Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 941 to 960 of 3,072

Anti-Matter

@Harmonie
People were hypnotized by "Corgi's Butt Dance" Yamper. 🤣

Anti-Matter

MsJubilee

What a good looking Switch, makes me want to put my hate for GameFreak away and just go buy one.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Anti-Matter

I found a video comparison between Pokemon Sword / Shield and Dragon Quest XI S.

My opinion, Dragon Quest XI S did better.

Anti-Matter

Eel

It’s kinda clickbaity to put one game in an unfavorable weather condition and the other one in beautiful sunny weather in the thumbnail.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Heavyarms55

Don't care. Gonna buy and enjoy both games regardless. Both DQ and Pokemon.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

iKhan

I'll admit, I'm kind of still excited for Sword and Shield.

But for the first time, the fanbase is finally gathering to call out TPC and Gamefreak for the Pokemon games feeling like soulless cash grabs, so I can hold off a bit to help send a message.

And if it all doesn't work, I'll just play the follow-up gen 8 games that inevitably have more features

Speaking of TPC, I feel like people are putting way too much of the blame on Game Freak and not TPC. I don't blame Game Freak for there only having a year or two allowed to develop a Pokemon game. I don't blame Game Freak for wanting to diversify their profile to something where they don't feel obligated to rush to release an entry yearly without ever being able to delay. TPC has resigned to innovating outside of the main series, because they need to keep the train chugging, and honestly, they haven't even innovated in a spinoff since Pokemon Go.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

TPC has resigned to innovating outside of the main series, because they need to keep the train chugging, and honestly, they haven't even innovated in a spinoff since Pokemon Go.

You make it sound like Magikarp Jump wasn't the height of Pokémon gaming.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sinister

The more i read and think about the National Dex the less i care about the subject. The only thing that bothers me is GFs reasoning. The game looks good enough for me and them reusing models and anination is something i don't mind.
This whole controversy actually made me interested in Pokemon again. Just finished my first play through of White and i picked up a version of White 2 from eBay. And from playing White i realised that i just don't care about the National Dex. I usually catch 10 - 20 Pokemon plus legends in any given version.
Sucks for those that care obviously.

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

Harmonie

@Anti-Matter And it's funny because from my playing for a little while of Dragon Quest XI on the PS4 did not leave me impressed with it visually at all (we won't even get started on the OST, which is so poor that I put the game down in hopes of waiting for the Switch version with the drastically improved OST).

I'd never played the DQ series before, so didn't really know what to expect. However, everything about it feels super conservative (gameplay-wise, too) and doesn't really impress me much, kind of in a similar way to Pokemon. TBH, DQXI's presentation is honestly what I would expect from a Pokemon Switch game, so the fact that Sword/Shield doesn't even live up to it is kind of sad.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

BruceCM

Waiting for Switch version of DQXI myself, @Harmonie ... But earlier games did take awhile to get going I'm shocked the music wasn't good, though! Maybe it's just not your kind of game

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Harmonie

@BruceCM I don't want to take this off-topic, but the problem with the original release of DQXI and its OST is that not only is it MIDI, but it doesn't even sound like modern soundfonts, it sounds like the same soundfonts that were used in like SNES-era games. I suppose that would be okay, since there are a lot of great OSTs from that time (like ALTTP) but with DQXI it just doesn't work. The music is very prominent, very in your face, and with the use of those ancient soundfonts, it is as tacky as can be.

I bought DQXI on sale on the PS4 because I didn't think that there would be anything worth waiting to pay full price for the Switch version many months later. Turns out I was wrong. I still want to play the game, but the OST is just so jarring that I'd rather just buy it again on the Switch with the orchestral OST.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Ralizah

If the two big S-E JRPG franchises were brothers, FF would be the formerly straight-A student who got hooked on drugs and now lives in a stoner commune finger-painting all day. The family likes to look at old photographs and reminisce about the good old days. He can be fun to be around, but he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life, and he's very undependable. People also have to keep telling him that he can't just wrap a bunch of belts around his chest in lieu of an actual shirt, but he keeps doing it anyway.

DQ would be the straight-laced responsible brother who worked summer jobs during college to pay off his debt, found practical employment that made use of his degree, and automatically funnels a portion of his income to a savings account for his retirement. While not terribly creative or spontaneous, you can absolutely count on him to be there when you need him and to look good in the process.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @Harmonie ... What I've seen & heard of it in trailers for Switch looks & sounds great

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Eel

DQ visits his grandparents every week and makes sure they're ok.

FF visits his grandparents every other month to talk about this great business plan he has, and asks for money.

We all know the money is spent on leather belts and hydrogen peroxide, but Gran Gran is just so proud and happy to see her special boy.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

@Morpheel

This is a weird metaphor.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

And we haven't even talked about cousin Chrono.

Poor guy just tells the same stories about his glory days on every family reunion.

Bloop.

Venus_Adept

Morpheel wrote:

And we haven't even talked about cousin Chrono.

Poor guy just tells the same stories about his glory days on every family reunion.

A funny, but sad true.

Venus_Adept

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic