Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter Rise

Posts 181 to 200 of 4,706

JaxonH

So, the owl shown in the trailer...

MH Rise’s version of the SOS system, maybe? It would fit in with the overall theme better than the flare gun used in World, which always seemed out of place in a MH game. So, SOS system possibly confirmed, if that is indeed what the owl is for.

Also, I didn’t notice before but, there’s a shot of “Dog Mountain” halfway through the trailer from ground level, and you can see it in the background. Which is just crazy seeing it from a distance on the ground. Yet earlier in the trailer it showed you grappling across the ravine and landing on Dog Mountain. These areas are going to be huge.

One more thing- notice how the hunter cut the shrubs and plants with his sword. Is this a form of fast gathering? Can’t imagine what else it would be. Perhaps a new gathering mechanic at play?

Also, amiibo designs revealed.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ulysses

@JaxonH Obviously the amiibo's were never going to look as good as the renders, so ah well... But collecting them for the sake of it has been brought down a peg. One thing I hope they reveal soon is what the amiibo-exclusive layered armor will look like. If they're like, super-cool exclusive hunter layered armor, then I might cave and buy all of them. If for instance the Palico amiibo only has Palico layered armor and the Palamute amiibo only has Palamute layered armor, then they won't be a high priority after all.

Oh yes, the owl! Like you said, most likely it's Rise's SOS Flare function, which unfortunately was probably going to become a series staple regardless. Gamers just kept demanding the ability to join mid-quest for years and years, so they've finally done it, and it's most likely here to stay.

When the hunter slashes at the shrub, a Wirebug flies out, so perhaps it will tie into small critters like in World. Otherwise, it'll be fun to see what it turns out to be!

Even though I'm excited for large, expansive maps in Rise, I'm still keeping my expectations in check for them to be smaller than World's. What I am anticipating is how Shrine Ruins looks to be going back to each map area being more open and arena-like, meshing the more old-school design with World's next-gen improvements.

Also, if Rise is taking a page from BOTW with increased climb-anything kind of platforming, then I think it would be fun if Capcom would also add in collecting Felyne Kitchen meal ingredients straight from the map. Those side quests to gain new ingredients could take on a new layer if you could go out there and collect real items.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

-Green-

Wont lie. Pretty disappointed with how the amiibo look. Not a fan of the stands or how the textures look on them. Some said they look a bit like McDonalds toys and I can kind of see it.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JaxonH

As someone who’s collected every amiibo, and has the MH Stories amiibo from Japan, they look about as expected I would say.

The Magnamalo looks rad. Love the colors, and is surprisingly similar to the colors on the box art. The Palico looks pretty good too. I think people were just looking at the renders and maybe losing sight of what amiibo really look like. The Mario Smash amiibo has the same kind of translucent material for the fireball. Palico one is near flawless. Palamute has nothing wrong with it, it’s just an uninteresting pose is all.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Don't forget to watch CAPCOM presentation from TGS 2020, 3 hours later.
Might be more information about Mon Hun Rise and Stories 2.

Anti-Matter

Magician

You can combo wire bug into barrel bomb.

Pretty dope.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

That new trailer is hype!

First half is the same but 2nd half has new footage. And wow...

Ulysses

I am completely blown away by Shrine Ruins, wow!! The map design is incredible, and it blends perfectly World's lush landscaping with old-school open area design for easier fighting!

It even looks like you can manually control the Palamute?! It looked like he was making turns at will while riding, which would be amazing if you really can!

Also, the Palico and Magnamalo amiibo's look way better with improved lighting. NintendoLife's initial scans was a very unflattering position and lighting! Only the Palamute amiibo still looks a bit drab just posing with a sit instead of the same pose from the render.

@ReikoMortis Well I hope we don't make the same mistake as MHTri, where Capcom traded 8-player Guild Hall lobbies for voice chat that didn't even work properly. I'll take improved multiplayer features over voice chat. I just plug in a keyboard like an MMO.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

JaxonH

New Gameplay

Ulysses

JaxonH wrote:

New Gameplay

That platforming! Oh my goodness gracious!!

And is it just me, or does it look like he's turning the Palamute manually??

But most importantly, Shrine Ruins looks GORGEOUS. Absolutely phenomenal map design. I can't believe how beautiful it looks. RE Engine is pure magic!

It looks like the Deluxe/normal box art editions isn't just artwork! Sunsets, nighttime, different times of day look to be a big feature in the maps! Will we also get weather effects like rain, snow, etc??

Snow... I seriously need to see a snow map in Rise now!! Hoooly moly

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

GilbertXI

Wait what, I missed something?

GilbertXI

Joeynator3000

Just woke up...I forgot about the TGS stuff happening today. xD
Anyways, yeah by the time I started playing World with Insect Glaive that was when I was losing interest in the game. (even tried restarting, and before I never bothered with the weapon since I was on PC using a Switch Pro Controller, so the controls UI was messed up, lol) When I did get used to it I did enjoy the weapon so, I'll be able to mess with it some more in Rise since World's weapon movesets are staying.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

JaxonH

Someone on reddit has put together a map of what we know so far of Shrine Ruins. Not to scale, and credit to TheLemonWaffle

Untitled

Joeynator3000

I just hope the maps aren't overly complicated and stuff...can't tell you how many times i got lost at the bottom of that stupid tree in the ancient forest....or the coral highlands in general. I guess the elders recess is like, in between or something.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ralizah

@JaxonH So is the palamute a replacement for the palico, or what?

The BotW-esque climbing and Spider-Man esque wirebug both look like a lot of fun. I wonder if you can climb any surface in this game...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Joeynator3000

Ralizah wrote:

@JaxonH So is the palamute a replacement for the palico, or what?

The BotW-esque climbing and Spider-Man esque wirebug both look like a lot of fun. I wonder if you can climb any surface in this game...

Just an addition, the cats are still in the game.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

Ulysses

@Ralizah An additional companion rather than replacement. Now that Rise added the ability to take 2 companions solo, you can choose between 2 Palico, 2 Palamutes, or 1and1.

For multiplayer however, you'll have to choose between cat or dog >_< Given that Palamutes function like fast-travel, you might see a bias toward people choosing Palamutes for pure convenience.

Just as the other Youtuber analyzed, the wolf/dog motif will play heavily into the aesthetic of Rise. It even looks like Admiral 2.0 has his own Palamute in one of the freeze frames, and hopefully we can unlock his Palamute's armor!

@Joeynator3000 I was feeling the same way, and thankfully Shrine Ruins looks like it focuses more on open routes and each area having a clear identity rather than World's labyrinthian sprawl.

I also got lost in World's maps, even in Elders Recess, so I'm glad Capcom is dialing it back to more old-school map philosophy while incorporating World's next-generation lush landscapes.

A Youtube comment also reminded me of a small but crucial detail; World's intricate map design messed up a bunch of monster skeletons (each monster type has its own universal skeleton) so the return to more open map design probably was very functional to reincorporate a lot more monster variety.

Edited on by Ulysses

Ulysses

Joeynator3000

That's what I'm thinking, I kinda figured they would just bring back all of the old maps like they with past portable games. But if they're going all new, maybe they'll design these maps with the Leviathans in mind.

My only worry is that...the last "Portable" games (Generations/GU) did bring back a lot of old monsters, but they barely did any changes or revamps to them. I really hope this doesn't happen again, because there's still some old monsters I would like to return or have a second chance. (you know...like Lao...>_>)

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Keep it PG-13-ish.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Seems you’ve already got your answer, but ya, they’re just an optional addition to Palicos. But as mentioned, they’re a means of fast traversal so I imagine everyone will bring a Palamute in MP. I’ll do one of each in SP.

It does seem you can climb any surface in the game, provided you have the Wirebugs and, I presume, stamina to make it up (although it’s possible they don’t even require stamina).

After seeing that TGS trailer and footage though, now I’m more curious about the new move sets the Wirebug brings to the table. We saw them air dunk a Large Barrel Bomb directly onto a monster! What kind of insanity is this?! I love it!

Gaijin Hunter does a great breakdown

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic