Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 141 to 160 of 4,706

GilbertXI

@Anti-Matter Tetsuya Shibata was the sound director And composer for many of the monster hunter games, along with Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and Breath of Fire. Hideki Hosoi was the sound director for World, I don't know if either of them are doing Rise.

GilbertXI

urrutiap

Ill probably stick with using great swords and long swords like I have always been doing since Monster Hunter Freedom Unite to Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

I kind of liked switch axes when they were introduced in Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate but didnt really understand the phial thing.

Besides sticking with Great swords and long swords when Monster Hunter Rise comes, Im going to go back to using sword and shield and do a few quests using sword and shield for Monster Hunter Rise.

urrutiap

Ulysses

JaxonH wrote:

My only real concern in Rise is bringing a partner in 3-4 player multiplayer. In solo or 2p it’s same as always, but having 8 characters in multiplayer seems like it could get unbalanced, and crowded. Maybe it’ll turn out to be fine, and I’m guessing there will be lobbies that restrict bringing partners to get that classic experience, but yeah, just not sure how I feel about being able to bring a palico/palamute in 4 player hunts. It’ll obviously be great for traversing the map but when it comes to actually fighting the monster, Idk. We’ll see I guess.

Personally I'm very excited about this. I've imagined each player bringing their own Felyne for many years, so to me, the more the merrier! Seeing everyone hacking away at the monster will feel hectic and fun.

As far as balancing, World introduced dynamic scaling, so I am assuming they will bring this over to Rise. The increase in Monster HP for each Palamute will probably be negligible. And inversely, if they don't increase HP for each Palamute, I can't imagine quest times shortening noticeably even with 4 Palamutes.

But now that I think about it, Capcom must be confident in RE Engine's capabilities to handle 8 characters out on the map all at once to include this feature.

And what if Capcom is planning an 8-player end-game boss fight similar in scale to Raviente?

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Ya, I trust the portable MH team so, if they think it’s a good feature, then I’m not too worried about it. But I’d be lying if I said I had no reservations about it at all.

Plus it will be nice having your Palamute to ride you around in MP.

Btw, check out this comparison of MH Rise to MH Generations Ultimate. It really helps one appreciate the advancements being made in portable Monster Hunter, and it’s great to pay respects to Generations Ultimate one last time. It’s incredible how good that game looked for being developed on 3DS.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

JaxonH wrote:

I love how the text shoutouts are now voiced. So much better than reading on screen, which most people never paid attention to. Obviously custom text shoutouts can’t be voiced but they usually have pre-set shoutouts that cover all the necessities.

Wait, is this confirmed or something? I kinda figured the character voices were just for the trailer or something.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
It seems self evident by the callout that said, "After it!" And another hunter responded, "Got it". Pretty sure those are the automated shoutouts you set up in the menu that are used whenever X occurs or when you activate the shoutout.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ulysses

@JaxonH Yeah, it seemed like a clear demonstration that the Shoutout communication feature is now voice-acted, legitimate callouts. It was clearly rehearsed and timed to sound as organic as possible, so I'm pretty sure you'll still have to activate each one like the old shoutouts.

@Northwind And here I am still talking through the tutorial bubbles for the Guild Hall! XD I have some catching up to do, but at the same time I'm just enjoying a slower progression with chill village quests and the old-school atmosphere while we all wait for Rise.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Joeynator3000

shrugs I dunno, I mean I figured the voices would still be in there somewhere, but they were just used that way for the trailer or something. we'll see, chances are we'll know for sure at TGS.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ulysses

@Joeynator3000 I can see where you're coming from since the voices sounded off so closely together like it was fake. In my opinion, that was due to careful rehearsing to make the shoutouts timed as precisely as possible for the sake of the trailer.

But TGS is right around the corner, so I can't wait to see live gameplay to get a better sense of small things like that!

Ulysses

Joeynator3000

Yeah, I mean, chances are we can turn off voices anyways, so whatever. lol

I was never a fan of the voice acting in World (for some reason i never turned it off, lol), it's pretty much the same here. But yeah that's what I was thinking, it was just for the trailer...if not then oh wellz, who cares. xp

Keep it PG-13-ish.

GilbertXI

@Joeynator3000 @Ulysses Capcom is going all out in gameplay at TGS. They already said more will be shown at TGS, not to mention the flipping two-hour long demo of Village. I also heard a buzz that Street fighter 6 has a chance of being revealed, I have a soft spot for that series.

GilbertXI

JaxonH

Looks like the collector edition is not GS exclusive, which is good since it sold out there really fast.

BestBuy orders still live if anyone wants.

MH Rise CE

EOTW

My friends and I would figure out the few ways to get around the profanity filters, set those phrases as our shoutouts, then shout expletives at each other while hunting. Good times...

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

JaxonH

@Northwind
Same as always. The shoutouts usefulness hasn’t changed, just the method by which it communicates the shout-out.

And ya, it usually is obvious, which is why most people don’t use a shout out saying after it. But every once in a while they are useful. Such as lay a trap, or sleep bomb it, or don’t kill it, or in some cases, even “chase after it” might not be necessary but it’s just fun to communicate with little shoutouts.

The point is, we’ve always had this feature. There’s nothing new here. It’s just higher budget now. We’re graduating from text walls to spoken dialog, and that’s a huge plus. If you don’t find it useful, you don’t have to use it, same as always. I don’t use them much myself, but I do on occasion, and I certainly appreciate not having to read text on screen when I’m hunting because my attention is usually devoted to doing some thing and I don’t have the attention to divert to reading a text box.

Joeynator3000

Ugh, I was planning on taking a break since 3D All-Stars came out, but...Rise just made me wanna play GU again. >.<

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Joeynator3000
Lol the hype never dies

I played so much MH Gen Ult, and so much MH World, I feel like a nice break is in order before Rise. By the time it releases it’ll have been a good 2 years since playing any MH game. Don’t wanna get burned out like I did with Generations after MH4U. Was also the fact they were so similar though. Rise is making a huge graphical leap and adopting the more modernized niceties of World, so it’s likely to feel fresh regardless, not to mention the Wirebug and Palamutes, but still. March 26th is going to be an occasion. Probably take an entire week off work.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Northwind
??

Why would you think customizable shoutouts are removed? This is just for the preset messages. Customizable shout outs aren’t going anywhere unless you have evidence to the contrary.

This is literally the exact same thing we’ve always had, but better.

Ulysses

@GilbertXI And a whole hour of MHRise gameplay! Capcom is really on fire lately.

@JaxonH Oh good! I was worried Gamestop somehow got a storefront exclusivity deal for all physical copies or something. I was hesitating from preordering just because I didn't want to have to order through Gamestop lol. My copy of GU arrived dented and damaged, both the first time and the second after complaining to customer service, which cemented my already significant distaste for the retailer.

Interesting to note is that Monsterhunter .com's preorder buttons for physical copies still aren't updated, even though both Gamestop and Bestbuy are live. Almost like Capcom and brick and mortar storefronts weren't fully prepared for that initial unveiling.

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo asked Capcom to move their announcement of Rise over to last week's Direct instead of waiting until TGS, almost as if to give a more direct response to both Sony and Microsoft's digital conferences.

Northwind wrote:

Yeah, that 'After it!' shoutout is actually what makes me wary of whether these will actually be useful. Obviously the trailer deliberately set up a canned scenario, but how often in a real hunt do you need to shout out to your fellow hunters to chase a monster, much less acknowledge when someone else shouts out to you to do it? How often is that not obvious? I suppose there might be a niche situation I can't think of right now in which it could be useful, but it's sort of in the realm of 'I'll use a hunter art!' in terms of how often it would be a genuinely useful thing to communicate. In most cases, I'd probably find it condescending if a fellow hunter tried to tell me to do things that are basic gameplay.

As you might already know, this, along with "Let's Go!" are just two of many small artifacts of Japan's more formal culture. It is very obviously unnecessary to say to everyone "After it!" when the monster flies away, because it is ultimately a formality, and from the Japanese developer's point of view, it is trying to convey the encouraging team sentiment , "Let's all go after it together! ^_^"

But of course, transliterating the sentiment into English inevitably sounds gruff and strange.

It seems contrived and awkward to Westerners, because our cultures are focused solely on efficiency, and immediate relevance. That's why we've grown so informal, even across both ponds (US and UK). Japan on the other hand still retains a lot of those formalities, the small acknowledgements that state or convey the obvious to one another ("I respect you", "Let's go!", "I will go and come back!", "Itadakimasu!")

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

@Ulysses
Bad experiences from GameStop myself. I always ordered via BestBuy thanks to the GCU 20% off discount, but that’s since expired. Still, 6% back with CC as an Elite Plus Member, and free expedited shipping. At least a little better than GameStop. Comes damaged less often.

Sometimes it’s best to pick up in store to ensure it doesn’t get damaged in shipping. They have a habit of slipping thinner cardboard boxed games in a bubble mailer, which just ends up getting crushed. The amiibo should ensure it’s large enough to warrant a box, at least.

Joeynator3000

....Well since I'm gonna be somewhat active again for a bit, I might as well put my wish list thing here. Because why not? I'm bored, shut up, leave me alone. lol

1. Prowler/Growler: Yes, I'm calling it Growler. Something tells me this won't return but I would really love for this to happen again, or at least give us that Palico system from those games. Gen/Gen U had the best Palico system.

2. Deviants: They kinda grew on me, especially in Gen U, the first game most of them were underwhelming to me. Just the same monster only bigger with like one or two new attacks, then G-Rank revamped a lot of the old ones (especially Silverwind, that thing just spammed the tail attack the entire time in the first game, lol) and the new ones were pretty awesome. If they ever return PLEASE fix their stupid quest system...and how their equipment are upgraded. >>

3. Free Hunts/Expeditions: Whatever you wanna call it, I started this series with Tri and being able to hunt in D. Island without a time limit was pretty fun. When 4U came out, it...KINDA returned, but was limited to the Everwood, that place was kinda crappy, randomly generated and the areas themselves were just...ugh. Then Gen and Gen U got rid of it completely....WHAT? Now, I'm not a big fan of World, but one of things I did like was the fact that not only did they bring it back, but you can choose ANY map. Also apparently Icebourne introduced a new Everwood-like location that was handled a lot better, dunno, didn't play icebourne.

4. Returning Monsters: Returning monsters are always a thing in these games...but can we please get some that we haven't seen in a while? Please? Qurupeco, Gobul, or some 2nd gen monsters?

5. Content Updates: I...think this was confirmed already, I just hope they give this game as much attention as they did with World/Icebourne. Since in the past they'll release the game and be like "Alright, we're done, moving on."

6. Event Quests: Okay look, back in Tri the rotating events were interesting. Log in, see a giant sandstorm in the online area and be like "OH MAH GAWD JHEN IS HERE!!!". But now it's just annoying, especially if you end up missing out on it...4th Gen just gave you the event quests to keep forever, I'd like that back, please...

7. Collab Quests: Collab quests/events were always a thing in past games, but the quests themselves were nothing special. They were just like any other quest, increased attack, size, something like that. When World came in, they went all out, Kulu Ya-Ku carrying a crystal from Final Fantasy that kept growing in size (I tried this one, I hated it, the stupid thing wouldn't die. >>), the Witcher event with...whatever that monster thing was called, and the Behemoth. Since this is a new 5th generation game on a Nintendo system, let us fight some Nintendo characters. I wanted this to happen in 4th gen, make Ridley a monster or something!

8. I miss the Virus: Okay at this point the Frenzied monsters aren't returning, when Hypers became a thing, they were just...boring. I never experienced Tempered monsters but heard they were even more boring than Hypers...with arch-Tempered being...SOMEWHAT interesting? I liked the virus, it brought in the virus effect when getting hit, some monsters had a couple new attack patterns or something (and Apex even had monsters borrow attacks from subspecies/counterparts). Whatever they do here, please just make them...NOT BORING. lol

9. HP Scaling: Forgot about this, this was a thing in World, but online multiplayer in that game was crap, so I never bothered after trying once. Anyways yeah, I'd like this to return as well, since online will probably be a bit better here.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic