Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,908

jump

Has anyone seen the...

new Sneasel evolution giving rides to the avatar? That's pretty cool.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

@Octane Xenoblade is called open world, and the world’s structure here is extremely similar, aside from having spots where each area connects by loading zone.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg The wild area was god awful in Sword and Shield, and I’m glad this won’t be a repeat. The area was really small, and each zone was awful because the weather changed drastically. Pokemon sprouted up from the ground when you were a few inches away, and the online frame rate wasn’t good either.

I already feel like Legends fixed this in some part, given that they have an actual technique to display pokemon from pretty far away, so you don’t run into them whilst riding. When further away, they’re displayed as 2D images instead of 3D models, until you get up closer.

As for the areas themselves, I hope it runs smooth enough given the render distance of the game itself.

Clyde_Radcliffe

Anyone noticed the start of the Pokemon Arceus field theme has strong similarities to the Ocarina of Time title screen music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yep7lq-riV0

I haven't watched the footage of the game but noticed in Tetris 99 as this music is used in the Pokemon Arceus theme. Immediately noticed it.

Edited on by Clyde_Radcliffe

Clyde_Radcliffe

Pizzamorg

Any news on reviews, yet? The game is less than a week away, people are literally playing the game on Twitch lol... surely they have to be dropping reviews soon?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

jump

Looking at some of the changes to the existing moves I think Pokemon Showdown is gonna be really weird if they tried to incorporate them into the game. lol

Like Hidden Power is now always super 4x effective and Stealth Rock is now a secondary affect are the most bonkers.

It appears the Pokes have been done so they can be moved to other games by having happiness, abilities etc despite them not actually being used in the game.

I've seen a few leakers who have completed the game say that it is actually challenging and the last big battle is hard as fudge, fantastic news!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jowy_sw

@jump I'm still trying to ignore spoilers since I haven't decided if I'll get the game at launch or not but the last part about how some leakers say it actually has challenging aspects makes me hopeful after how easy I found SWSH. Same with the improvements over how the wild area performed in SWSH compared to the levels in Arceus. How Pokemon just popup out of nowhere in SWSH was one of my biggest complaints in the wild area since it made it feel even more empty than what it actually is (and was annoying specially when using the bike).

Although I'm scared to look for stuff like more possible QoL improvements, how the levels are or general feel of the game due to spoilers. Someone here knows when reviews will appear? I'm curious.

jowy_sw

jump

@jowe_gw The embargo seems to the Wednesday from speculation since that is when the last Poke-games embargo was lifted.

Nicolai wrote:

jowy_sw

@jump Thanks.

I have to admit that after being... Annoyed with every mainline Pokemon game since probably USUM, right now I'm actually interested about Arceus. Which is something I didn't expect to feel from a "mainline"(?) Pokemon game.
Really interested to see reviews and general opinions this week. Hoping the game ends up being something that I could enjoy.

jowy_sw

jump

@DomGC Are the speed attack stuff in the trailers? You want to chuck that in a spoiler.

I do like they are changing things up but it's not just another god awful gimmick like Dynamax. I loathed that as it forced those limited moves onto you.

Nicolai wrote:

Sisilly_G

Decidueye looks terrible, which is a shame because I love Rowlett, and Dartrix is also really cute. I wasn't too hot on its original Alolan form either, but they've only made Decidueye look worse than it already does.

I've been leaning toward Cyndaquil from the start (mainly due to my love of Gen II), though Samurott has perhaps the best-looking new form overall. In fact, I love all three starter Pokémon, but I am largely indifferent to their final evolutions.

Edited on by Sisilly_G

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

VoidofLight

2 more days.

Anti-Matter

Is there Sawk in the game ?

Anti-Matter

jump

@VoidofLight the game is out on the 28th, your maths is off.

Nicolai wrote:

VoidofLight

@jump In my timezone, it releases on the 27th at 11:00 p.m.

SViper

@jump he/she just forgot add some hours, because at January 27th 1 PM GTM/UTC+0 time: streaming, video posting, information posting and so on will be legal to do already.

Edited on by SViper

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@SViper No? The game legit releases at 11:00 p.m. Central Time on the 27th of January 2022, due to the game unlocking at Midnight in other American timezones.

BrazillianCara

Right, so I've been avoiding all news and discussion about this game, and I intend to keep it this way until I'm able to play it on probably mid-February. But I kind of want to know, in the least spoilery way possible... how is the reaction going regarding the leaked copies and footage? Are the visuals still a sticking point? Are there any obvious signs that they're playing an incomplete version and it will get a day one patch like BDSP? I can only hope it's been positive.

BrazillianCara

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic