Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 521 to 540 of 643

Luna_110

So, it’s better to wait for fixes on the Switch version? I wanted to get this, but I’m not really up to speed - does it have many issues?

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

EvilLucario

@Luna_110 Tons of issues.

• 30fps
  • Lower graphical fidelity
  • Input lag
  • More crash-happy

I could live with the first two, but the last two are huge deal-breakers. They're going to address them in future patches, but if you really want to play it now, get it on PC where it's the best version.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

stuff like this justifies me rarely playing games at launch anymore tbh. Like I realize some weirdos would be butthurt by the delay, but it would be infinitely better than releasing a subpar version.

It's also a shame because this has very quickly taken over the conversation for a game, that for any other version (and I assume the Switch version once its fixed), is a genuinely great Castlevania game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

DenDen

In this game case it whould have been better to delay it.
I understand its hard to delay it again for the fans but for the general expirience it whould have been better.
Aside of the technical issues the game itself is a good you could even say amazing game.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

EvilLucario

Just 100%ed the game... for now. Time to wait until the rest of the DLC hits. But my god this is such a great game. Once it's fixed on Switch, get it as soon as possible.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

DenDen

PCkid wrote:

To all of those who declared me "crazy" last week.

We know it by now, yes technical the game has a lot of problems (switch the worst)
But behind al of that the game is good, fantastic even give them some time and they wil patch it.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Zuljaras

I can confirm that the Switch is the worst of all. They should be ashamed by printing such crashfest on the cartridge.

And what is the excuse? "We will patch it later, everything will be ok." Go sit in the corner with EA and Bethesda pls.

PCkid

@Zuljaras

I ask myself the same question.
How you can objectively put on the market a game IN THIS STATE and ON PURPOSE, move the launch date an entire week later ?

The answer is simple : They wanted to get good reviews first and then put the Switch version on the market BECAUSE Switch games sell like crazy and then, who cares if the Switch version of the game is crappy ?
The important thing for them was to sell and nothing else. :/

It's clearly an unscrupulous and disgusting way to treat the Switch owners.

I just hope that the "Switch community" will send a strong signal to the Iga Team and 505 games by not buying the game on Switch.

PS : BTW, how come there is no review of the game on Switch ?

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

BruceCM

Beaten final boss.... Going to do the last couple of locked rooms & any other bits of map

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Switch one, @NintendoByNature. ... No crashes, no major bugs or glitches

SW-4357-9287-0699

EvilLucario

Digital Foundry's review.

TL;DR:
PS4: 1080p, mostly 60fps but dips here and there but can dip to 50fps in demanding areas
Xbox One: 900p, same overall framerate as PS4
PS4 Pro: 1080p (?????) with some weird upscaling that doesn't work, almost consistent 60fps with only minor dips
Xbox One X: 4K, middle ground between PS4 and PS4 Pro for framerate
Switch: 720p docked, 576p handheld, consistent 30fps, 140ms input delay, sometimes very long loading times upwards to 10 seconds
All console versions: Crashes aplenty, especially when reading books, and an endgame boss can dip performance to 20fps on PS4 and PS4 Pro (other consoles not tested due to lack of time)

Damn, console performance is even worse than I thought. It runs mostly flawless for me on PC, although that same endgame boss mentioned in the video actually tanked my framerate from 120fps to 30-40fps. It's a HUGE frame killer.

That said, the video basically echoed my thoughts on the Switch version in its lower graphical fidelity and framerate, and the bad input lag. That input lag is roughly the same as like 4 frames, which is HUGE for a 2D action-platformer. But overall, they're actually more lenient on the graphics overall, but still give criticism to the input lag. All made in the right places imo.

I do wish John can go crazy and see if certain shards like Thrashing Tentacle could kill more frames though. Maybe I'll give that a shot in the more demanding areas.

Edited on by EvilLucario

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM good to hear. Surprised it's been such a mixed bag of reviews from people for the switch version

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Dunno, I hope they can sort those out, though.... Done last few bits until the dlc

SW-4357-9287-0699

OmegaDestroyer

What a mess. I'm glad I held off on backing or preordering the game on Switch.

I'm very curious if NL is going to review it anytime soon or wait until a patch is released. I think it's dishonest to hold off on releasing games due to fears of negative reviews. On the same token, I think it's unhelpful to wait to review games until they are patched.

OmegaDestroyer

DenDen

Shame of the performance issues game itself is great!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

NintendoByNature

We still don't have an idea of when updates are coming do we? Payday tomorrow and I'm considering stopping at the store on the way home to grab it

NintendoByNature

OmegaDestroyer

They don't really have a great incentive to rush to fix anything at this point. Thanks to the week delay, most review sites focuses on the Xbox/PS4/PC versions and gave the game glowing reviews. When the Switch version was released, the sites commented on its sorry state but didn't update any reviews to reflect it, so it wasn't very damaging. So really, what's the incentive to rush any patching on the Switch version? They have the Kickstarter backers' money. They are in the process of fulfillment for physical backers and the digital backers have an (inferior) copy of the game.

The sad reality of it all is that the Switch version always was and remains a very low priority to the developers. No amount of lame apologies will convince me otherwise. I was seriously considering getting this game but after PAX, decided to wait for reviews. I'm thankful I did. It's unlikely I will ever get it at this point. Why should I support a developer who throws out a half-assed port to fans eager for scrapes of Castlevania?

Edited on by OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Something tells me that PC outsold the Switch version regardless, since PC runs the game like a dream compared to consoles. Regardless it's cool that we're getting better sales for a game on a Nintendo platform compared to others, but for such a compromised version... it doesn't sit well.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic