Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 3,072

msm2000

Anybody able to trade me the following: vullaby, larvitar, sableye and croagunk.
Please and thank you.

Switch friend code: SW-5266-7567-4694

Araquanid

@Pichuka97 Is it possible? Yes

But the odds are 1/32 for a stat to be 31 IVs, so you'd need to roll that in 2-3 stats at once, in which case getting a full odds shiny in gen 3 would be more likely, even with the 3 guaranteed IVs.

Just hyper train or use nature mints, not worth doing it this way.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Manah

For anything you don't intend to pass on through breeding, farming BP for bottle caps/mints is a WAY more efficient use of your time.

Octane

@Araquanid Is it though? I know the fossils have always at least three perfect IVs. Haven't checked the doggo yet, but I assume the legendaries are similar.

Also, for a 1/31 chance, I'm awfully lucky, because a lot of my Pokemon have at least one or two perfect IVs. Are the odds really that small?

Octane

Araquanid

@Octane Yea, ever since gen 7 gifts and legendaries have been guaranteed 3 or more IVs (i think some in USUM were guaranteed 4 but unsure). Fossils are guaranteed three (currently in the 2000s on my shiny dracozolt hunt) but i don't think that used to be the case in gen 7.

1/32 because 0 is also an IV (so rather than 1-31 its 0-31 which is more like 1/32). Its common to occasionally find a 1-2 IV mon randomly from playthrough, since you can roll 1/32 aprox 12 times while completing the dex alone, not counting dublicates, rolling for 2 is pretty lucky but not ultra hard. Raids and gold aura mons also have guaranteed IVs which helps as well.

Rolling for a perfect 6 IV is 1/(32)^6,
which is a 1/1,073,741,824‬ chance
Rolling for 3 is 1/536,870,912 (this is your odds of getting that perfect zacian @Pichuka97 )
Rolling for 2 is only 1/1,024 (this isn't the odds if you're going for 31/31/31/x/31/31, because another factor is which slots are even chosen to be perfect IVs, so its much higher in the 5 IV zacian case.)
and of course only 1 is 1/32.

That's not including factors such as nature, shiny, gender, and ability. Of course breeding increases these odds significantly, but speaking primarily on gifts/wild encounters/stationary pokemon.

This is why Pkhex and powersaves is a thing for competitive players looking for hidden powers (gone rip) and competitively viable legendaries in general, but everyone looks at them as evil anyway. Thankfully hyper training helps casual players with this, and now nature mints, but pre-swsh we didn't have the ability to fix natures, or apply special hidden power spreads which made grinding these odds, especially before a big tournament, flat out impossible.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Pichuka97

Thanks for all the input, guys. Every generation, I attempt to get into EVs and IVs and then I lose interest. And here we are again Thanks for the advice

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

iKhan

Has anyone else had the experience where most people who aren't super familiar with the series aren't aware of the "Set" option in all Pokemon games? I feel like a lot of people will complain about difficulty while still playing on "switch" mode, which IMO, completely trivializes the fundamental challenge of Pokemon's gameplay.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Ralizah

@iKhan The set option doesn't really make it difficult, though. Just tedious, because you have to factor in an extra turn while you switch your Pokemon.

What would address the difficulty is changing how much damage critical hits inflict, changing enemy trainer UI, balancing the XP you receive to make it difficult to overlevel your Pokemon without actually grinding, etc.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

iKhan

@Ralizah It's possible that it only makes the game harder if you are playing permadeath like I do, but when you have to switch into an attack, it makes it much more difficult to necessarily sub in a pokemon with a proper type advantage. It forces you to build a team with balanced type matchups and defensive stats so that you don't risk losing a pokemon on switch-in.

To be clear, I'm specifically referring to having to the setting when you are fighting a boss of some sort. I agree it can be a bit tedious when you are just in the field.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

@iKhan I do find it weird that they're telling you what Pokemon they're about to use. Why? Why reveal your biggest advantage? If they just didn't tell you that, or gave you the option to switch Pokemon because they reveal their next one, that would make more sense I think.

Octane

Eel

I guess it's just like in the anime where they shout the name of their Pokemon, and you simply decide to switch Pokemon at the same time.

"Go Lucar-"
"CHARIZARD I CHOOSE YOU"

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

Without any reasons, it's really not newsworthy. It's just speculation at this point.

Octane

iKhan

Right it could just be an error

Bolt_Strike

@iKhan Again, the story is two weeks old and they still haven't added them back. If this was an error, it would've been corrected by now. Whatever's going on seems to be very much intentional.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Bolt_Strike It's probably just that they decided Creatures isn't big enough to be considered a 'major' business partner. I mean, they don't really work much together anymore anyways, outside of providing the new models for upcoming games (which doesn't take that much time), they basically are solely focused on the TCG these days.

link3710

Bolt_Strike

@link3710 They're both shareholders in the biggest media brand in the world. How does that not qualify as a "major" business partner?

I think what's going on here is that Nintendo has acquired Creatures' share of TPC, maybe even bought out Creatures altogether. Despite how much money SwSh made, Nintendo cannot be happy with how the game has turned out and probably wants more control over the IP now to ensure the games are higher quality. Game Freak and Creatures don't seem to be particularly interested in making full AAA console games, so Nintendo is going to need to make a move to gain majority control to do anything about it. I didn't think they had the means to do so, but this might be evidence they're actually doing it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Bolt_Strike I can't imagine how they'd have obtained the share without buying out Creatures (Is it bad I still think of them as Ape Inc after all these years?). Though, that would mean Nintendo's now in charge of the TCG which is way outside of their normal comfort zone... I'm gonna assume that even if they did buy Creatures, they'll continue to operate more or less independently outside of their part in the games.

Anyways, as for how they'd do it, it's pretty easy to assume the only reason it would have taken so long is if they had to actually convince whoever owns the other percentages of Creatures to sell out. Do we even know who else owned Creatures?

link3710

Bolt_Strike

@link3710 It's not entirely crazy for Nintendo to take over the TCG. Two things to keep in mind:

1. Nintendo considers itself a toy company and started out producing hanafuda cards.
2. Nintendo is currently looking at new ways to leverage its brands.

It's a little different from what they've done recently being a video game focused company now, but they seem to be entirely okay with that. So I don't think they'll have much of a problem with overseeing the TCG and may even see it as an opportunity to draw in people to its games through new markets (or in otherwords, Nintendo's going to be Nintendo). Amiibo compatible TCG in the games anyone?

Bolt_Strike

link3710

@Bolt_Strike oh agreed. Heck, they've done multiple trading cards themselves over the years (Amiibo, E-reader notably). I just don't think they'll want to mess with one of the steadiest and most successful TCGs in the business.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic