Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 3,401 to 3,420 of 3,516

Snatcher

@Northwind I use it as layerd armor, I'm kinda a fashion hunter, But I use states with my real armor and then I can use the layerd armor which BTW I think is much better handled then world.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Ocaz

@Snatcher I wish there were layered weapons. I'd like to use something over my chameleos longsword.

Ocaz

Snatcher

@Ocaz Me to TBH.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside.

Ocaz

@Northwind well not particularly. The rampage weapons aren't that good. Takes a few compromises to make them be usable and it takes a lot to get one max rank

Ocaz

Ocaz

@Northwind I was already using min maxed end game gear by the time I started doing rampages for the stuff to make those weapons. With all my effects active on my current set in my solo runs I near 500 attack power with everything I can activate on my own. I went for the rampage gear and saw it suck down a ton of time to get and thought it was cool that it was heavily customizable. It annoyed me when it cut my stats down about 25%

Ocaz

MisterMan

@Ocaz If you're cutting down your damage by 25% from using a rampage weapon you're using the wrong Rampage skills. These weapons are all top tier and are either best in slot or not far off.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

3DS Friend Code: 5301-0932-8640 | Nintendo Network ID: darkdaysahead

Ocaz

@Northwind I guess I stumbled on them too late. My current set up is full Valstrax gear with the chameleos longsword. Talisman gives QS3 and 3 ranks of attack boost with 2 level 2 jewel slots. Item buffs and cat buffs plus certain conditions and skills I've chosen boost me way up In damage. The game locked me out of seeing past rank 3 for the rampage weapon for a long time that I didn't bother finding out what it was until I was done with all the hub quests. Even then I made it to HR 175 without really checking it out. It's just not good for me. I'll admit for sure it has cool things going for it cuz it'd very customizable. But some of the sacrificed stats on the rampage skills made me always think that it wasn't gonna be that great so I just never bothered and looked elsewhere.

Ocaz

Ocaz

Northwind wrote:

@MisterMan, this exactly. If built correctly they're better than every weapon in the game except maxed elder dragon weapons. I...somehow don't feel like the message is going to land, however. I've already attempted to explain that a page ago.

Nah I get it. I looked at it wrong and i could try them out for when I'm trying to do new weapons.

Ocaz

JaxonH

If this game doesn't get nominated for soundtrack of the year, there'll be evidence of either corruption or willful ignorance.

PLAYING
NS: Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn
PS5: Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

I’d like to remind everyone before MH Stories 2 releases next Friday, that despite the amiibo selling out at GameStop instantly, you can import all 3 from Japan for around the same cost it would have been from GameStop.

MH Stories 2 Amiibo Amazon JP

Also, the Monster Hunter Creator’s Models for Fatalis and the Palamute/Cohoot are both up for preorder on Amazon Japan. Look how massive Fatalis is compared to normal creator’s models, such as the Rathalos beside it.

Untitled

Fatalis Creator’s Model

Untitled

Palamute/Cohoot Creator’s Model

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

New MH animation on Netflix August 12th!

Monster Hunter: Legends of the Guild

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Snatcher

@JaxonH Oh NVM you know LOL, I tagged you tho.

DomGC

Well, I know what I won't watch August 12.

Looks bad.

DomGC

VoidofLight

@DomGC Honestly, I kind of agree. The animation itself looks pretty cheap and uncanny, even if they were trying to go for the look of MH4's CGI opening. The dialogue in the trailer just kind of feels cringe-worthy as well, and the voice acting, aside from some of the lines presented here, just sounds like something you'd find from 4Kids. However, if one thing's for certain, this is definitely better than whatever the hell the Monster Hunter live action movie was.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

DomGC

@VoidofLight that's not a high bar and doesn't mean a whole lot when you could make a 10min video of ALL the dialog in the other movie. And when said dialog is as awful as it is.
My guess is they couldn't find a platform for it for msot of the past 3 years and Netflix, like usual, swooped in and picked up the scraps no one else wanted to touch. Castlevania and Dota are still the only good Netflix shows that are based on games (Witcher takes a lot more after the books afaik but it's not like I've read those)

Edited on by DomGC

DomGC

Snatcher

@VoidofLight If it has a JP dub I'm good.

VoidofLight

@Snatcher Same. I'm hoping for a JP dub honestly. It's weird too, since the only cases where I prefer subs over the dub is mostly in things like Yu-Gi-Oh, or in movies like this. I usually can tolerate the english dubs, unless they start cutting out scenes or make the characters sound like they're constantly talking with five year olds.

(Insert creative or cool phrase here.)

Grumblevolcano

While I completed the Barroth and Basarios village quests, I really struggled with them (defeated them with only 1 try left). Any advice?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic