Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 3,685

Snatcher

@Jrpglover I loved the last few tho, What didn't you like about the last ones?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Jrpglover

The street fighter one is the only decent one we've had imo the rewards/ quests themselves have been pretty lame and boring as all they required you to do is gather something

And the majority of the event quest rewards have been stickers which is lame as hell the stickers/ titles wouldn't be too bad IF there was a more social aspect to the game but there isn't. So having social rewards is always off putting and low effort ( imo) I'd much rather have a super cool armour set or weapon like previous titles. Capcom also hasn't done any event quest with any game outside of their own franchise with rise I think sonic might be the first one where it's not been developed/ published by capcom don't get me wrong that's not necessarily a bad thing but it reinforces my idea that capcom thinks MH as reached a phase where it doesn't need event quests anymore

Jrpglover

Pizzamorg

The cart for Generations Ultimate is currently 23 quid in the UK Nintendo Store Black Friday thing. Is it worth picking up? I dabbled a little in the games before World, but World was really the first one I properly got into and Rise was really the first MH game I can claim to love (other than Stories 2). Is Ultimate just really rough when played with those modern games in mind? Do you miss all the QoL changes, tweaks and adjustments to things? Or does Ultimate still hold?

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ring Fit Adventure. Pokemon Shield. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg You will miss it, for a bit, but other then that you will just get use to it, Plus for how much content this game has, for the price, is more then worth it! So ya, it aged like Batman!

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Pizzamorg

@Snatcher does it feel really hard without all the streamlining and QoL changes World and Rise made? Because all that content won’t be worth much if I am constantly getting my ass kicked, lol.

Switch games currently playing: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Ring Fit Adventure. Pokemon Shield. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

DomGC

@Pizzamorg the biggest differences are animations being a little more rigid overall, no walking while consuming items and how it all looks. Last one's subjective, of course, but it's not as different as people coming off world might think considering how some idiots talk about the older games online.

You know how to play MH, I'd say load the demo and play that a bit to see if you can get behind the older design or not. The general structure and the controls in Monster Hunter haven't changed a whole lot since Tri.

DomGC

Pizzamorg

DomGC wrote:

@Pizzamorg the biggest differences are animations being a little more rigid overall, no walking while consuming items and how it all looks. Last one's subjective, of course, but it's not as different as people coming off world might think considering how some idiots talk about the older games online.

You know how to play MH, I'd say load the demo and play that a bit to see if you can get behind the older design or not. The general structure and the controls in Monster Hunter haven't changed a whole lot since Tri.

Is there a demo? I am looking on the UK store and can’t see one.

DomGC

@Pizzamorg for generations ultimate? There should be? I hope they didn't remove it or anything.. Lemme check on the eshop for Germany. You'd think it's the same for all areas in Europe.

DomGC

DomGC

Can't find it either.. That's f***ing nonsense. If you can get the game dirt cheap it may be worth it just to see where the series came from and to fight some of the more unique monsters World and Rise still lack, I guess.. Sorry.

DomGC

Pizzamorg

Not your fault! Thanks for checking (: Since it’s going cheap I might pick up the cart anyway and see how I get on.

Ralizah

GU has a demo in the U.S., so I'm be surprised if it didn't in other regions. With that said @Pizzamorg , buying it is a much better strategy, because the demos don't provide a good representation of the gameplay loop.

Currently Playing
Shantae and the Seven Sirens - Definitive Mode (NS) (replay)

Snatcher

@DomGC I think they removed it.

@Pizzamorg Is it hard? Maybe a little, but I ended up getting so used to it, even tho i'm not even in HR yet, World was actually harder for me after I when't from Gen to world.

JaxonH

MHGU will require an adjustment phase. But you'll adapt.

Many of us were enjoying Monster Hunter back in the 3rd and 4th gen (some even before that) and we all loved it as our favorite series, even then.

But MHGU made major strides in terms of QoL. It won't seem like that coming from World and Rise, but play MH3U and then play MHGU, and you'll be shocked at how much faster and smoother it is, how you can hold a button to keep gathering or keep crafting, how you can order supplies for the field, or send items back once per hunt, disable traps, see cut tails on the map, transmog armor, etc etc.

What sucks is gathering, even in MHGU where you can finally hold the button instrad of pressing it 5 times. Thankfully, there's so much free DLC for item packs it negates a lot of the early game gathering grind (pre-World you'd spend a good 5-10 hrs going out of your way to gather to build up your stock, then slow the pace down once a baseline was reached).

PLAYING
NS: Shin Megami Tensei V, MH Rise
3DS:
Steam: Forza Horizon 5
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Jrpglover

@jaxonH I actually enjoy the grind and gathering aspect of MH series and it's one of the biggest things I miss 😂
I used to spend 10+hours a day playing WoW gathering ore and herbs to sell as I find it so therapeutic

Jrpglover

JaxonH

@Jrpglover
It's funny, I do too. I used to LOVE going out on a Harvest Tour quest in MH3U and just gathering ore and bugs for 50 minutes.

But it can become tiresome after so much of it.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

Jrpglover

@JaxonH yea I used to do that too and ye it did get a little tiresome especially if you were after a specific material that was a low chance of getting and could only get it from like zone 4&8 that was / is MH biggest downfall imo all the ores just look the same instead of making them unique and actually interesting to interact with

Jrpglover

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate is $16 on the eShop.

Monster Hunter Rise (digital code) is $25 on Walmart website.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

RandomNPC

Hi, new ro switch and looking for some online games. Dropped 100s of hours into Monster Hunter World so this new one has grabbed my attention now I have the console.
What's the community like on Switch, are you still able to join 8 different squads or is it more limited on a handheld, and are there many 420 friendly ones set up?

RandomNPC

Jrpglover

So I used to main bow in older gens but haven't touched a bow since rise as I switched to switchaxe but I've decided to try and go back to the bow which is best in rise piercing or rapid I know rapid used to be better unless you've got s large monster but rise seems to have quite a lot of big monsters for endgame so is rapid still king or is piercing the new go to?

Jrpglover

JaxonH

@RandomNPC
You can join up to 10 “Hunter Connect” groups. Personally I never used them, but they’re there if you like that approach.

All Monster Hunter games besides World base the online system on 4 player lobbies, as 4 players are the max number of hunters who can go out on a quest. A lot of players disliked lobbies with 16 because it resulted in a constant mish mash, or, it resulted in 4 players banding together anyways so it was no different than before. Rise uses the classic 4 player lobby system.

Community is great, feels more like the old school community pre-World. But it is different. It’s more localized. Search for an open lobby or invite some friends. There’s no voice chat built in, but there is an absolute truckload of preset messages and customizations and stickers and gestures that you can use.

@Jrpglover
Not sure. I only played HBG for 50 hrs in MHGU. Pretty sure they’re all viable in Rise. Use whatever’s more fun.

PLAYING
3DS:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic