Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,101 to 2,120 of 4,706

Ralizah

@Snatcher Yeah. Don't stand in front of it unless you want to eat fists and/or fire beams for all three meals. If it jumps, dodge out of the way as quickly as possible, because it's coming down hard. And, kinda like Zinogre, be especially weary when it goes super saiyan.

Ideally you'll fight it with a group so that it's not constantly facing you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@Ralizah Thanks but I'm going to solo this, I want to solo story missions first before playing them with people, so that I don't ruin the team.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

@Snatcher I salute you. Be sure to update us on how that goes. Any monsters you've struggled with solo so far? I think Rajang is pretty much it in terms of almost dying to a monster for me.

Bring lots of healing items. Max potions and potions. Other stuff too, if possible.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Snatcher

@Ralizah Um I think I have had no major issues I cart every now and then but for the most part not really, I almost timed out on trying to get a switch skill but thats the closets I have got to a loss.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I love exploring and gathering. I don't specifically go out looking for scrolls, but since I'm exploring and gathering I happen upon them alot. It feels like Zelda BotW with that wonder of exploration. Even in Quests hunting monsters, I deviate to get spiribirds, at least for 5 minutes or so, and sometimes stumble upon things. But usually it's in the expeditions where I spend like 50 minutes just poking around, filling my sack and killing any monsters I come across.

As for finding monsters, it's just a different approach. They said as a portable entry they wanted to get people into the action fighting monsters right away. Don't feel any particular way about it. I liked tracking in World, but I also like getting right into battle in Rise. Both are great. Not sure I have a preference either way. But it is nice for playing at work. Can jump in a hunt and knock it out in 10-15 minutes, whereas in World I'd spend 10 minutes just trying to find the monster. That suits home console play more.

I'm definitely playing Rise way more than World, partly because it's just so much fun with the wirebugs, wyvern riding, palamutes and combat, but also because it's on a hybrid system. I still haven't finished Iceborne, which is heresy as a MH fan, but we live in a post-Switch world, and it's so hard to stay invested in a TV only game now. But I will revisit World at some point and finish Iceborne.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

@JaxonH I also really like the exploration part of this game, it really adds to an already good game. Is there a set amount of these scrolls? Like 5 in each region for example? Or does it depend on the region.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
There's 10 scrolls hidden in each map, on top of which are 10 Rampage scrolls hidden among the 5 maps. So 60 scrolls in total to find in the 5 maps, or 12 per map.

Some of them are really well hidden. I feel like there's nowhere else to look in Shrine Ruins- after all, I spent 40 hours in the demo and knew that map like the back of my hand before the game released. So I knew all the hidden alcoves and tunnels and secret areas to look right off the bat. And even still, after another 175 hours in the main game, I haven't yet found the remaining 3 scrolls.

I like it that way though. It gives me something to keep an eye out for when exploring. Keeps that sense of curiosity alive. That's why I didn't look any up in a guide. If I found them all right away, the maps would lose some of their mystery and intrigue. Eventually that day will come, but no map can keep secrets hidden forever.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JoyBoy

@JaxonH Cool, I hope I can track somewhere how many I already did

Wow you've got 175 hours clocked already? I guess with the switch that is indeed quite doable.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
Ya. My play timer says 110 hrs but my in game save file says 175 hrs. Plus another 40 hrs from the play timer on the demo. I go hard when it comes to MH. Guess some people didn't believe me when I said it was my favorite franchise 😀

BTW, your hunter notebook tracks all the scrolls you've found. As well as endemic life, small monsters and large monsters, which you can assign pics you take with the camera in place of the brush stroke paintings. A totally-tangential-yet-super-addicting gameplay mechanic.

Giancarlothomaz

hello Hunters today i start playing my Monster Hunter Rise and spent hundred/thousand of hours in the game(i played 444h in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate), what categories of Palicoes do you recomend me to use?i torn between healing and battle Palico.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
The scrolls are numbered in sequential order with a snippet of info of lore. If you get several in a row to connect a message, the merchant will give you a wooden carving of a monster to display in your room.

Again, I don't specifically go out looking for scrolls- I'm spending hundreds of hours in these maps just playing the game normally. You'll naturally find them as you play, provided you have a tendency to explore as you go. But you could take on an expedition and scroll hunt, if you wanted.

As for palicos, I recommend GATHERING type. The first and last skill is predetermined for each palico type, so pilfer skill will be the last skill for any Gathering Palico. The 3 middle skills are RNG and any shared skill can appear by chance on any palico type.

I prefer going for Healing Bubbles as skill#2 and Shock Purrison as skill#4 while skill#3 can be whatever. I have camouflage but I know some like the drum that increases attack.

I got lucky and got all the 3 middle skills I wanted right off the bat. But you can hire palicos and set the criteria for what you're looking for if you want to search for the perfect skill combination. I recommend getting a 2nd Gathering palico for farming plates, since pilfer will get you extra mats. But for everything else, I like taking one palico and one palamute.

Jrpglover

Pilfer is a godsend me and the Mrs did a high rank magnamalo as I needed the plate we failed as we kept carting but my cat pilfered a plate for me I was so damn happy and lucky!

Jrpglover

Giancarlothomaz

@JaxonH i see so you recomend Gathering Palico for me and the scroll tells bit of lore about the areas of the game?and i am the kinda of player that love to explore every nook and cranny in a game in order to do 100%in a game, that why the Legend of Zelda/Metroid franchise and Monster Hunter reasonate so well with me.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

urrutiap

last night i got around to making the Ibushi great sword after joining an online gather hub rampage with one or two other people.

Im going to test the Ibushi great sword on the first Village story Magnamalo quest tonight or stick with the Khezu II great sword

urrutiap

Mountain_Man

So who else runs around with the camera like a mad man trying to get THE perfect shot of the large monsters while they're attacking?

The Mountain Man

alpacatears

Okay so I'm hitting a bit of a bugbear with the Online Multiplayer. I'm on the 6* Hub quests and I've been using the quest board.
Ever since reaching this rank, 100% of my battles have been captures and not a single kill and carve.
Has anybody else been having a similar experience? With the earlier ranks it was definitely much more mixed between the two but I'm now feeling like I'll never get to actually hunt monsters at this rank 😭😂

alpacatears

Ulysses

@Northwind HBG actually has a really cumbersome dodge ever since World changed it. Now that HBG can sidestep after a shot, I find that to be much faster, and might even gem in Evade Window once I get the jewels to dodge through attacks with just the faster sidestep.

I understand the new dodge roll kind of gives you Evade Distance baked in, but the animation is so slow that I find it affecting my damage output. I still prefer the older dodge with the option of gemming in Evade Distance myself.

The Shoulder Charge switch skill is a godsend for HBG. I'm still forgetting to use it as often as I should, but when I do remember, I can tank a lot of hits and just keep hammering away while getting a good KO in every once in a while.

Ulysses

Danondorf

@alpacatears Are the quests cap quests, or do the people you play with just lay down traps of their own accord?

Danondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic