Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 4,706

TeeJay

I like it. It's a fun fight.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

And I love the armor. Like a wedding of death.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

urrutiap

i should get back into Monster Hunter 3 and 4 for old time sake just to look at the armors for Nerscylla and whatever else the games have or giant spiders or whatever.

Heck Freedom Unite has the big Queen bug forgot what her/its name is. I always used flash bombs and poison against it

urrutiap

Snatcher

The fight was fun for me It wasn't like the other so it was a nice change of pace.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

VoidofLight

@Northwind I haven't gotten past. I'm waiting for at least this next update to start playing again.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

urrutiap

Hurry up Capcom. Give us that extra story DLC/G rank stuff now.

Not bored of doing post game Village but i cant keep killing tiny wings T Rex for fun all the time or constantly going after creatures pretending to be umbrellas

Edited on by urrutiap

urrutiap

Snatcher

@urrutiap were not getting G rank for another year so you got to wait a long old time buddy.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

JaxonH

Just hit 225 hours in my save file, and officially finished up HR5. Every quest checkmarked.

Onwards! To HR6!

Already got my Aknosom armor, Ludroth armor and Basarios armor.

Next stop... Somnacanth armor. Rathalos armor. Anjanath armor. Almudron armor. Mizutsune armor. Magnamalo armor. Rakna Kadaki armor. Rajang armor. And of course, Ibushi armor.

@urrutiap
G rank isn’t coming til late 2022, possibly early 2023. I can appreciate being excited for it, as am I, but it’s not coming “now” or any time that could even remotely be considered “near term”. We do have upcoming DLC, but that has nothing to do with G rank.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Snatcher

@JaxonH I have 60 and its only been like a week.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
It’s crazy. No other game racks up hours like an arcade combo more than Monster Hunter.

I play Fire Emblem, and it feels like forever to hit 100 hours for the total playthrough before moving on. I play Xenoblade, and it feels like forever to hit 100 hours for the total playthrough before moving on. I play any other game and it feels like forever just getting to 100 hours.

Yet somehow, Monster Hunter chews up hours faster than I can even put them in. I got 600 hours in my first MH game- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U. The most hours I had ever put into a video game before that was like... 100. In Fire Emblem Awakening. And even that was a rare exception. I don’t know how this series does it, but it’s the only game I’ve ever played where 100 hours can go by in like, 10 days, and it feels like you’ve barely even scratched the surface. Before you know it, 200 hours have gone by, and now I’m working on 300 hours. It’s unreal.

It’s just so much fun to play, and your mind is constantly focused on the combat in the hunts, crafting armor and soaking in the gorgeous aesthetic, so you don’t even notice as the hours pile up. I feel like for the past year, I’ve been gaming less and less. Even Paper Mario and Xenoblade, the two bigger games I fully beat in 2020, I didn’t play more than 2 hours a day. Because I just burn out after that. But MH? I play it at work, usually get 1 good hunt in, sometimes 2. As soon as I come home, the first thing I do is grab the pro controller, turn the Switch on and fire up the game, and it usually doesn’t get turned off until 10pm or later. Sometimes midnight. And I’ve even called into work to play all day, and that’s after scheduling a 4 day vacation binge at release.

I don’t know how long I’m going to play this game, but I’ve already put more time into it than every game I played in the last 6 months combined.

There's something special about this game series that no other game has.

Edited on by JaxonH

Snatcher

@JaxonH Its just the feeling of the hunt its just so much fun, you beat it and you feel "I did that me it was me I took it down with my armor and my own weapon, I broke its arms legs face and even cut of its tail and after its laying there dead, you feel I have a word for it but idk if I can say it on this site LOL.

But man I feel you there Idk it just seems to take forever to rack up time on other games but monster hunter, it just fly's by I mean hell not even crash 4 a game that eats all of your time, didn't make time fly as fast as mh, and not only that I don't feel like I played 60, It feel 20 to me at the most.

JaxonH

@Snatcher
Right.

The demo counter alone shows 40 hours. That's more than some full priced AAA games. It never feels like you've put that much time in.

As the saying goes, "time flies when you're having fun". I think that speaks to how fun Monster Hunter really is. That time flies more than in any other game.

urrutiap

yes I am aware of that. I was just saying that Capcom needs to hurry up and give us some good extra story DLC or something. I didnt frikkin say just G rank.

also Jaxon youre slow. Im HR 7 and my game time is shorter than yours.

also did you really have to create almost every single armor set? Jeez lol. Settle for at least 1 or 2. Heck Ive been wearing Rathian S high rank armor to get me through the main Village/Story quests along with getting the Ibushi great sword to use it on the Village "end" Magnamalo.

JaxonH wrote:

Just hit 225 hours in my save file, and officially finished up HR5. Every quest checkmarked.

Onwards! To HR6!

Already got my Aknosom armor, Ludroth armor and Basarios armor.

Next stop... Somnacanth armor. Rathalos armor. Anjanath armor. Almudron armor. Mizutsune armor. Magnamalo armor. Rakna Kadaki armor. Rajang armor. And of course, Ibushi armor.

@urrutiap
G rank isn’t coming til late 2022, possibly early 2023. I can appreciate being excited for it, as am I, but it’s not coming “now” or any time that could even remotely be considered “near term”. We do have upcoming DLC, but that has nothing to do with G rank.

urrutiap

urrutiap

Im still playing post game to pass the time.

My current stuff

Azure Elder Great Sword aka the Ibushi great sword
Rathian S armor set
Hunting Petalance III
Calm Talisman which is optional

HR Rank 7
Total gaming time 75 hours

urrutiap

Snatcher

@urrutiap Um ok first of all yes he can make whatever set he wants ok, I'm also here trying to get every set, Two everyone has there own pace I'm sure he just plays the game that much. And three you said not just G rank but even with that said your not getting your "extra story" till late this year as they said there not finishing the story till then, and when your say hurry up is late April to long for you?

But look I'm not going to speak for this dude (Totally I'm LOL) just saying you don't have to insult the dude and his skill, not only is he a big monster hunter fan, but has been playing since MH 3.

Snatcher

@Ralizah Hey dude just a thought I had but what weapon do you main?

TeeJay

The random unwarranted disrespect from some people around here remind me why I stopped being active in forums for so many years.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

urrutiap

well thats great and all. Ive been playing monster hunter since Freedom Unite back in 2008 or 2009 .
By the way dont tell me to be patient or whatever when it comes to the upcoming DLC whether i has more story or whatever. Im almost getting bored doing the same easy Village quests over and over.

Capcom really needs to hurry it up anyway

Snatcher wrote:

@urrutiap Um ok first of all yes he can make whatever set he wants ok, I'm also here trying to get every set, Two everyone has there own pace I'm sure he just plays the game that much. And three you said not just G rank but even with that said your not getting your "extra story" till late this year as they said there not finishing the story till then, and when your say hurry up is late April to long for you?

But look I'm not going to speak for this dude (Totally I'm LOL) just saying you don't have to insult the dude and his skill, not only is he a big monster hunter fan, but has been playing since MH 3.

urrutiap

Snatcher

@TeeJay same.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic