Posts 441 to 460 of 550

Eel

Did I ask you to stop?

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

dionysos283

Hey guys, I just started to game fresh and found some Koroks in the first level. How do I know how many I'm still missing in the level. I know there is a way, but I'm not seeing it. Will it unlock later? Thanks!

dionysos283

status-204

The story being 100% time-travel, alternate universe gobbledygook was apparent from the opening cinematic to the demo. What’s spoiler about this? And just to be clear I haven't read anything about the story nor played the full game. The demo just disappointed me on every level, "story" including.

Edited on by status-204

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

BruceCM

OK, so tell us how it isn't a 'pre-quel', @-Juice- .... ? Just use spoiler tags for it, thanks!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

jump

@BruceCM It has already been mentioned in the thread how, the game goes into an alternative timeline as there's time travel involved rather than it being the exact events that led up to BOTW. Think like the Chris Pine Star Trek films which are prequels to Star Trek but then doesn't connect with the tv show or like how The Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie is meant to be the origin of The Joker but doesn't fit in with any Batman movie or comic.

I've seen a few reviews (but not read them) that the third act of the game's story is maddening. I look forward to finding out and then complaining about it at length. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

Oh, OK, @jump .... I was hoping someone could tell me exactly how the alternate timeline does go but it certainly won't put me off playing as soon as my game actually arrives!

SW-4357-9287-0699

jump

@BruceCM Well if you really want to know...apparently it turns out the only way Zelda could keep Ganon trapped in the castle was for her to marry him so the 100 year battle between them in BOTW was more like a bad American sitcom with the wife keeping him down with nagging and strikes with a frying pan.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Reprise

Reprise wrote:

I'm in the UK and didn't get mine either. It is on the way though and hopefully will come tomorrow. I checked on Twitter and lots of people in the same boat. Seems shipments were late. Although my be an issue specific to that particular retailer I used.

Aaaaand I'm still not getting my copy today, as, despite living 35 minutes away from where it dispatched, the tracking seems to indicate it has been sent a few hundred miles away from me to London, for god knows what reason. Yay...

Reprise

status-204

@faint Yes because from all the scenes we've seen in BotW, the time-travelling mini-guardian isn't there. So the story here, where it plays a central role from the get-go, simply isn't related to the one in BotW. It's a spin-off story, an alternate timeline. But don't take my word for it, go read up on it or find out for yourself.

Switch FC: SW-4802-1501-8621

BruceCM

That sounds awesome, @jump .... They should get you to write the next one!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Mountain_Man

status-204 wrote:

The demo just disappointed me on every level, "story" including.

It's the performance that did it for me, and normally I'm not a frame rate , but the stuttery gameplay of Age of Calamity made it less enjoyable for me.

Edited on by Eel

The Mountain Man

jump

@Mountain_Man the frame rate is fixed in the actual game, I’ve had no problems so far.

Nicolai wrote:

Mountain_Man

jump wrote:

@Mountain_Man the frame rate is fixed in the actual game, I’ve had no problems so far.

What do you mean by "fixed"? As in a locked 30FPS throughout?

The Mountain Man

jump

@Mountain_Man Yep, whilst I haven't counted the exact frames per second it's stable now and much better than the demo.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

theJGG

[No spoilers] I binged this game for two days straight, and after eighteen hours of playing, I find the game's combat very meaty, and delectable beyond compare. There's a ton to do on the map, and the music is thrilling. I just started Chapter 5.

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Inception, Spirited Away, Theory of Everything.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

faint

@status-204 oh, I know all of that. I don’t understand how the story can be bad if you’ve taken in less than 5% of it.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

BruceCM

Eh, I'll finish the game before deciding how good the story is .... So far, it's great, so that's promising

SW-4357-9287-0699

jump

I’m about 5/6 hours in now and this game really reminds me of when I was a kid and trying to play with my Batman and Spider-Man action figures at the same time. You’re having fun but it’s not as seamlessly as it should be as the toys are not to the same exact proportions to each other. The levels don’t feel as good for gameplay as the ones in Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors did.

Nicolai wrote:

Bolt_Strike

I played the demo and didn't really enjoy it, so not getting the game, but I was interested in the story so I watched a video of all of the cutscenes.

Total shocker that the game ended with more timey wimey nonsense. So the timeline is splintered yet again. Is it even worth keeping track of the timeline at this point?

It was cool seeing the Champions team up with their successors though.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic