Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Posts 481 to 500 of 553

theJGG

@Ryu_Niiyama You could say it "killed you to death". Adding that guy into the mix was an ultimate power move.

Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation!
Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Inception, Spirited Away, Theory of Everything.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Wow, so, apparently, it's already the best-selling Warriors game of all time ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Dezzy

Those sales numbers were pretty shocking actually. It was obviously gonna do well, just based on its relationship to BotW, but this is way better than I thought.

Being the only real "holiday game" certainly gives a sales bump too!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

scoobdoo

Dezzy wrote:

Those sales numbers were pretty shocking actually. It was obviously gonna do well, just based on its relationship to BotW, but this is way better than I thought.

Being the only real "holiday game" certainly gives a sales bump too!

It’s being bought because of the Zelda connection and there’s literally nothing else on Switch. Average game that devolves into slideshow mode all too often.

Edited on by scoobdoo

FC: SW-3470-2213-1835

Grumblevolcano

I think I've nearly completed this game judging by the plot so far and the completion percentages per region are generally around 90%. It's been a fun game though I'm rather disappointed at the lack of content compared to Hyrule Warriors (all versions) and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Yeah there is a noticeable lack of post game content, even stuff like skill trees seem lacking compared to the other Nintendo Warriors game as well as DLC which has not been announced which surprising.

Overall I prefer the first Hyrule Warriors tbh, it had more depth, more variety and the gameplay felt more satisfying.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Cynas

I think the amount of content is pretty comparable to Hyrule Warriors when it first came out on Wii U. I'm pretty sure it only had the one adventure mode map when it first came out, which had 128 stages, and AoC seems to have a bit more side stages than that. Character upgrades are still there, just not in the form of skill trees anymore, and they decided to make many of the boring upgrades (like damage resistance, number of healing items, item bonuses) apply to all characters rather than having to upgrade them for each individual character. Maybe it seems like less since it's all integrated into one area and you'll typically do some side stages while completing the story. The story itself is a bit longer too, I think Hyrule Warriors had 18 stages when it first came out, and this game has 20 (plus the blood moon variants if you want to count those).

I do miss the interactivity of the adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors. I enjoyed collecting the items to unlock things on the map. AoC is definitely more streamlined in that regard.

I'm sure we'll see some kind of DLC in the future. They could at the very least have a "master mode" BoTW map with new challenges. It would be cool to see new content presented in different ways too, though.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Eel

Wanna hear something funny?

My preorder for this game has been in the next town over for a full week now. DHL hasn't attempted to deliver it even once all week long.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get it before Christmas! 😀

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

It's a shame the Korok Mask didn't return from BotW. Completing a quest that gives you the Korok Mask and has all the Korok seeds show up on the maps would be much better than go use some internet guide to get the ones you can't find.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JustMe

@Grumblevolcano there's a task that adds chest locations to the map, nothing like that for the koroks?

JustMe

Grumblevolcano

@JustMe No, there isn't an equivalent.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Atomic77

Age of Calamity is a great game. its supposed to be what happend before Breath of the Wild. I never played the original Hyrule Warriors but this game is so awesome.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch Lite Gamer

jump

God dam controlling the Zords is dull and they don't even come together to form a super Zord! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Raylax

Cynas wrote:

I think the amount of content is pretty comparable to Hyrule Warriors when it first came out on Wii U. I'm pretty sure it only had the one adventure mode map when it first came out, which had 128 stages, and AoC seems to have a bit more side stages than that. Character upgrades are still there, just not in the form of skill trees anymore, and they decided to make many of the boring upgrades (like damage resistance, number of healing items, item bonuses) apply to all characters rather than having to upgrade them for each individual character. Maybe it seems like less since it's all integrated into one area and you'll typically do some side stages while completing the story. The story itself is a bit longer too, I think Hyrule Warriors had 18 stages when it first came out, and this game has 20 (plus the blood moon variants if you want to count those).

I do miss the interactivity of the adventure maps from Hyrule Warriors. I enjoyed collecting the items to unlock things on the map. AoC is definitely more streamlined in that regard.

I'm sure we'll see some kind of DLC in the future. They could at the very least have a "master mode" BoTW map with new challenges. It would be cool to see new content presented in different ways too, though.

Yeah there's more content that the original Wii U Hyrule Warriors - a couple more characters (even including when they patched Cia, Volga & Wizzro in post-launch), a few more missions and a more substantial story campaign.

What there's significantly less of is grind - materials are much more readily available, there's never any sudden wild level spikes in missions (looking at you, Agitha's Lv3 weapon mission that required my maybe-Lv40 Agitha to suddenly be Lv80+ to stand a chance), and you're never forced to replay missions for utterly arbitrary gold-skulltula-flavoured reasons.

Most of the side missions are much shorter than OG Hyrule Warriors' 15-20 minute campaigns but honestly I prefer that. And besides, if I want those styles of mission, HWDE is still right there. I'm still miles off 100%ing that one.

The Divine Beast battles are a little dry, but honestly they don't crop up nearly often enough to outstay their welcome. They're just a bit of daft cathartism that appear very occasionally.

Total 100% play time comes in somewhat comparable to OG Hyrule Warriors (it was 67 hours for me), and asides mopping up koroks and treasures I only ever needed to actually replay missions for materials like... 4 times maybe? And they were short missions. It's definitely extremely well balanced.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Dezzy

So did they fix the frame rate issues then?

I was waiting for a Digital Foundry video but it hasn't come....

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@Dezzy Yeah the frame rate is fine now, it's still a little choppy in co-op mode though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Cynas

There's definitely a noticeable difference since the demo, the frame rate has improved. There are still some cases in solo play where it'll dip down when a lot of animations are happening on the screen at once, especially in certain maps. For the most part it's pretty fine, though, except for co-op like jump said.

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

rjejr

@Grumblevolcano "I'm rather disappointed at the lack of content compared to Hyrule Warriors"

I'm only about 5 hour sin but this game feels like 1/3 of the first game - less weapons, area, playable characters, enemies, maps, etc, pretty much everything is less.

If I hadn't played the first game I wouldn't know, but I did, and this is basically a $20 DLC for the first game. Hopefully like Pokemon they arne't saving half the game for a $30 season pass. But they probably are.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Eel

(this game has more characters than the original HW at launch)

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It's a shame the Korok Mask didn't return from BotW.

I'll laugh really hard if its DLC.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic