Forums

Topic: Pokemon Legends Arceus

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,908

Pizzamorg

Man, just caught up on the new footage for Legends that I guess dropped at the Gameawards and I just think this game looks so cool. If it actually works, the almost seamless transition between exploring and battling just sounds like such an awesome idea.

I do have a fair amount of concerns though on the assumption this doesn’t work. Firstly, in the footage, when they toss out the Pokemon after being attacked, the camera seems weirdly terrible and you can’t really see the battle at all. That kinda sucks.

Plus, while I like the idea that Pokemon can attack you directly and so you need to keep your wits about you while exploring. I can also see this being incredibly frustrating if not properly balanced. In SMT V you’re almost constantly under attack in the overworld, like you basically cannot stay still for a second. There, you don’t take any damage, and rather it is the frustration of needing to wait for a battle to load, just so you can spam escape until it lets you leave.

This looks like, at least, it won’t be an issue here as it appears to be turn based battles in a real time world, so I guess if things are going bad you can physically just run away.

However, if they can do real damage to you and you’re constantly dying on routes because you’re just constantly being attacked from all angles, then that just sounds like it’ll be utterly infuriating. I am sure some will appreciate that potential sense of danger, but for my tastes that just sounds very irritating. Just rolling around with one HP left trying to dodge attacks and get your Pokemon out their ball.

I hope they’ll let you have a Pokemon walk around with you to maybe counter balance some of this stuff.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg About pokemon attacking you, From all the other gameplay footage we have seen, there isn't many pokemon just Walking around, instead it looks like open areas were unless you get into catching distant's, or activate a fight, Only then they will attack, Plus it looks like running away will be as easy as 1,2,3,.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Pizzamorg Well, You don't have to worry about routes seeing as they don't exist here. Not to mention, Pokemon battles are seamlessly in the overworld now. There's no battle menu like SMT V, or Pokemon Sword and Shield, so escapes are also seamless in the overworld.

The footage itself isn't actually from TGA, but from a Nintendo youtube video instead.

Also, I welcome a challenge with these games. Pokemon's never been hard or remotely challenging ever since Gen 4, so this'll shake it up a bit. Having to dodge out of the way when a pokemon's attack speed is high seems like it'll be fun, and keeps the player on their toes. From the trailers it seems like the Trainers don't have HP, but pokemon attacks do end up doing some damage to the trainer, and they can black out, having to be carted back to camp, if hit a certain number of times, or hit hard enough. The only indication you really get with health is the boarders on the screen changing color.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

@Snatcher In the footage, wild pokemon seem to be walking around everywhere on the maps, and if you come across some aggressive ones, like the people playing the game did, then they'll attack you. I believe the game is going to make it out as Stealth mechanics are fairly important in order to keep going. Staying in the tall grass, out of sight, while you make your approach.

Running from pokemon doesn't seem like a very easy task either, given how in all the trailers they've shown, pokemon seem to attack at fairly fast rates. That Staravia comes bolting towards the trainer, only giving them about a second to dodge out of the way before it hit into them. Alpha pokemon seem to have really big and powerful attacks that aren't quite easy to dodge either. I don't think the game will be as hard as SMT, but I feel like it'll be pretty difficult for a game in this series.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Ya Thats true, But Like you said just how many of said pokemon are willing to just attack you?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Probably a ton, given that Shinx is willing to attack you, and Staravia. I'd say probably any pokemon that's not a baby pokemon or something that's usually described as nice towards humans, like Growlithe or Bidoof.

Snatcher

@VoidofLight Thats what I was thinking, Hmm, I hope it doesn't get to annoying.

Pizzamorg

Yeah, like I say. I know there are some crowds who demand Pokemon be harder but I honestly think it is fine where it is, maybe on the easier side but I like a frustration and friction free experience. I think if you moved the difficulty up too much from where we are, a lot of the joy would be lost. So I hope they get it right, but I am concerned a constant battering from Pokemon will just slow down progress and frustrate, technically making the game harder but not really adding anything meaningful to the experience beyond blocking smooth progress. Especially if they add in a heavy emphasis on stealth, which I always personally find immensely tedious.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg If they make the game harder in a way that it gets annoying, then I might not, really,like it,

But if its hard in a way where I actually have to think about what i'm doing, and not just put a bunch of Damaging moves and win the battle, then I'm all for it.

Octane

I think it's best if you stop comparing the gameplay directly to the main games, this is more of an action adventure game really.

Octane

SViper

@Octane it's Main Line/Core game, but it has some different mechanics in gameplay and in this case action adventure mechanics.

http://twitch.tv/TheSViper
https://www.change.org/p/anmtvla-pokemonlatam-español-latino-en-los-juegos-de-pokémon - let's help this petition for Latin American Spanish be add to Pokémon games and with that may increase chance that in future Pokémon games adds more languages. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-7289-6600-2802 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-5974-5136 | My Nintendo: SViper | Nintendo Network ID: TheSViper | Twitter:

VoidofLight

It's the main series, but it's a different sort of experience, and it seems to be giving a challenge to those who wanted one. There's a reason why there's two gen 4 "remakes" this gen, instead of one.. and why Gamefreak outsourced the actual ones to ILCA.

Pizzamorg

Hot damn that Diamond clan leader, I will definitely choose him… I mean the Diamond Clan if I must choose a faction.

VoidofLight

I really like the character designs in this game honestly. Just wish we'd get more in terms of gameplays and features, and less in terms of pokemon and characters.

Octane

Without voice acting it looks very lifeless. It's just a little awkward to look at. Not even grunts or whatever sounds. A game like this should've had VA, even if it was just for the cutscenes.

Octane

Pizzamorg

Yeah that is one disappointment I took away from that trailer too, seriously, 2022 and we’re still doing no voices and slow scrolling text instead? Please stop doing this Nintendo.

VoidofLight

I am probably the only person who actually doesn't want voice acting in Pokemon. I just know it's going to be awful, based on the anime, and based on the Demographic Gamefreak has in mind for these sorts of games. They probably wouldn't even let you switch to Japanese or turn off the Voice acting either, given that this is gamefreak we're talking about, and they won't even let you turn off EXP share.

BrazillianCara

I really think people overestimate the importance of voice acting in RPGs. "Lifeless"? Come on.
On the other hand, a little bit for more important scenes could be a decent compromise. And what little I've heard from the voice acting in New Pokémon Snap (don't own it) was fairly inoffensive.

BrazillianCara

VoidofLight

@BrazillianCara I mean, to be fair, Snap was made by Bandai, not Gamefreak. If Gamefreak had involvement in casting, I fear for the worst.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic