Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 461 to 480 of 627

jump

@LatsaSpege Mipha is one of my favorites to play as, she's quick and fast. I find Revali to be the worst character to play as myself, his attacks are weak and his aerial moves are fidgety.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LzWinky

LatsaSpege wrote:

You know Mipha? Yeah she SUCKS.
See, there is this one mission named Invading Terrors that is required to save Terrako And it is driving me insane. You HAVE to play mipha and destroy a lot a of guardians. Sounds like great fun! But the catch is that YOU ONLY HAVE 10 MINUTES TO DESTROY 17 GUARDIANS! That is so short for destroying 17 guardians that have great defense. Does not help how Mipha is not that fun to play!

I literally turned on easy mode, ate a 10+ attack food, and got all of Mipha's upgrades and STILL Could not beat it.

Mipha needs her water spouts everywhere to be effective. Spam ZR

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

Yeah Mipha is really good, and with her water spouts she's also super quick. (It's worth mentioning that any lasting source of water generated by her moveset can be used as a warping point).

I guess the solution is to "git gud."

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cynas

@LatsaSpege Make sure your magic wands are stocked up on before the fights start and use them to your advantage based on the element of the enemy you're fighting. There are also some upgrades you can find which increases the amount of charges your wands can hold. I do agree it's one of the harder missions because of the strict time limit, but just gear up Mipha well and have her a bit above the recommended level, then you should be good to go.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

@Cynas Yeah, I am over 10 levels over the recommended. But thanks for the tips!

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

Grumblevolcano

@LatsaSpege A big piece of advice not mentioned yet is that terrain and weather are factors regarding magic wands effectiveness.

• Rain - Electric rod is super effective against any non-electric enemy
  • Water on ground - Electric rod is super effective against any non-electric enemy, ice rod is super effective against any non-ice enemy
  • Grass - Fire rod is super effective against any non-fire enemy.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

@Grumblevolcano Okay, thanks! The mission I am talking about is Very Rainy so that will help a ton! I guess I have to stalk up on them Electric rods!

@LzWinky I will SMASH THAT ZR BUTTON ON MY JOY-CON!

@Eel Thanks! I now know what the quickest way to traverse land which saves a lot of time.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

jump

Cynas wrote:

@LatsaSpege Make sure your magic wands are stocked up on before the fights start and use them to your advantage based on the element of the enemy you're fighting. There are also some upgrades you can find which increases the amount of charges your wands can hold. I do agree it's one of the harder missions because of the strict time limit, but just gear up Mipha well and have her a bit above the recommended level, then you should be good to go.

I will add to that and say don't waste time on the smaller Guardians. They will follow you around as you pass them and you can take them out as you fight the big ones to save time.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Eel

If you have a second person that can chime in, I've also found out by playing with my brother that you can open the rod/rune menu and that will slow down the monster, but not the other player. That can give them an extra second or two to break the weakness gauge o avoid a hit.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SKTTR

jump wrote:

@LatsaSpege Mipha is one of my favorites to play as, she's quick and fast. I find Revali to be the worst character to play as myself, his attacks are weak and his aerial moves are fidgety.

Same here, Mipha is my main. I'm all for quick characters and her combos are fast, and she's easy to play without any gimmicky stuff like Revali and Teba.
The game made my least favourite characters the ones I play most, because my favourite characters are all slow or weird. Riju+Patrizia is just janky as heck.

I will never use the Great Fairy as a cpu controlled character anymore, she's so damn huge and you can't pass her in the hallways. She's only good for wide open areas.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

The great fairies are really fun to play as. They have an infinite projectile you can spam with just a little bit of set up, and their combo where they suck in enemies will instantly fill up most of their special gauge (assuming you use it surrounded by minor enemies) and stop bigger enemies.

So they can be very overwhelming 😀

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LzWinky

Eel wrote:

The great fairies are really fun to play as. They have an infinite projectile you can spam with just a little bit of set up, and their combo where they suck in enemies will instantly fill up most of their special gauge (assuming you use it surrounded by minor enemies) and stop bigger enemies.

So they can be very overwhelming 😀

Fun, yes, but horribly impractical. They’re big, slow, and can’t even fit in some places.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

It can be hard to find the right spot, but I've noticed they can shrink to fit into small places.

But yeah the main difficulty in using them is their size makes them a very big and easy target. So enemies can just one-two combo you and suddenly you're nearly dead.

Bloop.

roy130390

Many characters that people find weak or weird like the fairies are actually deadly. Most characters are quite functional in this game, and take time to master since they are quite unique but once you know their moveset they become quite effective. One recommendation: cancel the automatic stasis attacks and do the combos yourselves, at least with most characters that have it since they do way more damage that way.

Also, Mipha is amazing. One of the best and easy to use for most people.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

JackCGUK

Hi, I’ve been playing Age of Calamity for a few days and got to Chapter 3 but when I returned to it today Links Quick Fire Arrows in ZR have disappeared and the button X that did extra strong attacks now feeds him instead..... can someone help me with what happened? Was there some update that screwed it all up? I just can’t fathom it.
Yesterday we had a quick go on two player so I tried going into two player again to see if it would fix my problem but it didn’t. Any ideas?

Also my third party remote control I sometimes use for two player mode won’t stop continuously rumbling in this game which is weird, it’s fine on every other game?!
Thanks, any help would be much appreciated.

Everything not saved will be lost.
~ Nintendo Wisdom

Cynas

@JackCGUK Sounds like you switched from using a 1 handed weapon to using a 2 handed weapon. Link has 3 different weapon types: 1 handed, 2 handed, and spears. Each one has a different ZR move and attack combos. If I remember correctly, with 2 handed weapons link can use ZR during his combos to unleash powerful moves which costs temporary HP, and I think X restores that temporary HP lost when he eats the food.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

JackCGUK

@Cynas thanks for that info. Will try switching to a one handed weapon later.

Everything not saved will be lost.
~ Nintendo Wisdom

rallydefault

Hey guys! I finally got to start playing this yesterday, and I'm having a great time. Was just wondering if someone could give me a quick synopsis on the weapon fusing. Should I pretty much just take my highest level weapon and keep fusing everything else I get into it? Is there a reason to sell a weapon instead of just fusing it (I did see some weapons have an ability for higher resell value, so maybe not those)?

rallydefault

jump

@rallydefault it’s costs rupees to do so I just saved it for later on in the game when the better weapons and attributes are available. Also remember it takes the attribute of the first weapon selected incase you accidentally lose the one you wanted.

Nicolai wrote:

rallydefault

@jump
Ok, so basically don't worry too much about it until later in the game with better weapons? I also don't quite understand how you can carry over abilities. Like, I have the base item, but sometimes when I fuse a weapon that clearly has an ability, the ability doesn't fuse over. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm probably just overlooking some basic logic, but I feel like they could have done a bit more in-game to explain this lol

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic