Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 2,139

Eel

It’s funny how they decided to introduce them based on Mario Kart releases, so now Kamek is THE Mario Kart Tour character.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

The next Tour tracks are a new city track in Rome and Wii Moonview Highway:

@Fizza You'll be glad to see this as it means there's a chance for the Booster Course Pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I AM
Untitled

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

Well, there's only 15 course slots left, with Squeaky Clean Sprint being part of wave 5 thanks to that recent Nintendo Direct. I'm not sure how much more of Tour's course roster will make it into 8 Deluxe... I'm guessing they're just gonna bring over the ones that recently came to Tour? We don't know that however, this is Nintendo we're talking about here, they're insanely unpredictable. Daisy Circuit is honestly one of my favorites from Mario Kart Wii because of the beautiful music and atmosphere alone, and I'll be a bit sad if that doesn't make it to 8 Deluxe. Same with stuff like Daisy Cruiser, Airship Fortress, Rosalina's Ice World, and Moonview Highway. And I'd really rather not play them on Tour... I've tried that game a couple years back, and I didn't like it one bit, I thought the controls were awful. Hopefully they'll make it into 8 Deluxe, we just have to wait until Nintendo puts out their wave 5 trailer.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@MarioLover92 I just feel that the signs of a Booster Course Pass 2 are starting to pile up. There's a bunch of retro tracks in Tour which look too good visually to just be for Tour like Wii Daisy Circuit and GBA Luigi Circuit. The number of non-retro tracks are increasing at a pace such that unless retro tracks are pretty much being avoided for the last 2 waves there won't be enough room for the non-retro tracks.

Currently there's 6 non-retro tracks that aren't in MK8 Deluxe yet:

• Vancouver Velocity (released in Tour in 2020)
  • Los Angeles Laps (released in Tour in 2020)
  • Athens Dash (released in Tour in April 2023)
  • Rome Avanti (releasing in Tour in June 2023)
  • Piranha Plant Cove (released in Tour in February 2023)
  • Squeaky Clean Sprint (confirmed for wave 5, will probably come to Tour in July 2023)

Also Nintendo's kind of trapped themselves in a corner unless the Switch's successor doesn't have backwards compatibility in the sense that any Mario Kart 9 would automatically be a downgrade from MK8 Deluxe. They have a similar issue with Smash after Ultimate.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano I'll be happy to have a second Booster Course Pass, so I hope you're right about that. We'll see if Nintendo wants to make another one while the Switch is still around. I wonder how they're gonna top MK8D with the next game... that's a pretty tall order considering how much courses this game has gotten. I'd like it to start out with at least 12 cups for its base content, and while I... kinda hated Tour, I did like how all the characters had all those cool alternate costumes. So I'd like those in at least the next console game as well, without those dang microtransactions and loot boxes, please and thank you.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

PikaPhantom

@Grumblevolcano Not one bit. There are 5 tracks with Tour prefixes (we're only missing one city now, and it's most likely Madrid based on datamines), and 4 that are blank, with 2 being taken up by Squeaky Clean Sprint and Piranha Plant Cove

PikaPhantom

vio

@MarioLover92 Yeah, I think the only path for a sequel would be a Mario Kart Ultimate. Every track, every character etc. from every Mario Kart. That would make it a worthy successor to the incredible 8 Deluxe.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

StuTwo

I think there's plenty of stuff they could do to differentiate MK9 from MK8D. It just might not feel as beefy a package.

I do think they'll take some inspiration from Tour; costumes are a near certainty surely, race layouts that vary (I'm not a big fan of the "different track every lap" way they present the Tour courses but the general idea that there are 3 or 4 very different layouts built in to one course is not a bad one), Splatoon style "event" cups etc.

Personally I'd like to see more single player focused content and one or two different novelty race modes. A "collect the special coins and also win" mode like DKR had for instance or a Metropolis Street Racer style "kudos" system mode where you get points for things other than just finishing first.

Whatever - I trust Nintendo's designers to know what I might want before I know myself.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Fizza

Adding onto @StuTwo 's suggestion, I think a good course of action for Nintendo to take with Mario Kart (and Smash by extension) is to use the opportunity provided by their Switch entries essentially being the 'ultimate' renditions of their respective series to completely re-invent their series from a gameplay perspective. They'd have smaller roster yes (heaven knows you aren't beating the quantity of 8 Deluxe and Smash Ultimate anytime soon), but it would hopefully in turn allow them to go absolutely BONKERS on stuff like gameplay, mechanics, stage design and other superfluous stuff (maybe the return of Mission Mode from DS in Mario Kart's case?). With the stuff many junior devs at Nintendo have come up with on Switch (namely in games such as Mario Odyssey and BOTW), I think it'd be a great way of moving the series forward

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I hope we see a Splatoon 3 Inkopolis type situation for wave 5:

• February 8th 2023 (general Direct) - Inkopolis launches Spring 2023
  • February 15th 2023 - Inkopolis launches February 28th

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/02/splatoon-3-reveals-...

It does feel like Rome coming to Tour on Wednesday is the reason the full wave wasn't announced in the general Direct.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

WoomyNNYes

We need a Splatoon 3 Splatsville track. Or a track that spans splatsville & alterna rocket launch site. But I bet they save new splatoon mario kart content for next gen Mario Kart.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

MarioVillager92

@vio I could see them going that route. Would love a Mario Kart Ultimate, honestly.

@WoomyNNYes That'd be pretty sweet. I'd love a Splatoon themed course in general, too!

WoomyNNYes

Is anyone else overwhelmed by all the new tracks now? For waves 1 & 2, I was always disappointed when I didn't get new tracks while racing online. Now, there's 1-2 waves of tracks I've never driven. I'm not used to being this unfamiliar with so many tracks.

(edit: I really love the game, but I guess I'm too burned out on it to keep up anymore. I really wish I wasn't burned out. Got it when it launched for the Switch, have 350+ hours)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

vio

@WoomyNNYes Not really. If they had dropped all 48 at once, I would be, but since the tracks come in batches months apart I have enough time to get familiar with all of them.

WoomyNNYes

What are people's favorite tryhard setups these days? I haven't paid attention since they updated & tweeked a few build stats last year.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

'Tendo liker

vio

@WoomyNNYes I've been rocking Wario on the Teddy Buggy with the Azure Roller wheels. Teddy Buggy is supposedly the meta after the last update. I still see some people rocking the Wild Wiggler, but I think that setup should be avoided now if you're a tryhard.

Grumblevolcano

The Switch news section just finished off the last wave 4 track today (Singapore Speedway) so wave 5 may be inbound soon.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic