Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 161 to 180 of 4,706

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
1 Agreed, and that’s a great name... growler mode. I love it
2 Never messed with deviants much so I’m indifferent. Your opinions seem reasonable though. Quest system did seem a bit grindy.
3 Free hunts will definitely be included
4 I think we will. They’re not keen on reusing all the same monsters so I’m guessing instead of Glavenus, which was in world, they’ll go with Mitzusune. Hopefully Valstrax returns since we never saw him in World. And Lagiacrus. The leviathans couldn’t make it in World due to the sloped surfaces and the engine not being able to support the number of points of contacts on the surface.
5 They’ll definitely treat this game with every bit as much love as previous entries, World included.
6 Agreed on Event Quests, unfortunately I think they will have some timed quests to keep engagement. I’ve made my peace with that.
7 Never liked the guest monsters, but I wouldn’t be opposed to it if they decided to do so and did it well.
8 Anything’s better than Tempered so, we’ve got nothing to lose there.
9 Online HP scaling will certainly return, in fact World even improved on it. Nothing to worry about there.

And I’ll add,
10 If they make MP and SP quests one and the same again, which they probably will because it takes less development effort and makes the multiplayer experience more seamless because you don’t have to start back at rank 1 in MP despite your single player progress, at least let us take quests together that have cutscenes, unlike World.
11 Eliminate item refreshing at camp, which allowed hunters to beat any quest if they just kept restocking. I am prepared to accept the same system from World, but one can hope
12 Go back to RNG charms and crafted decorations. It’s much easier to make a set where only the charm is based in RNG than where every single decoration is based in RNG. I have accepted the new skill system and not having negative skills or activation thresholds, which despite not being my preference I can at least understand from a “barrier to entry” point of view. But I didn’t least like to see us go back to the old style for talismans and decorations. If they don’t it’s not the end of the world. After all World was still tons of fun. But again, one can hope

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IronWarrior94

Think there will be more new and returning monster reveals at TGS?

IronWarrior94

GilbertXI

@IronWarrior94 Maybe not new, but returning monsters I think will definitely be shown, they kept on saying stay tuned for all that information during the monster hunter direct. I'd be surprised if it wasn't TGS they were talking about.

GilbertXI

IronWarrior94

@GilbertXI Well we still have that new spider monster that was teased, and if there's going to be a few returning monster reveals, I really hope one of them is Mizutsune. Would be great to showcase both a returning fan favorite and the fact that Leviathans are back.

Edited on by IronWarrior94

IronWarrior94

Magician

Looks like the collector edition preorders are finally live through the Capcom store.

If you don't want to deal with Gamestop.
https://store.capcom.com/product/612664/monster-hunter-rise-c...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ulysses

@Magician Edit: Actually I was just reading the description in the Capcom Store, and I noticed this tidbit:

"In addition to the plethora of solo and multiplayer quests, the immersive story mode will task aspiring hunters with discovering the secrets behind the puzzling “Rampage” events that threaten Kamura Village."

(Capcom's website desperately needs an editor lol...)

Solo and multiplayer quests? Do I dare hope for the return of the Village/Guild quest split??

I mean, it would make sense to return to that to focus again on jumping straight into a multiplayer hunt without dealing with singleplayer cutscenes.

I just don't understand how so many people continue to say World is more multiplayer focused. World is the most singleplayer-focused Monster Hunter to date; the game only has singleplayer quests with the option to join via SOS Flare, and only after exhausting half of the quest via cutscenes featuring The Handler's Random Escapades. You could also join up before a hunt, but we all know how Westerners only care about their own objectives and convenience in their play session, practically treating gaming like a job, and exclusively using SOS Flares to be as coldly efficient as possible. The fact that the matchmaking system functioned through SOS Flares was the nail in the coffin for World's complete lack of the classic Guild Hall experience.

The other aspect of World's quest structure that cemented the fact that it was singleplayer before anything else was the fact that new hunters had to take on a new quest all by themselves in order to watch all the cutscenes. If someone had actually taken the time to lobby up in the same Guild Hall, they would have to simply sit there and twiddle their thumbs until all the mid-quest cutscenes are finished before joining via SOS. Objectively the worst multiplayer for any Monster Hunter yet...

I don't want to get my hopes up yet but I hope Guild Quests return in Rise ;_;

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
That sounds promising.

Btw I think the MP focus narrative is based on the game auto connecting online and auto creating an online session when booting it up from the menu.

But ya I hope it goes back to split quests. It does mean your progress in one doesnt carry over but I'm ok with that. It also means way more content. Unless it's just the same quests but for MP, and without the cutscenes. That's possible too.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Aghhh. I can’t... I can’t do it!

I need this game now. Like, RIGHT NOW. I’ve been binge watching the trailer like 50 times, I’ve seen every YouTube reaction and analysis that exists. I’m so thirsty for this game it’s pathetic.

Also, I remember some people saying they missed the verticality of MH4U...

Capcom said, “Oh you like verticality, do you? Hold my beer”

[hunter swings over a 200 foot ravine on a leash, scales mountains and runs up 90 degree cliffs]

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

It's like someone at Capcom looked at Monster Hunter World and Sekiro and said to themselves...

Untitled

I do personally hope the multiplayer is overhauled a bit so that monster health scales to the number of players, though. Sometimes, I just want to hunt a monster by my lonesome without tracking other people down. And, more often than not, hunts of non-endgame monsters with four players are ridiculously easy. They need to balance things out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Tokyo Gameshow Monster Hunter Rise Presentation: Saturday 7:50am Central Time

So close I can taste it.

@Ralizah
They did things pretty well in World. Single player hunts were noticeably easier than I was accustomed to, but in a good way. I remember taking on some hunts in MHGU that took 45 minutes. Granted, that was in the MP hub where Monster health was scaled up, and it was 2 G rank Daimyo Hermitaurs (speaking of which, can we get some crab monsters returning, please?), but still. It was a pleasant change of pace being able to clear quests in 15 minutes solo.

And I do believe the quests scaled based on how many players were present. They combined the multiplayer and single player quests though, so they definitely scaled between having one player versus more than one player. I’m not too worried about it after having such a great experience in World. I don’t recall MP hunts being too easy. If anything they felt a bit harder. Of course the monsters had more HP. Maybe they only scaled to 1p or 4p health. So if you’re hunting with four players it’s balanced just like if you’re hunting by yourself. But if you only have two or three people it’s a little more difficult. Idk. I’m sure it’ll be fine.

We’ll likely have to wait a year for G rank though. Sorry, “Master Rank”. But that’s fine. Gives us something to look forward to, on top of free content updates which will surely include a boatload of extra monsters.

Edited on by JaxonH

GilbertXI

@JaxonH yes me too. It looks like a breath of fresh air for the series, while keeping the things we love and expanding upon it. You know, how a sequel should be done. Cough*literally every sequel in a fan favorite franchise ever*cough.

Edit: thank goodness capcom's presentation is Saturday. That's about four hours, consisting of two hours of village, one hour of rise, some stuff about wings of ruin, don't know how long though, and DMC V special edition. All of which I'm interested in. I never realised how many franchises I liked from Capcom until now when I added them up like that. I even loved the Zelda games Capcom made and I consider them some of the best 2D Zelda's.

Edited on by GilbertXI

GilbertXI

Ulysses

@JaxonH Right? I feel like it's a followup to MH4U's verticality, dialed up to 11. Platforming is going to be something else, between the Wirebugs and the ninja acrobatics.

I keep looking at the date trying to remind myself that TGS is only 3 days away, but I'm so excited that it feels like forever! Like you I'm so hyped that I kept rewatching the trailer, and then going back to rewatching old intro's and trailers, and listening to OST's, and of course getting back into MHGU.

I'm hoping TGS answers a few questions, and one of them I have is if the Palamute operates just like World. I won't be disappointed if it's an auto-run with waypoints kind of system, but wouldn't it be fun if you can fully control it? Like racing around in Okami.

Mounts were understandably more of an on-rails experience in World, but since it seems you'll be able to climb almost anything, then I think it would be fun to control the Palamute manually.

Ulysses

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'm not hardcore enough that the lack of G-rank will bother me anyway, lol.

Definitely looking forward to this. 2021 is going to be one of those years when it comes to gaming.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

Are ranks really big deal for newbie players on Mon Hun games ?

Anti-Matter

Joeynator3000

Anti-Matter wrote:

Are ranks really big deal for newbie players on Mon Hun games ?

They're basically difficulty levels.

You always start at low-rank, eventually you'll make it to high rank which introduces new monsters and maps, stuff like that. In the Ultimate games and Icebourne you'll then make it to G-Rank (Master for Icebourne, and probably this game's expansion). Something you don't really need to worry about right now.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Snatcher

@Anti-Matter Kinda I mean you can go a hire rank but it will be hard without online players.

Edited on by Snatcher

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

EOTW

Ulysses wrote:

I just don't understand how so many people continue to say World is more multiplayer focused. World is the most singleplayer-focused Monster Hunter to date; the game only has singleplayer quests with the option to join via SOS Flare, and only after exhausting half of the quest via cutscenes featuring The Handler's Random Escapades. You could also join up before a hunt, but we all know how Westerners only care about their own objectives and convenience in their play session, practically treating gaming like a job, and exclusively using SOS Flares to be as coldly efficient as possible. The fact that the matchmaking system functioned through SOS Flares was the nail in the coffin for World's complete lack of the classic Guild Hall experience.

100% this. Multiplayer was so much fun in 3rd and 4th gen but so painfully isolating in world. I can understand why not having to wait for a proper hunting crew by using sos flares is nice, but man we lost so much of what makes Monster Hunter what it is in the process. I will say the end game hunters that hang out in the Guiding Lands are a lot more sociable, but that's really too little too late.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

psychoBrew

@Ulysses I absolutely agree with you. The main reason I stopped playing Monster Hunter World was how cumbersome online multiplayer was. I think you could also join with friends through the quest board, but having to do so over and over again ruined it for me — especially when single player only components got in the way.

psychoBrew

GilbertXI

Looking at all of you discussing multiplayer for things like this when all my friends just play Minecraft and Fortnite multiplayer. I don't even think they know what monster hunter is.

GilbertXI

JaxonH

Not being forced to use the hub did kill the community aspect of MP. Nobody bothered using the hub when you could take quests from within the village. I do hope they force the hub for MP this time.

@GilbertXI
Be a real friend and get them hooked. Give them a taste, then watch them come crawling back begging for more

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic