Forums

Topic: Dying Light - Platinum Edition

Posts 121 to 140 of 167

psychoBrew

So now whenever I get the lock pick issue, I just tilt the controller until it goes away. I can live with that but I would rather have the option to turn motion off for lock picking. It's a great game.

psychoBrew

GrailUK

I haven't had any issues at all picking locks. Is the bug something psecific?

By the way, this game is awesome. Can't wait to unlock more of the agility tree - although that grapple hook looks like a gamebreaker

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

BlueMonk

I have a lot of respect for this game, it’s really good. I’m just not having a lot of fun. My biggest gripe is not being able to save my game anyplace. It feels like they just did this so there’s a punitive death system.

I think many probably like this system, but I’m just finding it tedious. It feels like the game just takes itself too seriously for my tastes. If I could save anyplace it’d make a big difference. As it is, I doubt I’ll get much more out of this. Not a good buy for 50$ for me.

BlueMonk

aresius

@BlueMonk
the game has an auto save system will save your progress(and your items) in the game every time you: trigger a download like enter a quarantine zone, pick a collectable, enter a safe zone. Now if you mean the respawn system when you died or load a save file that depend the quest you are tracking in the menu, for example if you are following the quest stuffled turtle(a quarantine zone) you will always respawn near by , so by change what quest you are following will influence your respawns , you can even use this as a form or fast travel if you want by leaving the game and reloading a save
if you have other issue maybe I can help you with some tips , for example combat starts very plain but as soon you unlock some skills it become much deeper compared to the start(I can dropkick zombie, smash the head when they are on the ground , using camouflage to get out of sticky situation(virals incoming) ec..

Edited on by aresius

aresius

aresius

@GrailUK
it solved, i played yesterday with motion on never happened again, anyway the game is a so worthy, I had a blast with a hard quarantine zone yesterday, some exploding zombie (witch did not appear yet in the main map because I am still within the first quest assignment ) they killed me like 4 times from behind, and infinite respawn of viral(the fast zombie)I had so trouble to stay alive and kills these piecies of ***** (they are so fast to reach you, but to attack as well and are able to dodge your attacks as well!!) while I was looking for the drops, I only manage to get 4/5 and get out of there, used a lot of supplies(firecracker and molotov) and I consume the special machete placed from the developer as ester egg (565 damage) and i died in total 7-8 time loosing a lot of survivor points buttt it was so much fun a lot of adrenaline, at a certain point with fews HP and no way to use a med kit on time I had two virals running at me, i throw my machete at one killing on the first shot on his shoulder and I kick the second one gains few sec to smash an electric guitar on his face , ahhh so fun , I think, I will not play nothing else for a pair of months

Edited on by aresius

aresius

GrailUK

@aresius 565 damage!? My stick is like 30!!! (I'm so scared of the night time, I get to a safe house so early, I have to sleep a bit till night and then wait till morning hahah!)

aresius

@GrailUK
you can find this blueprint in the north-west on the top of a difficulty apartment building to climb(and you have to kick with the prompt bottom the blue box 50 time to make it opens, it cost only 10 alcohol and a 1 metal gear to create it, but it cannot be repaired is called korek machete and it was added by one of the developer to easy the beginner of the game , I got it for collection and never used until I tried this quarantine zone kk

but just to let you know ester egg blueprint works only in normal and hard mode, not nightmare and even with this weapons night special enemies are still to much

Edited on by aresius

aresius

aresius

o my ... i completed the first mission and unlocked the night , owww what a change, the gameplay completely different at night, is a horror game better than resident evil with all the darkness you can't see almost nothing and if you turn your light up you attract all zombie around to you(their are more aggressive and do more damage) !!! ,I shat myself to manage to go back to the tower alive in one piece, and those volatiles are really scary and intimidating and too powerful !!!!!!! anyway i did not notice any drops during night time the patch said increased stability maybe they fix it or it happens only during chase moment(I did not trigger any of those ***** to see me to scary I took a long way swimming to go near as possible to the tower XD)

Edited on by aresius

aresius

GrailUK

Well, my power light was flashing and now it only blinks once, briefly, when I dock my Switch. I think my Switch has died.

Is this the end of the game?

(I am not even joking. Looks like it needs repairing /cry)

Zuljaras

@GrailUK Maybe the thermal paste has dried out That way the console is protecting itself of an actual death!

Or the other and worse case is that the internal memory is dead Which is extremely rare.

Edited on by Zuljaras

GrailUK

@Zuljaras It does nothing if I plug the AC adaptor in directly to the console. Bah. Now I find myself half googling tips to turn it on and half looking at the OLED model...

GrailUK

@Zuljaras Sigh. Well, so be it then.

BlueMonk

Best game ever that I’m struggling to get into. I know it’s much better in MP but I just don’t get around to MP gaming very often.

If I were reviewing it, I’d be tempted to think 9/10. I do think it’s really good in handheld. But personally, I should have put it on story mode and maybe I’d have had more fun.

I will chip away at it some more but Fatal Frame, which isn’t nearly as good a game, with nearly as much content or detail, I’m having a lot of fun with.

BlueMonk

aresius

@BlueMonk
you can change difficulty at anytime, go back to the main menu instead of continue select play and press y to access the advance setting there you can change the difficulty and continue from your last save without trouble .

aresius

MsJubilee

@BlueMonk It's a challenging game initially—no moves, weak weapons, barely any stamina, etc. But, when you keep at it. You'll be fine; I suggest finding blueprints to customize your gear. I know you can get electricity& poison early on for your weapons. I forgot where, though.

It doesn't hurt to do side quests as well.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

GrailUK

I know I got a flashing green light of death while playing Dying Light (not saying the game killed my Switch, I just find it an unfortunate but funny coincidence lol), but I can't wait to get back in to this game when my Switch returns from Switch hospital.

Mountain_Man

The recent patch really seems to have smoothed things out. There are still very occasional framerate drops, but overall, things are running great. This is one of those Switch ports that doesn't feel like a compromise.

The Mountain Man

aresius

yesterday I went on with the story, is starting to became .. very sad and dark really good , i had a lot of sidequest to do now I don't know which one to follow XD

aresius

JaxonH

This game is hard. It’s a big open world and it’s like, Idk where to find any of this stuff. Guess you just wander around looting and slowly gather supplies. They’re rare though and must be used sparingly.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic