Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 961 to 980 of 3,089

Late

@Yorumi Yeah. I don't think they ever specified that they were talking about battle animations, did they? Maybe they have more cutscenes and stuff? I like that they've at least given the player character a bit more personality through the animations. They can emote now. I guess I'll judge their statement once the game comes out and I see what they've done... or haven't done. Though to be fair, I've probably forgotten about the whole thing by then. I don't really care all that much.

Late

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Grumblevolcano

@Late I'd guess those complaining about the animations would want Fire Emblem Echoes style animations for Pokemon. Pokemon has way too much moveset variety for that to be feasible though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I've played Pokemon and I have no idea how anyone would even begin to balance even the viable (i.e. fully evolved/ never evolve) Pokemon. So I'm not sure I find anything “laughable“...

But then I don't seem to have even half the issues I'm “supposed“ to have about this series. I'm not even really bothered by the Dex Split (I mean I'm sure I'll encounter some disappointing omissions, but updates are a thing).

Yeah, same. I guess it's a testament to how broad-reaching the games are when they can get people who who seem to prioritize very different aspects of the games and still come out as loyal fans after all these years. I feel like I'd go mad if I tried to treat Pokemon as a competitive multiplayer game, but clearly there are plenty who see it as such and want to see that aspect refined. Some people see Pokemon with similar niches as a problem, but I love it - there are different species that cover similar niches the world over, so I see it as a nice touch, further blending fantasy and reality that I've come to love so much from the franchise.

Different strokes for different folks, yet no matter what, we're all riding the same boat.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Yorumi

@Grumblevolcano the problem is that gamefreak is saying they had to cut pokemon because of all the animation work and that they were making high quality animations. All these done is literally copy/paste the files from the 3ds games. People are upset with the animations because gamefreak is unquestionably lying to the fans about it.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

Grumblevolcano

@Yorumi People were upset with the animations even before that, the cut Pokemon comment was just adding gasoline to the fire. That's pretty much what the cut Pokemon situation did, it escalated the other complaints about the franchise.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Haha, I’m a whiner myself tbh. I remember criticizing how a lot of the Pokémon models are still very static and lifeless in battle and how unappealing many of the attacks looked in S/M. Especially all those kicking attacks. They really need to stop using those ugly foot prints to signify kicking attacks.

It’s always strange how they’ve stayed the same since Gen 6 for the most part. In Let’s Go they gave them a bit of their color back and now they’ve very slightly changed the models for some of them in SwSh. I like them in Amie/Refresh though. They tend to look a lot more appealing in their.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Eel

Yeah, at least they've been getting a bit more coloful with time. I remember back in gen 6 I really disliked the dullness of those models.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yorumi

@Grumblevolcano yeah that's pretty much why this has become such a big deal. People already had complaints but accepted it. Once they started cutting things and using the animation as an excuse some people had just been pushed too far.

For me, despite my continual posting, it really isn't a big deal in my life. I'll miss it a bit but I'm just done with pokemon. I'll play the old games, and overall just move onto other games that do deliver quality. I just enjoy talking about games and what I like and don't like which is why I post so often.

Yorumi

DarthNocturnal

@CanisWolfred

It's just that many seem to insist that the boat was more awesome back in the day. Meanwhile, I feel that it's largely stayed the same in some ways, and vastly improved in others.

Although, it's not without it's leaks here and there... but then, that could go for every generation.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Grumblevolcano

@Yorumi While it doesn't affect me as the only time I've transferred Pokemon between versions has been for completing regional dex in gen 1 and 3 (e.g. transferring Red/Blue exclusives to Yellow) and getting a good team for Mt. Battle vs. 100 in Colosseum to unlock Ho-oh, I feel the Pokemon franchise would be much better if they stopped doing annual games and had expansions instead.

Each expansion which would have new areas to explore, story content, etc. could have Pokemon not in the base game (you can transfer returning Pokemon in the expansion from Bank/World without owning the expansion) and the full national dex gets built up that way.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Octane

Expansions in Pokemon aren't fun, just like how Kanto in gen 2 wasn't fun. Post game in general isn't very fun IMO

Only if they do some Mt. Battle thing, or a Battle Frontier.

Octane

Heavyarms55

@-Green- I remember being so excited because I thought Samurott would water/fighting fully evolved and since I really love that typing but and consistently disappointed by how mediocre Poliwrath is, I super bummed when it was pure water... Then with Emboar being the 3rd fire/fighting in a row... Serperior grew on me fast once it could be obtained with Contrary - such a cool ability! But even then, it's really a one trick pony...

Although Emboar can randomly learn scald, which is fun.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55 / SW 4867-2891-2493#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Octane I've liked most of the Post-game content throughout the years...

Heavyarms55

@Knuckles-Fajita I liked XY mostly. Just wasn't a fan of the bad guys because their motivations were silly and very nonsensical. I mean, by comparison Team Magma and Aqua wanting more land or more water sounds logical.

Eel

It’s pretty simple, kill everyone off and repopulate earth.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Luna_110

Yeah, post game is truly missing a battle frontier on the level of the one in Emerald. You could spend hours on that one trying to get the gold symbols, and trying new strategies when facing each frontier brain.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Anti-Matter

Morpheel wrote:

It’s pretty simple, kill everyone off and repopulate earth.

Summon Necron (FF IX final Boss) to do his best job.
Untitled

I played ACNL / ACNH for Villagers Hunting.
I will kick some butts the unwanted villagers from my island.
My island is only for Top 10 villagers.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

andrew20

I think they need to take a break right now and delay it maybe to 2020 or 2021 to make it better

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Yorumi

@Grumblevolcano I agree. Pokémon should really be one game, well technically two, per console gen. I would love to see them build in a lot of fun features especially for endgame. A lot of the things that get removed every gen should instead be expanded upon.

Secret bases or the like would add a neat life sim element. It would give new collectibles to hunt for. Be cool for event items too. Like hey this month is the Halloween battle only scary Pokémon allowed. All participants get a jack-o-lantern as a reward. Beyond that photography would be fun. Grade photos snap style and allow us to share them. All of that would add cool variety to Pokémon and endgame without it all being about battle frontier style stuff.

Yorumi

DarthNocturnal

I wish for the return of the greatest timesink ever.

Sinnoh Underground (without the Sinnoh part, obviously... unless a full DPPt remake happens).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic