Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Magician
You don't have to wonder.

You're gonna get to see firsthand in a few years time 😉

As much as I love the wirebug, I already know it's a Rise specific mechanic that won't carry forward. Palamutes? Maybe. But wirebug? Can't see them doing that.

They'll come up with something else though. I doubt it'll be as good as the wirebug, but you never know

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

VoidofLight

If the next game has open maps like this, but a bit more complicated in layout like the Volcano in Rise, then it'll probably be my favorite one in terms of just maps alone.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Magician

@JaxonH

Yeah, we'll have to see. It just seems that going from the wirebug back to the clutch claw + exposure mechanic would be a disappointing step backwards.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
Oh, I doubt we'll see the clutch claw either, if it's any consolation. That was Iceborne's unique mechanic, like wirebug is Rise's unique mechanic.

They'll dream up something new entirely. I'm sure it'll be mobility related, whatever it is.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TeeJay

@JaxonH Rampage skills are basically augments, and are active during any quest. It's just that you need rampage materials to get them.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gamer83

@JaxonH
World never clicked with me the way this game did, but again to be fair to that game I also could've put in more of an effort than I did. As for this game, good to know there's still plenty to do plus that update on the way soon.

Gamer83

Ulysses

@JaxonH @Magician You can see how both Monster Hunter dev teams agreed upon a core concept, or a few of them: both games feature a fundamental grapple mechanic; both games feature endemic life; both games feature seamless maps; both games change up the way you find monsters.

Except, the two dev teams explored the same concepts in substantially different ways.

• World's team made the grapple hook focused on the environment, while Rise's team focused on using it anywhere you like.
  • World imagined one way to interact with endemic life, by capturing them with a net and taking them to your house. Rise, on the other hand, chose to interact with them by using them as tools, while "capturing" them on camera.
  • World's seamless maps focus on navigating through complicated, interweaving routes on foot. Rise's seamless maps are focused on sweeping vistas to ride through on your Palamute.
  • World changed how you find monsters by following them by scent, like Alien, while Rise lets you plan your route of attack on the map, like Predator (personally I think the Alien vs Predator comparison is chucklesome)

When you think about their similarities, it becomes clear to me that the two games are two sides of the same 5th Gen coin. This leads me to believe that for the next games, both dev teams may move on to focus on a new core concept, or multiple concepts, and may end up exploring them in very different ways.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Danondorf

@Northwind That's so funny, I found the difficulty flipped with Diablos and Goss Harag. Goss was hardly able to touch me (and when it did, making a quick escape to heal was pretty easy) while Diablos was the only monster in the village quests who caused me to cart twice.

Diablos has been a thorn in my side since the Wii days of Tri though

Danondorf

JaxonH

@Danondorf
Can't wait for Black Diablos in G rank expansion with Bloodbath Diablos attacks integrated into the moveset.

Gonna be less of a thorn in the side and more a giant horn up the rear end 😀

Edited on by JaxonH

Danondorf

@JaxonH 😭My last MH before Rise was 3 Ultimate, so I have no idea what that is (I only made it to high rank in that game too)... I shudder to imagine the horrors of a monster with “bloodbath” in its title lol, but it sounds exciting! Hopefully I climb that mountain someday too... even if I’ve got a few thorns in unholy places by the end of it 😁

Edited on by Danondorf

Danondorf

Snatcher

@JaxonH the only one I have ever fought is black, OH man g rank just keep sounding better and better.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Ralizah

@JaxonH Yep. It's kind of a shame, because the first three talisman melding methods are essentially a waste. You get WAY more of a ROI by just keeping your materials until you unlock the final two talisman functions. I've actually already melded a few that I'm really happy with after farming the final boss five times or so, but I think I'm going to keep farming until I get some combination of Partbreaker and Weakness Exploit.

I currently have max Earplugs, Bludgeoner, Stamina Thief, and Partbreaker. I previously also had max Mind's Eye, but now it's down to level two because I substituted a pair of leggings that gave me Weakness Exploit level 1. Also have level 2 in Hunger Resistance, and Flinch Free, and four or so level 1 skills aside from Weakness Exploit.

(I may or may not have been playing literally all day. This gacha crap with the talismans has its hooks in me pretty deep, lol)

As to voice chatting... I think I've used the Nintendo app to listen to live chat from other people once or twice, out of curiosity, but I never talked, and I didn't really see the point of it, tbh. I'm not... really into that sort of thing. I'm super awkward during telephone calls, too, despite having great rapport with people IRL.

Thankfully, MH Rise isn't really a game that's dependent on super close coordination between party members as long as you use common sense.

It took a long time for me to build up the nerve to go online in MH4U, and I was nervous about it here as well, but I've actually really been enjoying group hunts. Mostly with strangers, but hunts are hunts. The only thing that sucks about hunting with randos is that people want to capture EVERYTHING. It might be more efficient, but I just prefer a good, old-fashioned fight to the death, y'know? Capturing a monster at the tail end of a long battle feels anti-climactic. There's a very primal satisfaction to beating a monster to death and then carving its body apart.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Ya, they designed the game to be completely playable with the preset communication options. Chat is more of a, "its fun to talk while playing and texting is too much of a pain when holding a controller" kind of thing. I never do it with randoms, but my brother, TeeJay, that's a different story. Think I also chatted with what's his name. Zionich? Ya. Haven't seen them around here in a long time, but they're still in my Discord. But no worries. I'm tempted to still connect my headset so other people can hear me, but that feels kind of weird to me when nobody says anything back. I can't help but wonder, are they thinking, "dude, shut up and let's hunt in peace and quiet!" Probably not, but without any response you never know.

I can't believe how quickly people are getting to end game despite me putting twice the hours in. Probably because I'm doing all the Quests (right now I'm knocking out the remaining expeditions in High Rank which needed check marks, plus I needed to farm all the areas for high rank Ore and small monster mats, since I don't have many high rank mats yet. Getting there, though.

I beat Juyrutodus this morning before work, so I'm now HR5, but I'm finishing all the HR4 stuff before moving on.

Oh, dude. I got this killer chainsaw Switch Axe! Even in the still weapon poses, it runs on gasoline and you can see the chains spinning and revving lol... it's so awesome. And I got this origami crane Switch axe too! I gotta say, Switch Axe has the best weapon designs in this game. At least from what I've seen.

Joeynator3000

@JaxonH Regular Diablos already has a Bloodbath move in high rank. lol
Gonna guess Black Diablos will be even more nightmarish or something.

But yeah, they better bring back subspecies...and if they do rares...PLEASE give us more than just Gold and Silver! >.<

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ralizah

I've been playing Monster Hunter, sans a four hour break in the middle of the day, almost continuously from nine in the morning to... looks at clock... two in the morning of the next day. That's nuts. I never binge like that. And the crazy thing is I kinda wanna go back and grind a few more hunts for talisman purposes, but I... think I'm done for a bit.

@JaxonH Maybe, although I think you're also 'stopping to smell the roses,' so to speak, instead of aggressively making progress through the game. For my part, I skipped the first three hunter ranks entirely and mostly stuck to the required quests for the others, although the number of quests I've grinded for materials for talisman melding today is probably equal to the number of high rank missions I skipped. I did the final boss alone nine times today.

I did complete all of the village quests, though, sans the rampage missions. Really don't like doing those solo, although I've learned to not mind them in mp.

And, really, it's just not that big of a game in its base form. I'm continuing to play it, but that's mainly because I enjoy it.

Yeah, a lot of the Switch Axe designs in this game are pretty awesome. I'm fairly happy with my current hunting horn, which is another 'creepy' one: the outside looks like it was crafted from the body of a xenomorph, and the strings are spider webs. Very neat.

I think I'm going to re-spec and ditch the earplug-heavy build I've been going for, because they're just not that useful in this game. Even max earplugs don't block the roars from the bigger monsters.

Edited on by Ralizah

TeeJay

I've got every rank completed now except the 7 star Hub, and even then it's more than half done! At this point completing it will be more for personal satisfaction than anything, since if I really wanted to be efficient about getting the parts worth the most points for melding I'd just farm the final boss over and over.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That's Monster Hunter. It'll suck you in the vortex. No other game has made me binge the same way. In MH3U, I played for an entire weekend with these German dudes farming cloudy moonshards from Lucent Nargacuga (he could turn invisible and shoot poison spikes and was way larger than normal Narga).

I saw that Hunting Horn. Think I crafted it- I have like 20 different crafted Horns, 20 Switch Axes, 20 Charge Blades, so it's hard to remember. Just unlocked the corn popper gunlance, which led me to check the gunlance tree... oh my gosh. Why did nobody tell me gunlances were so sexy in this game?! Starting to consider working funlance into the rotation now.

There's still about 3 scrolls I haven't found in each map, and 4 rampage scrolls I haven't found in addition. I feel like I've searched everywhere. Did manage to snag another in Front Islands yesterday but beyond that, I'm running low on ideas. Don't want to look it up though. That would ruin it.

Ralizah

@JaxonH I haven't found most of the scrolls, tbh. They're too hidden for my liking. I won't rush on collecting them, though. If I play enough, I'll probably find them all anyway. It's just hard to justify poking around when I know exactly where the enemy is on the map at all times. Kinda... wish they'd not made it THAT easy to find the monster, although I guess it beats following bugs around like in MH World (based on my time with the demo, anyway). If nothing else, farming in this game is SO much more convenient than 4 Ultimate/Generations.

I don't get super hooked into games very often. Last one I played this much was SMT IV: Apocalypse after that released. I cleared that entire 100+ hour game in 3 weeks.

It's only possible because they're on portable systems. I'd be, maybe, 10 hours in to MH Rise if it was a PS4 game. MH just feels right on a portable unit.

Not every game benefits from portability, but some massively do.

@Mr-Fuggles777 Don't usually like Humble Trailer stuff, but that was surprisingly on point.

Also, "get tossed around like a bowling ball, then eventually somehow win anyway" is probably a good summary of my single-player Rampage missions. 😂 Although it works much more nicely in co-op. Just did a Wind Serpent Ibushi one with some people last night because I needed to farm his claws (at 3 AM, after saying I was done playing for the night lol), and it went beautifully. S-rank, got every objective, etc.

Edited on by Ralizah

Snatcher

@Ralizah hey dude since you fought Rajing got any tips for a first timer?

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic