Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 181 to 200 of 592

jump

I speak abit of Portuguese and this is saying "Wake up, Link! You have an epic week ahead of you!". Clearly building up hype for Tri-Force Heroes HD at E3!

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

But only in Portugal, @jump ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

ReaperMelia

@BruceCM I'd definitely say they're pretty user friendly these days, but at the same time, I do feel like there's a nice simplicity to just turning on a console, starting a game up, and not having to mess around with any potential control settings or drivers or anything like that. Not that it's a complete hassle on PC, but there is the occasional game that can be a bit of a pain to set up properly or that doesn't like to cooperate. PC absolutely has its advantages though; I personally think all platforms have their strengths, which is why I've always been spread across Nintendo, PlayStation, and PC (Not that I think Xbox is bad, it just kind of feels redundant to me when PC gets all of the few major Xbox releases I'd be interested in anyway).

"Little by little. Each day as it comes. That's how we should live."

jump

@BruceCM True Link must love the Portuguese lifestyle where they breed superior athletes like Ronaldo, has it's famous port wine and glorious weather all year round. I'm not shocked he'd want to avoid the UK and America! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, @VIIIAxel .... But particularly now some previously PS exclusives have started coming to PC, there's less reason for me to get one! Problem is I had to 1st choose the overall best, so once I got a reasonable PC setup, that covers the vast majority of stuff
So, it'd be the fully PS exclusive stuff I'd look at & there's some games there but nowhere near enough to justify getting a PS5 to play them! & obviously XBox don't mind if you play their games on Windows PCs, so all the 1st party stuff comes to both, usually simultaneously

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

skywake

@BruceCM @VIIIAxel
I'm definitely more of a Nintendo gamer than anything else. With very rare and occasional exceptions I've been either on some Nintendo console or PC my whole life.

But even then... I have more games unplayed on Steam than I've brought on all of those Nintendo consoles. That's including Virtual Console, WiiWare etc. And between games like Civilisation, Overwatch, Cities Skylines, Age of Empires, C&C I've possibly spent more time playing games on PC.

Nothing beats Zelda or Mario but, and I'll always gravitate towards a portable console if it's an option

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Grumblevolcano

Jack from FF Origin and Chaos from Sonic Adventure as the final 2 Smash characters

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
I still choose PS4 / PS5 over than PC for easy way to play.
Just insert the disc then play, without getting frustrated by installation and hardware compatibility.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Grumblevolcano Pretty counterproductive don't you think? They'd just kill each other before there's any chance for Sakurai to show them off...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

VIIIAxel wrote:

I generally prefer the convenience of the Switch and its portability when it comes to multiplatform games, but there are definitely some cases where I think the performance trade-off makes it worth going with PlayStation or PC. I'm pretty anxious to see some footage of Neo: The World Ends With You running on Switch, for example, since I'm stuck deciding if I want to get it on there for portability/consistency with the first game or if I should go with PS4 to avoid potential performance issues on Switch...

Well I hope you have a blast with Skyward Sword HD because on paper the motion controls should be improved for the Joy-Cons. I'm reminded of the "can it run Crysis" BS that shook the PC world back then, that the console ecosystem's never had this problem speaks about compatibility and user-friendliness. Nailed it with performance over portability, but games with simpler graphics like... most indie games out there, Switch is the home for them. For me at least!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

GrailUK

@jump SO they were doomed all along! They will be missed.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

jump

@GrailUK or just until Link saves the day/direct ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

GrailUK

@jump Erm...yes...yes...that's what I meant...

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Magician

LRG and Capcom today.

If LRG doesn't close out their show with Doom Eternal physical I fear my mind might go someplace dark.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioBrickLayer

The Take Two showcase is up in 45 minutes, I'd love to see some classic GTA games!

MarioBrickLayer

HotGoomba

There's also Verizon but it's just them talking about their 5G network, not even a cloud gaming service.

Edited on by HotGoomba

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

jump

Just to be pedantic Take Two's thing isn't a showcase, it's a panel so they may shows games or they may just be talking.

Nicolai wrote:

MarioBrickLayer

@Slowdive yeah, there were rumours about a GTA 3D trilogy a while back, GTA 3 + Vice City + San Andreas...all three remastered on the switch wpuld be great!

MarioBrickLayer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic