Forums

Topic: E3 2021 Discussion Thread

Posts 201 to 220 of 592

jump

@MarioBrickLayer That's what I thought at first too but apparently they are redecorating their office and are changing the wall panels. I mean if people wanna watch clips of someone else reacting to a Youtube vid they must figure there are people who wanna watch some painting and decorating being done too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

VoidofLight

e3's been sort of a mess so far, but I can understand why, since the pandemic hit the gaming industry hard last year, and we're starting to see it's effects. However, I can't lie about these presentations being drawn out.. the only one that actually managed to not drag everything out was Xbox's.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Snatcher

@VoidofLight I know right? the pc game show was good to I think.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

HotGoomba

VoidofLight wrote:

e3's been sort of a mess so far, but I can understand why, since the pandemic hit the gaming industry hard last year, and we're starting to see it's effects. However, I can't lie about these presentations being drawn out.. the only one that actually managed to not drag everything out was Xbox's.

I mean even with that they spend like 5-10 minutes on Forza.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

RR529

Ubisoft 3/10 - Mario + Rabbids was pretty cool, but not really my thing. Avatar is exciting just because it means we'll definitely be getting a next gen console by next year (my brother's a massive fan of the movie, so he won't miss this), but nothing else for me. Everything else, even if it looked fun (Rider's Republic) seemed to be either co-op/multiplayer focused, and as largely a single player only gamer was a turn off.

Xbox 6/10 - Great format & lots of games, though it adhered to the tired old cliches of the brand way too much. Tons of shooters & vehicle games, with a pittance of Japanese representation (a huge missed opportunity with no Sony this year), and again, even when they showed games that looked fun, they were either too multiplayer or co-op focused for me (they even almost exclusively focused on multiplayer for games that do/should have a single player campaign like Halo & Battlefield).

Square Enix 4/10 - GotG is probably a game I'd play on sale or through PS+/GamePass, but nothing that particularly excites me. Similarly, Final Fantasy Origins will probably be an okay experience, but it's trying way to hard to re-capture the dark/edgy phase Japanese games went through in the '00s to try & westernize that absolutely no one misses. Babylon's Fall could have been cool had they not revealed it to be yet another co-op focused live service game. Nothing else for me, though maybe they could eventually bring that mobile Neir game to Switch (not holding my breath).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

@Slowdive Did they at least change a wall panel?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

HotGoomba

@Slowdive Well I'm glad I didn't bother to watch it, even the Verizon presentation was better.

VoidofLight

I'm excited for Capcom's presentation honestly, since if nothing else, at least they'll reveal more update news on Rise.

jump

@Slowdive New game starring Bowser about being a shoe elf in New York confirmed!

Nicolai wrote:

Pirate1

Slowdive wrote:

Doug Bowser is ready.

I can’t believe they made the Switch Pro look exactly like the original switch! Seems like a missed opportunity.

/s

Pirate1

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Bowser wearing a Bowser tank top.

Snatcher

@Slowdive Thanks for not posting it.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

Snatcher

Oh Boy there is just so much I want and nintendo's E3, I did post a wishlist some were.

1 New SSBU Characters need I say more.
2 metroid prime 4 stuff, I need some gameplay!
3 F zero I never played the 64 ones and I love high speed racing games.
?. I put the ? here bc this is for something off topic, But Ginshin impact and Spelunky one and two on the switch.
4 A new mario kart game, probably not going to happen but hey.
5 that new Donkey Kong game we got a leak about, if it is by the mario Od team then I'm hype Af, Love DK country
6 Mario Od 2, need I say more.
7 BOTW two once again, need I say more?
8 A new game staring luigi, come on my Boy needs some love.
9 A new rhythm heaven game.
10 A new wario game.
11 Tetris for smash!!!!
12 Already got M+R so Happy there.
13, This is one of the ones I want the most and its a new or a port of the M&L games, Please they are all on the DS and 3ds systems and I know Alpha dreams dead so Porting it would be best.
14, New switchs ports or remasters of older games.
15 Some new Splatoon 3 news.
16 Some ports of other System exclusive like sea of thieves.
17 just port the damn KH games, I have played them on the Ps4 but man there are people are not going to play this game on ps4 and switch could be the only console they have.
18 A new type of creation game, I know we just got Game Builder Garage, But I want a game like mario maker, were you can make games from another Ip.
19, Maybe a new 2d mario game, Bc Porting The wii U one still makes it a wii u game, not a switch game, I want a new 2d mario on the switch.
20 ok This list is already long so i'm going to end it here, even tho there are many many more things I wish to talk about. But last and not least, I knew game series, Something new, I know we got arms but that game didn't keep well in peoples minds, We got splatoon and people really like that game, So nintendo please, take some risk with this next one.

And that will do it for my list, overall I just want stuff most likely nobody asked for but in a good way. I'm really hyped for this so nintendo, please don't F*** this up. (I don't think they will but, its nintendo)

HotGoomba

@Snatcher Personally I am not setting my expectations for much this direct, I'm just looking to be entertained. Honestly something as small as Boxboy 5, Switch Sports, a new Mario, and even the smallest details of BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 would excite me. But I'm not raising my hopes on anything, especially the Switch Pro.

Snatcher

@HotGoomba Same, its hard to be hyped and not to get to carried away, this is just the list of this I would want, not that I think any of it will be there.

@Slowdive Thats kinda promising, That could tell us they actually have some secrets in store.

jump

Snatcher wrote:

1 New SSBU Characters need I say more.

Well yeah, you need to say more as you’ve not said who the characters are. ;p

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic