Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 321 to 340 of 788

SViper

@VoidofLight my one of Pokémon YouTubers, who does almost daily news/rumors/leaks videos, showed schedule that the first broadcast of that event will happen one of the first days of January.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

@SViper Those poketubers are generally full of crap most of the time. They lie to their fans, and clickbait. I'm not taking them as a source frankly, and no one should. If you want actual news, I suggest following Serebii, since they never actually lie to people for clicks.

Currently Playing: SoulCalibur VI, Professor Layton and the curious village, SMT V.

SViper

@VoidofLight I already checking serebii multiple times per day for over a decade, plus every Pokémon fan first checks serebii for full proven news and then goes for extra entertainment afterwards. And I think I heard from other sources that schedule is posted or created by TPCI, so. Plus I mentioned multiple times in NL that I'm Pokémon fan for 18+ years and posted couple news from serebii over year/s that was worth it made a article in NL.

Edited on by SViper

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

thiz-

Something feels off. I was hyped to insanity and beyond for bdsp but couldnt care less for this one

thiz-

SViper

@thiz- wow.

thiz-

@SViper Yeah I know. I look at the trailers and I dont really feel anything. Doesnt appeal at all to me.

thiz-

Pizzamorg

Eh, it isn’t that strange. BDSP is a traditional Pokemon experience, which some people love, Legends is trying to be a bit more experimental which other people are asking for. I think both can exist and it is probably in the best interest that they don’t try and focus on exactly the same slices of one audience.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Monster Hunter GU. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.
PC games currently playing: Monster Hunter Rise. Expeditions Rome. Wolcen.

VoidofLight

@SViper Unless TPC officially confirms it, I'm going to put it in the box labeled "Fake".

Currently Playing: SoulCalibur VI, Professor Layton and the curious village, SMT V.

SViper

@VoidofLight yeah.
@thiz- actually this game more into side what most people always wanted Pokémon to be, so it's shocking less hyped for it then you were for BDSP. xD

Snatcher

This is Actually pretty interesting, so would it mean the poke balls was based off of this pokemon or it is an evolved poke ball? That last one probably isn't likely.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Pizzamorg

The most interesting thing about this is all of the little clips, look at all of those animations. I think the S/S bad animation thing is overblown a bit, but there are definitely sometimes where it is just like… how can something look this bad in a full priced console game. I hope this clip is a tease to that problem being fixed.

Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Monster Hunter GU. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg I mean, if you look in all of these trailers, there's a ton of new animations that are way higher quality than Sword and Shield.

Ralizah

It's pretty clear a lot more love and attention is being put into this than other recent Pokemon releases.

What I'm hoping to see is a dramatic improvement in the open level design. The Wild Areas in S/S were an interesting idea, but the execution was altogether terrible.

Currently Playing
Spyro the Dragon remake (PS4)

VoidofLight

They dropped a bit of Gameplay on the Japanese Nintendo youtube channel and it looks pretty good. The pokemon attacking the trainer actually seems a bit challenging. There's still pop-in from Sword and Shield, but it's not as bad this time around. Not as noticeable.

Edited on by VoidofLight

Ralizah

@VoidofLight I'm fully expecting this to be a technical mess, tbh. My expectations aren't too high in that regard.

Environments look quite a bit more detailed in that footage, but what's really going to matter is how interesting these spaces are to explore.

Currently Playing
Spyro the Dragon remake (PS4)

VoidofLight

@Ralizah Eh, It doesn't really seem much like a technical mess. Like, sure there's noticeable pop in, but it's not as jarring as previous games really. And yeah, the environments are what I'm worried about, if they're just empty space.

Octane

@VoidofLight @Ralizah That pop-in needs to be fixed. What's the point in having a large open world with vantage points if you can't see anything beyond 100 meters? SWSH was more 'top-down', even though the wild area gave you camera controls. And it already sucked in that game. If Steelix is in this game, you better be able to see it halfway across the map.

Octane

VoidofLight

@Octane I mean, the world isn't really open for one, and secondly, the draw distance isn't as bad as Sword and Shield. In the trailers, you can see pokemon from pretty far away, and in the gameplay here, you can still see NPC's from a pretty reasonable distance. It's not like Sword and Shield where you have to be right up on the characters to see them, and run into pokemon all the time because they don't pop up unless you're a few inches away from them.

-Green-

Honestly I’d say my biggest concern is with the framerate.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Pizzamorg

Yeah, I am not really sure what to expect from performance. S/S traded a crisper, more vibrant and sharp set of visuals, for some utterly woeful technical issues like the pop in and atrocious frame rates when online in the wild areas (this was somewhat improved in the DLC) which kinda killed the whole purpose of the wild area, because it was either a big empty field or a big empty field running in like 5 fps lol. Plus, an open world game where you can’t see more than 5 CMs in front of you is also sort of pointless.

Other games like BOTW, MH Rise and SMT V do show what the Switch can achieve, but I would argue they came with sacrifices elsewhere. All thosegames look much more muted, muddy and blurry than S/S. I’d genuinely argue the dynamic scaling in MH Rise makes it a genuinely ugly game at times. SMT V had some really poor performance frameratewise especially in handheld and BOTW isn’t free from technical issues, either.

If they are able to achieve what MH Rise, BOTW and SMT V did, but then condense it down into smaller hub areas, it might be the best of both worlds. Hopefully able to achieve a stable 30 fps (as I think 60 fps might be out of reach on the Switch for games like this, but a consistent 30 fps is better than something higher that drops up and down), without massively downscaling the visuals in the process.

If it is still terrible though, then yeah, there is really no excuse now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic