Forums

Topic: NieR:Automata The End of YoRHa Edition

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

jump

@Cia Erm...have you seen who your user name and profile pic is based on? ;p

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Truegamer79

Well i just got the game in my mailbox today! I was gonna play replicant first but i was afraid it wouldn't be the best introduction to the series and I'd get bored so heck with it ill just play automata. Maybe later I'll go back and try replicant.

Truegamer79

Truegamer79

Okay this is weird. I just started up the game and went to create my save file and apparently my name is a prohibited word WTF? Since when was Jason offensive?

Truegamer79

Cia

@jump
I know but Cia's clothing does not reveal a naked ass. It's sexy, yeah, but at least those parts are covered.

In nier automata the camera is usually behind the player. If you adjust looking just slightly up, the ass is visible.

That's why I removed auto adjust and mostly play the game with the camera being slightly above 2b. OR using the dlc outfit.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

Gamer83

Just rolled the credits on Ending A, and thoroughly enjoyed what I played. Definitely looking forward to the next playthroughs it'll take to get the real ending or endings or whatever it is.

Gamer83

JaxonH

@Gamer83
How close am I to the end? I just made it to a floating city on water that comes after the forest.

I'm so hooked I ordered a 2B figure to display, which I rarely do, only for games I fall in love with (so far only statues on display are from Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Metroid, Zelda and Persona 4).

I definitely want to do additional playthroughs but with Mario Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Persona 5 Royal and Bayonetta 3 at the door, the plan is to at least get through the first playthrough, then come back next year after the onslaught to play the rest.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Gamer83

@JaxonH
Like @Eagly posted, you're almost to the end. Although, technically, seems like it's really just the beginning.

Gamer83

JaxonH

I completed the game for the first route. What a fantastic game! And a very nice Switch version. It looked sharp, played smooth and the HD rumble helped to really set it off.

Started my 2nd route and made it through the tutorial, and down to the resistance camp, then saved and suspended. I'm really liking this 2nd route and how it parallels the first.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

I've just started playing with the costumes. Putting a sheet over the floating gun thingy so it looks like a cheap ghost is brilliant!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

Beware dying. It's like Dark Souls or Shovel Knight. You lose all your equipped chips, and can only recover by looting your dead body. If you die before recovering them, they're gone forever.

Near the end of the game I died unexpectedly by something that came out of nowhere and crushed me. Saw all my chips were gone and freaked out. Luckily it doesn't overwrite your last save after dying so you can reload and try again. And that's why it's good to save frequently.

JaxonH

@Eagly
Lol ya so did I. Very early game. I was not ready for the fury of that elk.

Edited on by JaxonH

km_cdn

I've been playing the game for a couple of hours now. It's quite enjoyable, and I'm having a lot of fun. I find the combat easier to pick up than Astral Chain.

One thing I am struggling with is reliably sprinting/running. I'm using a Pro Controller, and I cannot easily sprint. I do a double tap and hold on left stick. I'm 50/50 for if I start running. Does anyone have any tips for reliably running? It doesn't look like there's a push to run like a lot of games have.

km_cdn

km_cdn

@Eagly Well, I suppose that is one way to do it. Ideally, I'd be able to sprint easily. I wasn't sure if anyone else was having issues with the double tap to run.

km_cdn

JaxonH

@km_cdn
Set custom controls to

ZL = Evade/Run
ZR = Shoot
R = Lock On
R3 = Reset Camera

Then running is easy, just tap ZL once. You'll dash which turns into a run. Once running for a few seconds you automatically start hyper-running.

km_cdn

@JaxonH Thank you! I had no idea that Evade also triggered a run. Fantastic!

km_cdn

JaxonH

@km_cdn
Oh, sure, no problem 😊

Gameplay_Matters

Damn, I have a game-breaking bug! Whenever I defeat this one boss (no spoilers, but I'm at lvl 29), seems to be a major point in the story line... the screen goes black. No loading screen, no error message, just black. I waited for 10mins, nothing happens. I can go back to the Switch home screen and jump back to the game (black screen) no problem. But the game will not progress.

That is a huge bummer! I'm actually angry and I had to defeat the boss several times, which takes quite some time too, still I can't advance. That's an early end for the game before the credits.

Anybody still thinking about buying this game, it's a big NO from me!

Gameplay_Matters

JaxonH

@Switchcraft
It's not game breaking.

I had the exact same thing happen, but in that big room with stairs circling around and the long flying worm looking enemy.

I just closed and reloaded my save. It was gone.

patpiz

@Switchcraft Same here, black screen after a long boss fight in the sea. Happened already once while I was trying to travel from one location to another. I really do not look forward to fighting the boss again, so frustrating!

EDIT: The Switch just got its update version 15.0.1. I wonder if downloading the update messed up with the game execution in some way.

Edited on by patpiz

patpiz

Gameplay_Matters

JaxonH wrote:

@Switchcraft
It's not game breaking.

You are right. It worked on the third time. It then happened again after another boss.

But this time it went just too far. I was just traversing quickly and I noticed it got quite choppy and suddenly all movement froze and it appeared a message "loading map...". The game never recovered.

This is quite terrible! I had to replay 2 hours already due to the loading bug. I'm a casual player, I play 2 hours total in a week.

Reviews can't be trusted anymore, I don't believe there wasn't a single reviewer that did not have these issues. I don't have time for this game, I'm very upset.

Gameplay_Matters

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic