Forums

Topic: Dying Light - Platinum Edition

Posts 101 to 120 of 167

Mountain_Man

NintendoByNature wrote:

So I've played the game for a few hours now. Not sure what to make of it just yet. The idea sounds great, but I'm not having all that great of a time when I'm playing just yet. Weapons seem to damage rather quickly and I tend to avoid zombies altogether because of it. I rarely seem to find useful items to craft anything worthwhile. I have a hard time knowing if I have certain equipment or not and accidentally store things in my bag at times. I ended up having to run from the nightmare creatures with zero weapons or medkits and was too far from any safe zone. Tried one Lockpick scene and immediately broke it without any backups and had to go find more metal (ugh).

All of these issues are no doubt probably my own wrong doing, I'm not not sure the game is clicking with me. I'm going to give it a couple more days of an hour or two a piece, and see if I want to keep playing from there. The game plays and looks great, it's just the core design of the game isn't my favorite.

Honestly, it sounds like you're having the intended experience. Things are supposed to feel desperate and dangerous, and avoiding zombies is usually the right call. Singularly they're fairly easy to deal with, but a mob of them can quickly overwhelm you, especially early in the game when you don't have the weaponry or skills to easily deal with them.

The Mountain Man

NintendoByNature

@Mountain_Man ah gotcha. Maybe i need to give it a little more time then. I was just hoping it would take off for me fairly quickly. In most cases, I know right away if a game is engaging for me, and right now, I'm on the fence.

NintendoByNature

Mountain_Man

aresius wrote:

...try to craft some of the blue weapons from the DLCs in the crafting menu...

Some of those weapon's are hilariously overpowered, especially in the early game. I had one quest where I had to kill a group of thugs. After repeatedly dying, I finally whittled the group down to just the ringleader, but hard as I tried, I just couldn't take him out, so I went off to do other quests and then checked my crafting menu where I saw that I could create a weapon called Prisoner's Kiss that did 10x the damage of the monkey wrench I had been using. I crafted it, headed back to the compound, and laid the ringleader out with a single hit.

The Mountain Man

aresius

@Mountain_Man
Agreed but hit the zombies with a freaking fry pan is so good XD

aresius

aresius

@psychoBrew
Yesterday i had the problem again with all locks i solved temporarily bi trigger a download going in and out a quarantine zone, we really need this fixed

aresius

Mountain_Man

aresius wrote:

@Mountain_Man
Agreed but hit the zombies with a freaking fry pan is so good XD

Oh, I'm not complaining about one-hit kills of trash mobs, although I still avoid fights when I can just so I don't quickly break my weapons. But even with overpowered weapons, enemies like the big dudes with sledge hammers still take multiple hits and can cause you a world of hurt if you're not careful.

The Mountain Man

BlueMonk

@NintendoByNature
It is definitely a game that gains momentum as it goes on and you level up your skills and gain weapons. I had a leveled up character on another console and when I started a new game, it felt like I was stuck running through syrup.

Edited on by BlueMonk

BlueMonk

NintendoByNature

@BlueMonk ok that's reassuring. I'm veryyyy slowly gaining momentum. How you described it is pretty much how I've felt, running through syrup. I've made it a priority to gain safe zones where I could to make it easier traversing through day only for the time being. I still can't find enough loot to Craft a solid weapon though.

I guess my two gripes I have most with the game, are most of the map seems samey for the most part, and it would he great to use anything you'd like or find as a weapon instead. There's so many things they could've put into the game to use as you're walking through the world. I did find 2 or 3 items throughout my playthrough; but I would've liked to find a little more.

NintendoByNature

aresius

@NintendoByNature
Open chest and police van(when thelockpick bug is off ) you can find free respaw lockpick in a quarantine zone stuffled turtle a supermarket in the nord west of the tower in the first room after you switch off the eletric current there are 3 of them and they respaw each time you enter the market same for 3 Drops just grab them and leave, no zombie fight in the first room i got a lot of them in just two hour of grinding and i am already level 12 on the survival tree( grappling hook is so fun!

Edited on by aresius

aresius

Mountain_Man

"Survivor Sense" helps a lot when hunting for collectibles. Press and hold A to highlight any interactive items in your immediate vicinity.

The Mountain Man

BlueMonk

Based off the reviews my expectations as far as visuals and performance were on the low side. Either the early patch really improved things or the critics were conservative. In handheld mode it’s very impressive and after I adapted, it feels smooth; so far.

BlueMonk

aresius

techaland answer to my ticket about the lockpick bug:

Dear XXXXX.,

It is likely the motion controls are turned on and they may be blocking it. As this mechanic does not have a tutorial, it can also be somewhat puzzling to new players that you have to tilt the lock to the left so that it does not jam, because when you turn to the right, it blocks.

You can also reconfigure your joycons in the Switch settings, which can help. Switch Main Menu -> System Settings -> Controllers and Sensors -> Calibrate Motion Controls. And there, you can recalibrate consoles and controllers. You can do both.

Additionally, you can also update your controllers in this menu.

It should also be noted that there is no vibration on Switch Lite, so if you have this version of the console, you the lockpicking mechanic can be quite confusing, indeed.

Best Regards

I don't think the really understood the problem beside I only play handheld and I only use the gyro but I will try the solution they gave me to recalibrate the joycons plus I will try to deactivate the motion control in the menu for a second when the problem appears to see if will fix it

Edited on by aresius

aresius

JaxonH

Ya, it looks good in handheld. Plays well. I’m definitely happy with the quality of this release.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Teksetter

Just wanted to say my Dying Light cartridge came in yesterday and I popped it in last night for what I thought would be the obligatory patch download and maybe a few minutes of gaming before shower and bedtime, but it kept me playing till after 1am! I had to shower in the AM.

Very impressed with the magic they worked to put this game on Switch!
Now I've got another great game to juggle somehow (with Darkest Dungeon, Metroid Dread, ACNH, Creature in the Well, Cruisn Blast... oy vey)

Switch FC: SW-5760-3019-8223
(player name is Beesh)

aresius

It works! If you have the lockpick bug just turn off the motion controls for the time to do the mini game and turn it on after, it solve the problem for me and it took a while to reappear again

Edited on by aresius

aresius

Mountain_Man

@aresius Thanks for the tip. At least there's a workaround until it's patched.

The Mountain Man

roy130390

@Teksetter Same here, I got it yesterday too. It's quite an impresive port and I'm still surprised about that. It's probably the third party game that I wanted the most on Switch as the game is a blast.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

aresius

@Mountain_Man
They should have separate motion control and gyro in the menu so we could keep the first one off

aresius

aresius

Patch out better resolution in handheld, fix to the framepace, better gyro for aiming(but no fix for the lockpick) and other fixes

Edited on by aresius

aresius

JaxonH

Checked the game out post patch (that was fast- wow!).

Handheld mode looks better, Framerate is now locked. They killed it. They absolutely killed it.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic