Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,911

VoidofLight

The competitive scene usually doesn’t even use the games aside from tournaments. They mostly use online tools.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

jump

@VoidofLight and those problems were on Pokemon Showdown too...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

Didn’t tiers becoming less diverse kick off with sun and moon? I swear I remembered tons of people using teams that mostly consisted of the same species over and over.

Edited on by VoidofLight

jump

@VoidofLight Nope, the tiers were more shallow in SwSh.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Savage_Joe

I'm not a spoilerphobe and have been watching footage from the leaks these days. Thanks to the leaks, I dished out $60 for PLA. The hisuian starters OMG!!! convinced me to buy it.

Edited on by Savage_Joe

Savage_Joe

Snatcher

@Savage_Joe WHHAAAAAT!, Ok I have to get it, bad or not, just don't know when.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Screen

@jump

Don't worry, PLA fixed this by removing online battles.

BDSP has online matchmaking!

VoidofLight

I am in pain. I pre-downloaded my copy, and now it’s staring at me upon my switch screen. I don’t think I’m going to last until the 27th without going insane…

BrazillianCara

@VoidofLight Hey, it could be worse. You could have planned to buy the game digitally as usual, only to learn a couple of friends will make a trip to the USA, decide this is a great opportunity to get a physical copy (prohibitively expensive in your country), ask them to buy it for you and then have to wait until they return in mid-February.
Yeah, so I'll have a fun couple of weeks.

BrazillianCara

Snatcher

@BrazillianCara Why do I feel like this is from a personal experience?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

Leaks and JP a impressions are that the game is much better than expected, though not revolutionary (perhaps for the series, but not in general). Not a GotY contender, but when has Pokémon ever been that? It’s an incredibly popular series tens of millions of ppl love. If Pokémon is your jam, it sounds like this is easily going to be the best in the series. And if it’s not, this might be the one for you.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Screen

My opinion of the game has been souring from just watching the promotional material, from what we've seen PLA looks completly different from what we were shown.

Ralizah

As someone who has been playing since Gen1, I don't think these games have ever been "GOTY" material. I think most of the fans were just less discerning as children, which is why it seems to be primarily older fans who are perpetually butthurt about new games in this series.

@Snaplocket Can't speak for them, but the initial trailer does make it look very open worldy, which, as we all know, isn't what we're actually getting.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Screen

@Snaplocket

no open world, no online multiplayer, the only thing they showed was buggy footage and unending grind. Our first impression to the game is that you have to watch a pokemon use 50 moves to complete the game.

VoidofLight

Pokemon has never been a GOTY contender. Ever. However, this sounds like it’ll probably be one of the better games in the series from some of things my friends told me about it.

People shouldn’t really be hung up about the world not being entirely open like it is with BotW, and that there’s only really trading in terms of online multiplayer, given this seems to be purely a singleplayer experience outside of that. The monster hunter approach is probably the smartest approach they could have made to the game world, since it saves on resources, and it means that each area on the game won’t be struggling as hard to load.

As for the game being different from the trailers, it’s not really, aside from the first trailer, but I did hear that gamefreak severely under-marketed tge game, and that there’s tons of stuff they just didn’t include in trailers.

roy130390

@Screen To be fair they did mention that the game wasn't an open world as people thought. I think it's more similar in that regard to games like MH Stories 2 and the structure worked well for that game as it did allow a lot of free exloration and finding different creatures despite of the linear story and progress. They also didn't mention online at any point so personally I wasn't expecting any of that.

In my case I have been quite critical of the last games but I feel cautiously optimistic about this one. Let's hope that it isn't a disaster but from what I've seen it foes seem to offer some challenge. The gameplay looks fun and while not revolutionary it seems solid enough.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

roy130390

I honestly think that some of them were game of the year for me (3DS only) and that at least they could have been contenders and I'm not just talking about the first ones. For me, despite X and Y lacking difficulty and the same story as always the jump to 3D was great as well as the new ways of training, interactions with Pokemon and the Mega Evolutions which made many Pokemon enter the competitive scene as much more viable. Sun and Move removed the somewhat chibi style and to me, delivered the best Pokemon Story in a long time. Sure, it's kinda the same, but the characters were more enjoyable and it added the Z moves without removing mega evolutions. They also had at least somewhat of a challenge. I'd say that the 3DS era of Pokemon games was bright for me, except for Omega Ruby and Sapphire which were pasable but just remakes with added stuff of the new games.

Edited on by roy130390

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Actually, it is open world. Just not open air like BotW. There's a difference. BotW redefined Open World, while Legends has smaller open areas interconnected. If Xenoblade can market itself being open world, then so can Legends.

@roy130390 Eh, it's more akin to Rise where the areas are separated than it is to world where each separate area has a loading screen that takes you to the next.

roy130390

@DomGC Oh I see, that's a good structure too. I've been enjoying Rise a lot. As for Stories wishing that I don't know haha, I had a much more positive opinion about that game and haven't felt nowhere near as good as that game felt to me with the last Pokemon games, but hearing your positive point of view about PLA makes me have more hope.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic