Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 4,706

Joeynator3000

I don't see these games going fully open world, if anything a spin off maybe...If the main games do go open world, then...RIP MH for me...the large maps in World were one of the reasons I didn't like that game. Hoarfrost was even worse, especially with my first experience with Banbaro. (however you spell its name, lol)

It's why I liked Rise more, it still had that open world-ish thing going, but the maps were smaller and more straightforward. Most of World's maps were too largee and overly complicated, even with the map...I can't tell you how many times I've gotten lost in that stupid tree in the Ancient Forest...or the Coral Highlands in general...At least Wildspire Wastes felt more like a classic map somewhat, it ended up being my favorite map. The Vale was also okay since it was just a downward spiral, though that stupid virus thing kinda ruins it. (I miss the Frenzy, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

VoidofLight

@Grumblevolcano Except, Monster Hunter wouldn't work as an open world game. The gameplay is meant for short-burst quests, and the world design compliments that. They'd have to basically change the core of the game to make it "Open world".

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Joeynator3000

I dunno, I think Rise maps are smaller, World maps had way more verticality. Rise maps basically only had 2 "floors"...levels...whatever. I'm going to guess the Citadel will be like Hoarfrost where it'll be the largest map in the game...hard to say, but it feels like it. But the Rise maps in general do feel smaller than the ones in World.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

Would quick quest even be possible anymore if this game when't open world? One thing I have to do with all open world game is get ready to sink in time, because you need to walk place to place, and you might run into something you like, and get sidetracked.

BOTW makes me prepare before playing, elden, Pokemon legends, pretty much any open world game where I do indeed need to sink time into it I do this, now wile not everyone does this im sure, I'm pretty sure MH's quick get on and get of playstyle wouldn't work anymore.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

I’m very much alive!

Current obsession: Persona 3 reload.

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I don't think 2 games going open world suggests every game will. Context is key.

Those games had linear design previously, and explored an open world design. That makes sense. It may or may not work out (I'd argue it did in both cases), but it makes sense to try.

For MH, it just doesn't make sense. Like, at all. It's already "open world". Having entire maps open without loading screens is the equivalent of open world for MH, but in a way that makes sense for the core structure of the game. Like, it's already happened. MH has had open world design for 2 entries now.

Just because a few games explored open world approach doesn't mean every single franchise in the entire industry is suddenly going to slap one large interconnected map in the game whether it makes sense or not. There are plenty of games that haven't done so and will never do so, because it doesn't make sense for the structure of the game. MH is one of them. It doesn't need it. It offers nothing of value. It's already incorporated the advantages of open world (large area without loading screens). Going beyond that and merging all maps into one does absolutely nothing to advance the gameplay beyond what the current open maps already do. In fact it would negatively impact the gameplay for a multitude of reasons.

So no, I don't think it's "correct" to say hey, these 2 linear games reinvented themselves exploring open world, and it's a popular genre, so every single game is going to inevitably end up as one giant map. That's silly. Even if MH did some day go down that route, it certainly wouldn't be for that reason.

Again, for some other games it makes sense. It's value added. For MH, it makes no sense and is not value added. Which is precisely why they integrated open world maps because that is the farthest extent open world makes sense with respect to the core design philosophy.

Maybe in an MMO spinoff where they try something different without jeopardizing the ultra-popular and successful mainline formula. Sure. But for mainline? It would be an incredibly high risk gamble with little to no potential payoff.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp gonna give Monster Hunter a go again... picked up the guide book since I was doing a manga run anyway. Here's hoping I don't bounce off of it again.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ulysses

I'm playing again if anyone wants to add me who hasn't already! I'm trying out other weapons, clearing the rest of the quests I neglected, and going to try to check off some of the Guild Card achievements over the next couple of months.

Ulysses

JaxonH

Guild card... I never did finish completing my guild card. It just seemed like such a chore. I've got a ton of it completed- think there's only 10 remaining achievements I haven't unlocked. Maybe those will get knocked out through playing Sunbreak.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

New Garangolm hunt gameplay released

JaxonH

And Tour of the Citadel

This map is awesome! There's foggy swampland areas I hadn't seen before. This video has quite a bit of new stuff to talk about. Including that Malzeno stuff.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

Next MH Digital Event has been announced, May 10th 7am pacific/10 am eastern/3pm UK.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Saw that. I'm ready.

The time is drawing near. We're two months away from release!

iLikeUrAttitude

Teaser trailer for the next Digital Event for Sunbreak.
They specifically said in the trailer:
-More monster reveals
-Much awaited info about new hunter actions (probably the wirebug moves that were teased and some mechanics with the endemic life)
-and additional game features

This Digital Events takes place May 10th, at 7:00 PDT (9:00 EST)

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Pizzamorg

Has it been confirmed yet where the DLC is accessible from? IE, do you need to have every monster unlocked, or can you go into the Sunbreak questline straight away? I'd preferably like to main PC over the Switch version, but the grind for Valstrax is so nutty. I managed it on the Switch, I really dunno if I can be arsed to do that again on the PC, but if I need to to be able to play Sunbreak I guess I will play this on Switch.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

So hype!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

JaxonH

And the trailer.

Malzeno has some crazy wicked moves. That tail... wow.

And I see Seregios is still chasing Rathian/Rathalos lol. Some things never change 😀

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Rise Sunbreak Amiibo live on Amazon Japan. All 3 for $73 shipped.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B09XVYBL34?psc=1&smid=AN...

Grumblevolcano

@Pizzamorg You need to complete the 7 star hub quest "Serpent Goddess of Thunder" for Sunbreak to become playable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic