Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,641 to 3,660 of 3,844

TeeJay

I loved arts. They were fun to pop every so often when the bars filled up. EXCEPT for when I used the Striker Style S&S with deviant weapons. Deviant weapons charge their arts faster already as is, and Striker Style is all about popping arts as well so combining them meant I was unleashing arts constantly left, right and center. It was amazing.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Mansa

@Snatcher Pretty much. Some tips. In guild style, you can morph from axe to sword after the lunging attack, the overhead attack, and the wild swing finisher attack.

Morph attacks in sword mode is the side swipe and I THINK the double swipe follow up. Many swaxers run the demon riot plus quick reload to spam empowered sword mode if that's your thing.

@TeeJay One weapon that is awful with striker style is the hunting horn. Oh my goodness, it's just so bad. I get nauseous just thinking about it. HH don't have a complex move set to begin with, so it does make sense that it's striker moveset is especially limited, but holy crap. It doesn't help that the hunter arts for hunting horn also stinks.

Mansa

Nintendo Network ID: Bronze

Snatcher

@TeeJay I think the arts are really fun, Just not really my thing? I guess.

@Mansa Hmm, I might use guild style for the Swaxe, or maybe just try both.

@Mii_duck It can be tough, Its a pretty annoying monster to say the least, (I love the hell out of it though)
What armor do you have currently? and maybe you should look into some charms to help with def if its hard hitting attacks are giving you a hard time.

But my main tips for mag is, Break everything, Breaking parts makes it have less control over it when it starts sbakugouing around, the parts you need to keep your attention on is the ones that glow, As it (I think?) blow up aver it takes enough hits, So if the tail is glowing, attack the tail, Teeth, and so on so forth.

I would be happy to help if you want, but if you don't want help I 100% understand, as I didn't want it much as well.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Mii_duck

@Snatcher - the advice is appreciated, next attempt I'll try your tip of going for attacks on the glowy bits. Thank you.

Must admit, because it's been relatively easy so far I've not bothered with charms at all or used bombs much. I need to experiment, now I need to step up my game. It's me not good enough or using everything at my disposal, rather that the game being too hard.

Equipment wise? I'm stubbornly sticking with Dual Blades (sorry @JaxonH!)
Dual Daggers, 120 attack, just on the 'green' for sharpness and, um, 0% affinity. Can't seem to upgrade them just yet and they seem the best I can forge.
Armour is the full Remobra set, defense 18. I should update that actually, but I like the look of it!

Mii_duck

Snatcher

@Mii_duck If looks are an issue you can use Layer it, So you can use whatever armor you want, but wont lose the look you want.

So the last tip I have for you is to look into your armor, If you can Avoid his attacks just fine them work on skill that fits how you play, But bombs should only be used when it goes to sleep, So you can do big damage.

Trust me, once you get better armor and such, you will look back and think, why the hell was that so hard? But from everything you told me, you sound great.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Mii_duck

@Snatcher - just beat it! And yes, I am now thinking "why the hell was that so hard?" ūü§£

This time I just hung back and bided my time a little. Fainted once, annoyingly, when Mag was dashing about full of glows, but all of a sudden it was defeated.

So... end credits, game over ūüėČ

Thanks again for the advice, I'm sure I'll be back for more.

Mii_duck

Snatcher

@Mii_duck Yess, Great job. Happy I could help! I hope you love the rest of the Monsters.

Edited on by Snatcher

Pizzamorg

I absolutely love Magnamalo, one of the coolest designs MH has ever produced and such a cool fight, every time. Plus the set bonus with leaving the little bombs behind, especially in a game where they nerfed set bonuses to almost non existence a lot of the time, was really cool. He makes some great weapons too. I think Malo has been my banner pic on here since I joined.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Mario Party Superstars. Monster Hunter Rise and Generations Ultimate. Dicey Dungeons. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg I just love it when it Starts flying in the air using Bombs, Like what? Its such a fun fight!

Pizzamorg

Something about that tail strike too, just so damn cool.

Or when you wirebug right into his bombs in front of all your friends and have to tell them you do know what you are doing, honest!

Switch games currently playing: Wrestling Empire. Mario Party Superstars. Monster Hunter Rise and Generations Ultimate. Dicey Dungeons. RingFit Adventure. Loop Hero. Skyward Sword HD.

Snatcher

@Pizzamorg " I mean't go get blown up!" FR tho I really hope he shows up in Other games, I know he was made around the wire bug but please, He is like one of the best looking, most fun monster to date!

Pizzamorg

Yeah there are a lot of very similar looking monsters in MH, but Malo is truly original (and fits with the Rise themes so well), I’d love for them to add him to Stories 2 so I could ride around on him.

Snatcher

@Grumblevolcano GIVE IT TO ME!

Pizzamorg

I honestly have little interest in the event, but an excuse to boot up Rise again would be appreciated.

JaxonH

Like the Palico Sonic costume. Not a fan of the rest.

PLAYING
NS: MH Rise
Steam: MH Rise
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR 2022
NS: MH Rise Sunbreak, AC Ezio Collection, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, Kirby Forgotten Land, Mario Rabbids, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

TeeJay

Yeah I'm not big on this one at all really.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Snatcher

@JaxonH @TeeJay I agree, the Palico is the only good thing about it, and even then its just an updated version on the one they had in the older games.

Could have did dark knight sonic, but NOOO!

Jrpglover

The events / collabs In rise are awful I wonder if capcom feels like they've gotten to a point where they no longer need to do big events/ collabs as the game has grown so much

Jrpglover

Snatcher

@Jrpglover I loved the last few tho, What didn't you like about the last ones?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic