that the series began to take with the Wild Area, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra is going to be fun to get into and explore this coming weekend.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

jump

Snaplocket wrote:

@JaxonH Red and Blue, Silver and Gold, pretty much every generation of main games except iv and vi onwards were always considered some of the best games of their respective years.

Like I said, the game sounds fine but there are plenty of superior RPGs on the Switch. It wouldn't be that remarkable of a game if it wasn't a Pokemon game. In all fairness, you could say the same thing about almost every other main installment since the GBA era.

I think Famitsu has given the much fabled perfect score to BW too.

In any case Pokemon isnā€™t traditionally GOTY winning material. It would be like COD, Assassins Creed or any other heavily sequelized game being considered GOTY, they are made to appeal to their fan bases rather than pushing AAA games to be the most AAA game ever.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

I love pokemon, but Iā€™ve never considered any of the games GOTY material. Even the peak of the series isnā€™t really GOTY material.

Buizel

I don't think Pokemon has ever been considered GOTY, except maybe during the Pokemania peak of the late 90s. The series has been predominantly handheld, and handheld games often don't get the same treatment as console games. Plus GOTY candidates aren't necessarily just good games - they're games that push boundaries, which (as much as Pokemon is my favourite game series) just isn't Pokemon's strong point.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Octane

@VoidofLight If this game is open world, then so is Mario 64.

20 years ago you could've made the argument that Ocarina of Time was open world, though by today's standards it wouldn't be considered as such anymore.

I don't think anyone calls Monster Hunter open world, do they? I don't know. But BOTW isn't any different from Skyrim in that regard.

Octane

Joeynator3000

I usually call some of those games open world-like. Like, mini-open world or something...

Apparently this game will be open world-like, some of these games are okay to me...it's usually a hit or miss kind of deal. Because Monster Hunter World...yeah I didn't like it much, but Rise I'm okay with....I also liked the original Xenoblade. I guess the Monster Hunter Stories games could count as these types of games as well, er, until you're able to fly anyways. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pizzamorg

Does it being a full blown open world game, or more of a hub based World like say Stories 2, really matter though, in the end? My understanding is the main problem with the Wild Areas were around their atrocious technical performance - especially when playing online - more than necessarily their scale. If they have managed to stabilise the game and sort out the insane pop in/draw distance problems, then great. But even if they had, would it being non hub based suddenly make the game better than it's otherwise going to be? (if that is even how it'll work, we don't know yet).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic