Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 2,139

WiiWareWave

@Grumblevolcano I'm guessing it'll be announced tomorrow outside of the US and then NoA will announce Wave 5 on Wednesday since tomorrow is our Independence Day.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

WiiWareWave

@WoomyNNYes @Grumblevolcano @vio @Fizza @StuTwo Do you guys think we'll get another surprise such as new power-ups or Battle Courses added in Wave 6 as a last hurrah? Nothing crazy, probably just two new items or two new battle courses if it actually does happen.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@LilyGoMEOW Not sure if they'll add more items or battle courses, but I was thinking that it might be possible for them to add more kart parts alongside the new characters. I know they've added the Master Cycle Zero from Breath of the Wild long before the Booster Course Pass came out.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Fizza

@LilyGoMEOW I'm gonna second @MarioLover92 in saying that Kart Parts could be a likely option (perhaps one from all the Mario-adjacent series such as Yoshi, DK and maaaaaaaaybe Wario/Warioware?), though a new power-up or two to completely flip the game on it's head as one last hurrah would be rad. Given how new characters seemed like an impossbility when the BCP originally started out, you never know what could happen!

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

MarioVillager92

@Fizza We might get a few returning vehicles from past Mario Kart entries, too. Perhaps the Barrel Train from Double Dash will make a comeback for MK8D!

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Fizza

@MarioLover92 I'd personally be ecstatic if we ever got Wario's Motorbike from Warioware. It probably won't happen given how little overlap Mario and Warioware have with each other, but it's such an iconic part of that series which would fit in perfectly with MK's existing selection of available bikes.
Untitled

Grumblevolcano

@MarioLover92 @Fizza If Funky Kong returns, I could see them bringing back the Flame Runner/Bowser Bike as vehicle parts.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Next Tour track appears to be a MKDS beta track which wasn't in the final game (Dokan Course).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Fizza

MY TWO FAVOURITE TRACKS FROM WII, SOMEONE PINCH ME I MUST BE DREAMING

MarioVillager92

Yes! I was hoping that Daisy Cruiser would make it! Happy to see that Koopa Cape and Moonview Highway made a comeback as well.

StarPoint

Oh man, Moonview Highway, Koopa Cape, and Daisy Cruiser are all-time classics in my book! I cannot believe that Moonview Highway in particular is coming. That is definitely one of my favorites in the entire series.

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Persona 5 Royal (PC)
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy (PC)

Kimyonaakuma

Seems like a good selection! Usually there's two or three that I'm dreading, but this time there is only one. That's an improvement

I wonder how LA Laps will get its music remastered though...it was definitely a unique one for Tour. Could never decide if it was the best thing ever, or the worst.

Kimyonaakuma

Croctopus

This is one solid wave. They’ve done a fantastic job with the GBA tracks so I’m hyped for Sunset Wilds, the one I wanted most. Please keep the day changing into night with each lap! Vancouver Velocity is my favorite Tour track with its beautiful techno music. Moonview Highway is a little ironic considering Petey’s cameo there in Mario Kart Wii.

A retro Bowser’s Castle will be in the last wave for sure. Diddy Kong with DK Mountain just makes too much sense but I’m unfortunately just expecting Dino Dino Jungle. It can’t be both. Then again, what if there’s a new Donkey Kong Country track with both Diddy and Funky next time?

Edited on by Croctopus

Bonerattle Arena Legendary Warrior
Pedal to the Megalodontia!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

My current predictions for wave 6 are:

Acorn Cup

• Tour Rome Avanti
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • SNES Vanilla Lake 2
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Spiny Cup

• Tour [insert real world city track that comes to Tour in the next few months]
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
  • GBA Bowser Castle 4
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Characters

• Diddy Kong
  • Funky Kong

Regarding the retro tracks:

• Double Dash only has 6 tracks in MK8 Deluxe so wave 6 would need 2 GCN tracks to balance things out. The GCN tracks currently in Tour that aren't in MK8 Deluxe are Mushroom Bridge, DK Mountain and Dino Dino Jungle. Latter two feels most likely given there's a high chance that at least one of the 2 characters in wave 6 is a Kong and Dino Dino Jungle billboards are in Coconut Mall.
  • Vanilla Lake has billboards in Coconut Mall and I feel Vanilla Lake 2 is more likely than Vanilla Lake 1 given it's wave 6.
  • It feels like a Bowser Castle is likely given so far there's no retro Bowser Castles at all in MK8 Deluxe. Both SNES Bowser Castle 3 and GBA Bowser Castle 4 got major changes while keeping the layout intact such that they seem likely candidates. Went with GBA because I went for Vanilla Lake 2 for SNES.
  • I think they would've saved 3DS Rainbow Road for wave 6 if the last track of wave 6 wasn't another Rainbow Road. Tour got Wii Rainbow Road in January so I feel that's the most likely final track of the current pass.

This prediction does leave out the pipe course which was teased for Tour today and any other upcoming brand new courses that come to Tour outside of 1 real world city track but that's another reason I think there's a 2nd Booster Course Pass incoming.

Grumblevolcano

Kimyonaakuma

This crossed my mind recently, but does anyone think they should have held the Booster Course Pass back a few months? It just seems like a strangely planned (and possibly rushed) DLC. I remember it originally being promoted as a collection of returning courses, from the second wave they broke that rule with a new course. And then they added characters.

And the first two waves look rough, I wasn't personally happy with the look of the courses until waves three and four. It's like we're watching a small team learn how to make these courses in real-time. Yes they are improving, and their schedule is probably insane...but isn't this one of the platform's biggest games? It's all very strange.

I wasn't expecting Tour to still be getting updates to this day, and even now I'm expecting it to end in the next ~6 months? Not that it will vanish, but they will probably just do reruns of previous tours until the servers shut down.
And I thought the reason we had this DLC was so that the Tour courses had a home when those servers are shut down, but they're not fitting them all in at this rate.
I don't know, doesn't it seem odd? The more I consider it...the less it makes sense.

Kimyonaakuma

vio

@Grumblevolcano I think that's wishful thinking on your part. The odds of a 2nd Booster Course Pass are slim to none. We are really late in the Switch's lifecycle now and I don't think Nintendo would want to inflate the number of courses beyond 96.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

DarkRula

@Kimyonaakuma But they didn't break the only returning courses rule. All of the 'new' courses are still technically Tour courses, but advertising them as new (and thus holding them back from Tour) makes a lot more marketing sense.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Grumblevolcano

@vio Switch is in a really unique situation. There's a really strong year 7 lineup which in itself is unusual featuring multiple games that could've easily fitted a launch window for a successor (e.g. TotK, SMB Wonder) and we know Splatoon 3 is still being supported until September 2024 but that could be extended given Splatoon 2 got an extra year of support announced towards the end of the initially announced support window.

The situation is such that with Mario Kart, it very much could go either way. You could see the Switch successor launch window have a brand new Mario Kart or MK8 Deluxe could continue getting support with the Switch successor perhaps getting a new physical version with the current Booster Course Pass on the cart.

Grumblevolcano

MarioVillager92

I wonder how I'll like the Tour courses, since like most of them in the BCP, they'll be brand new to me. I'll probably like Los Angeles Laps the best. Always liked beach themes and I've been to Santa Monica in person.

WiiWareWave

@MarioLover92 @Grumblevolcano @DarkRula @Kimyonaakuma @vio @StarPoint @Fizza Is anyone else worried that the trailer didn't showcase the sun in various states of setting in Sunset Wilds? That's like the one REALLY good thing about that course, it's a fantastic gimmick. Otherwise it will just be an okay course.

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic