Forums

Topic: Metroid Dread

Posts 341 to 360 of 862

Markyboy

Thanks. Yeah I think it’s important to prioritise quality over quantity these days. I used to play al the top releases…. Now time is more important!

ed5275 wrote:

@Markyboy Happy birthday! 46 year old "gamer" here. In quotes because I only really play Nintendo consoles and a couple mobile games.

Markyboy

3DS Friend Code: 5198-3694-4021

BabyYoda71

I’ve never played a Metroid game, but I’ve always kind of wanted to... I’m planning on playing Super Metroid on NSO, and if I like it I’ll get this one. I’m glad it’s reviewing well.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

NintendoByNature

@BabyYoda71 probably not the worst place to start. But I will say super is probably my 2nd least favorite only ahead of Metroid II. Fusion, zero mission, samus returns are all better imo.

NintendoByNature

3dg3d3m0n

So I ordered the mint special edition for 85 quid, was expecting something along the lines of the Bayonetta 1 + 2 special edition but wow, this thing is huge, and weighs a ton. Im so impressed Im thinking of buying the digital download version and keeping this one as mint and unopened.
Keeping with the age theme, Im a 50yr old gamer, mainly switch, but Elite Dangerous and Age of Empires on the PC...

3dg3d3m0n

Gamer83

Just got back from Gamestop with the Special Edition, didn't think they'd have it but apparently Nintendo sent some to stores. Starting the game now, still can't believe it's real.

Gamer83

3dg3d3m0n

I carefully opened the special edition and spent an hour going through the artwork book, it has somme really good stuff in there. I then put everything back as it was and bought the digital download version, the special version is too nice for everyday use, downloading now, slowly as Id imagine the eshop is busy right now..

Edited on by 3dg3d3m0n

3dg3d3m0n

tekoii

AND WE MADE IT TO ZDR. METROID DREAD IS HERE!!!
Have a DREAD-FULL day everyone

Here's me Metroid Fusion box-art!
Untitled

OHHH and as a huge Metroid fan I am thoroughly enjoying Dread so far!!

Edited on by tekoii

🍄 MK8D ▶️ Youtube 🎨 DeviantArt

Snatcher

@Markyboy Happy Bday! and many more.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Joeynator3000

Made it the part where the game tells you what's really going on and stuff...and then it throws a boss at me which kicked my butt in seconds. lol

Despite getting stuck/lost every now and then...(and the anxiety inducing EMMIs...>_>) I'm liking the game.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Scollurio

So how's everyone liking their EMMI's? I have to admit, so far, I think they are a nuisance that completely mess up my exploration and flow. Hm. Everything else seems to be wonderfully detailled and fluid, but so far I could have easily done without the EMMIs. They are not scary, not particular dangerous, just annoying AF. Anyone else's take on this?

Edited on by Scollurio

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

Varkster

@Scollurio All iterations of this kind of mechanic become more of a nuisance than a threat, especially once you know how to deal with them. Resident Evil 2 Remake also had the exact same problem for me. Once you knew how to deal with X he became a chore you had to deal with, I think Dread borrows a bit from that game.

The good part about Dread is that these mechanics are changed up and you may not know what to do with the new E.M.M.I. with a new set of skills.

Edited on by Varkster

Varkster

Scollurio

@Varkster I get you, but to be honest, if there was an option to completely leave them out, I'd go for it. And while we are at it, I seem to be stuck already. Just after the white E.M.M.I. chased me all over the place... I encountered the second zone of them, and when you go all the way east, there's that yellow block with three spots to shoot at, then a part of some kind of energy line lights up but not all the way through. I'm sure it's a riddle but I can't solve it because that damn EMMI always shows up so fast. No idea how to continue from there. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I'd be glad for some advice. Thank you!

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5821-0423-7909 | My Nintendo: Scollurio | Nintendo Network ID: Scollurio | Twitter:

tekoii

I think the EMMI are cool for the first experience of the game. On repeat playthroughs, I can see it growing more stale. Still I enjoy them for what they are so far. And that last sentence that @Varkster said.

Scollurio

@tekoii Good to know, I'm curious how it will feel once I progress further!

#supportindies

tekoii

@Scollurio Yea, it's a great time so far! The EMMI's movements did catch me off guard a couple of times though or maybe I just derped as they came at me lol.

Atomic77

Oh my freaking gosh this game is so beautiful. I just downloaded it to my switch lite earlier today. I think this is like the first time I got a game of this magnetude on its first day.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Bolt_Strike

I need help ASAP. I just got the Speed Booster but it doesn't seem to be working and I'm trapped until I can pull it off. I see from the tutorial animation that when you press the L stick to charge it up, blue jets turn on on Samus' back to indicate that the Speed Booster is charging, but when I press the L stick, I'm not getting blue jets at all. I'm running then pressing the L stick in as instructed, but the Speed Booster doesn't seem to be working. Has anyone else been having problems getting the Speed Booster to work in this game? Is my game glitched? Is there any known issue with this whatsoever?

EDIT: Seems my L stick is defective, never mind.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Joeynator3000

I'm done for the night...this stupid mini-boss like enemy was driving me insane and kinda wore me out. Stupid...Chozo...Soldier thing. (not the one with the spear, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic