Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 4,706

JaxonH

@roy130390
Even if it doesn't appear in Sunbreak (and I don't think it will), there are tons of other great armor sets. So many it'll make your head spin

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pizzamorg

I wouldn't say the new monsters revealed for Sunbreak are all that interesting visually, seems to be a lot of bolting together a bunch of existing monster parts, with maybe slightly different heads - although you see that a lot in Monster Hunter in general.

What I am intrigued by is how they are to fight, I know a bunch of monsters got reworked/moves added to balance out the faster pace/greater mobility of the Hunters in Rise, but most of the monsters designed from the ground up for Rise were for some reason in early game. Would be nice to fight some strong monsters designed for Rise in mind.

Plus if they really are like vampire, werewolf and other such monster themed, I hope that comes across in the armour they make. If I can make like a crazy wolfman dracula Hunter, I'd be here for it.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

iLikeUrAttitude

Monster Hunter Direct next week with more info about Sunbreak 👀
Heres hoping for a release date and a proper look at the new area Elgado, where Rondine is from

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Joeynator3000

So, Sunbreak news just around the corner, what's on your wish list? As for me...

Monsters we haven't seen in a long time, such as Gigginox, Gobul, and Qurupeco. Although some monsters that we've seen recently such as Generations I guess I'll make an exception since they were basically ported over from their past games.

Even though we've seen the new map, I'm wondering if we'll also get another old map remade. I kinda want this to continue to happen, Sandy Plains was my all-time favorite map back then, so it was pretty awesome see it return in this form.

...and of course, FREAKIN' PROWLER MODE. Bring it back, Capcom! T.T

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Honestly I'm not making any wishlist. It's a surefire way to end up disappointed they didn't bring over a very specific set of monsters instead of being happy about the ones they do bring. Obviously there are monsters I'd like to see, such as Seregios and Seltas Queen (can you imagine wyvern riding a Seltas Queen and charging the Seltas like the Seltas does to you lol?), but I'm reserving no expectations here. They bring what they bring.

I don't think we'll see Prowler Mode. That was a Generations exclusive mechanic unique to that game, like the wirebug is to Rise and the clutch claw is to World. It'd be nice but, I think we'll see a new wirebug mechanic for Sunbreak.

Question is how many maps? I'm hoping for more than just 1 like Iceborne and MHGU got. Give us TWO solid maps, one new and one remake, with a new arena and new rampage area.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

GU only had one new map, though, not including elder dragon/final boss areas. o.o

Anyways I don't often get disappointed, well besides Rise's post-game because...yeah it's quite weak compared to other past base games. I still feel like it should've ended with Amatsu as the final title update, but...guess not.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ulysses

I really wish they would remake Misty Peaks and Deserted Island, but that's just my 3rd-gen love showing.

Also, I understand Sunbreak is going in with medieval/Castlevania aesthetics, but I still wish we would get more ninja and samurai sets!

Booting the game back up to get into event quests and try out new weapon classes in the excitement for the Sunbreak Direct on the 15th! I just discovered the Kamura Cloak DLC, and it's one of my favorite armor pieces now.

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
When did you put the game down? Did you at least play the v3 update?

Ulysses

@JaxonH I beat Valstrax before putting it down, so I think that was v3. I'm finally jumping back in for Okami and the other events.

Coming back into Rise I've tried to play it more in Handheld mode, and does anyone else find it so much harder to play? It is proving an enormous adjustment for me to get comfortable with playing in handheld mode for some reason.

I played Rise exclusively in docked mode last time, with the 8bitdo Pro. Joycons are honestly so hard to play intense action games for me personally. Although the exception for me is Metroid Dread, which I'm playing just fine with Joycons, having an absolute blast plowing through that excellent game!

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Can't say that it has been. If anything I play better in handheld with less input latency and a closer screen. The analogs are only used for full movement in any given direction, unlike games where you need to finess the joystick with impeccable precision. In fact, the smaller analogs result in needing less travel, which results in faster movement reactions (its why some gamers put resistance rings over the shaft of their analogs and recalibrate with only a few mm movement radially in any direction- it allows ultra fast movement in any direction).

The only time joycon have proven problematic for me is in games where you must finess the analogs with granular movement, but even then, in games such as Trials Rising which has insanely difficult Extreme Tracks requiring immaculate precision (normally done via analog shoulder triggers but on Switch the right analog is used instead), I managed to beat all Extreme Tracks on Switch Lite, something most ppl can't even do with a full fat Xbox controller.

Anyways, there's a ton of event Quests that have released since then. Nothing too crazy but definitely adds a ton of variety to end game. There's super tough Emergency Apex Quests for all the Apex Monsters, as well as Valstrax, Magnamalo, Ibushi and Narwa, etc, as well as some extra Quests in the advanced arena which are pretty awesome.

Also more arena and challenge Quests added.

iLikeUrAttitude

Joeynator3000 wrote:

So, Sunbreak news just around the corner, what's on your wish list?

Honestly you summed up my wishes for me, just add some nice returning monsters, for me my preference would be from 3rd gen so gobul, gigginox, qurupeco and a sprinkle of 4th gen as well like seltas queen, seltas and seregios.

I would also like more map locations, which we are guaranteed to get at least one since we're visiting a new area (Elgado). As for remade maps I wouldn't mind but I would prefer to keep it fresh. Though an HD deserted island would be amazing.

Since Iceborne added clutch claw some new wirebug mechanics would be cool, so new switch skills and maybe someone completely new as well.

And finally a release date being revealed in the digital event would also be nice, a "Summer" release is too vague and an actual release date would make the wait less painful.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Joeynator3000

I mean, Flooded Forest and Sandy Plains might as well be fresh, they felt very new compared to their original versions. I just wanna see more returning maps like this, for some odd reason I kinda want it to happen to the Tundra next. lol

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Pizzamorg

Honestly, I just want a reason to play again. I know it made some people very angry, but I stand by the fact that playing for the enjoyment of playing only gets you so far in Rise. The game is a terrific levelling experience, but not a fun long term game. I'd argue Iceborne wasn't either, the Guiding Lands is awful end game, don't even @ me but there was just way more to it on the way there. You can play literally hundreds of hours of World, without running out of stuff to do. Rise you are lucky to even make it to like 50 hours before the fatigue really sets in.

Rise gave you too many monsters, too quickly and didn't save themselves enough for when you eventually get to the end game grind. Getting to Valstrax is an unbelievable slog, I did it on Switch but cut my losses on PC, once was enough. It was frankly not worth it, even a little. At least for me.

Likewise, while I appreciate some may just like playing for the challenge, if you are going to make a super hard version of a monster and then tell me the reward is the friends I made along the way, you can get in the sea with that rubbish. Monster Hunter has done it in the past, so it frankly feels lazy there aren't unique weapons/armour or at least layered parts for vanquishing the Apex monsters, that is the kind of stuff I need to keep me chasing by the time I come to the end.

So yeah, if Sunbreak gives me maybe at least 30 hours between new missions, some new end game stuff and some new stuff to chase, then I will probably be happy with the expansion. Assuming they don't just get extra hours out of it by throttling you, I really like how Rise retuned progression meaning you had to fight monsters less and could make more gear. Again, I don't care what anyone says, it is not fun to fight the same monster for dozens of hours while trying to get the one part to drop you need, that has like a 1% drop rate. That isn't meaningful content, it is just filler inflation. I am talking about 30 hours of actually new content, if not all new monsters/gear, at least new stuff to do at the end or at least meaningful rewards for the stuff I am doing.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Ulysses

@JaxonH You make some good points, and I also noticed the difference in input latency between handheld mode and docked using Joycon Grip. I haven't noticed as big of a difference with the 8BitDo Pro, but now I would like to find that out.

The biggest difference for me is trying to use HBG with the Joycon sticks like a third-person shooter. But now that you say it, I feel more encouraged to stick with it and try to grow more comfortable with handheld mode!

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Are you using Gyro aiming? That's the key for finessing your aim (both docked and handheld, but especially handheld).

Ulysses

@JaxonH Honestly, I've only used gyro aiming for BOTW's slow-mo mechanic. I always used 8BitDo's analog stick to aim. I already have 235 quests completed with HBG, so I'm feeling like trying out some other weapons for a hot minute, although I'm itching to reach 300 quests, lol.

I'm still open to practicing aiming with the Joycon stick, but... seriously, try it out, because it's pretty tough.

Ulysses

Grumblevolcano

Don't forget, the next Sunbreak news is in less than 2 hours.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Primo40295

I really hope they make a physical release which includes both games. Anyway really excited for this!

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

iLikeUrAttitude

Monster Hunter Sunbreak direct summary:

New Wirebug Switch skills were teased for multiple weapons.

RELEASE DATE:

JUNE 30TH, 2022

PREORDERS ARE LIVE

New subspecies for Bishaten was shown

New endemic life shown including new types of wirebugs.

New main monster Trio called the Three Lords consisting of Malzeno the Elder Dragon, Lunagaron the Ice Werewolf like monster, and Garangolm.

Returning Monsters Shown: Astalos

New Footage of the new areas showing the hub area called the Elgado outpost and the Citadel, a forest like area with ice in the background.

Weapon balance changes are incoming even for those who did not purchase Rise.

New event quests will continue to be released until March 25th.

New amiibo and preorder bonuses shown

13GB update incoming even if you don't own Sunbreak - it's required for online play.

Deluxe edition incoming with bonuses.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic