Forums

Topic: Diablo III: Eternal Collection

Posts 321 to 340 of 606

Mountain_Man

Adventure Mode plays out on the randomised campaign map minus narrative and cut scenes. All waypoints are unlocked, so you can freely travel to any point in the game world — including some areas that are exclusive to Adventure Mode. Each act will have 5 randomized quests (kill a specific named monster; kill all enemies in a certain area; complete an "event" which are small scripted missions; and so on). Complete all five bounties in an act and you receive a special loot chest filled with items.

The second element of Adventure Mode is Rifts which are completely randomized timed dungeons where your only goal is to kill as many monsters as you can as quickly as possible. Rifts can usually be completed in under 10-minutes, so they're perfect for portable gaming. Bounties tend to take a little longer to complete all 5.

Anybody playing Diablo III for the first time is advised to play the campaign first because it's an ideal introduction to the game.

I'll be getting my copy in about 30-minutes.

\o/

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Nemodius

@Mountain_Man
still got 80 min. to wait for me, 10am

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Kyndzkopf

Does co-op match automatically, even with strangers, or do I have some "Friends" via Code to join a multiplayer game?! I don't get it...

Kyndzkopf

Twitter:

JoeDiddley

Amazon aren’t delivering my pre order until tomorrow, which is a shame as I’m off work today and was looking forward to it.
Wish I hadn’t bothered paying postage now.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Zuljaras

It plays like a dream. Everything is on the cart and it is ... amazing.
The I watched a video about the eternal collection on EU region for PS4 that forces you to download 10gb of data to have the necromancer. And here I am with this tiny cart playing everything without any installs or downloads.

NEStalgia

I sense a soul in search of answers....

NEStalgia

ArtheXavier

This game is going to consume me again. Portable D3 is perfection, and I can already feel the fangs of addiction clawing at my skin.

Which reminds me: add me up on Switch, guys! Once I hit lvl 70 on my seasonal monk its rifts and greater rifts until the cows come home! ( And remember: there is no cow-level.. )

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Mountain_Man

The Polygon review said it best:

"The best thing about Diablo III on the Switch is that it's Diablo III on the Switch."

What a beautiful port. I've played only handheld so far, and it runs perfectly and looks great. If the graphics have been downgraded, it's unnoticeable. Some reviews have said that the visuals in handheld mode are cloudy and indistinct, but they look perfectly fine to me.

I'm also amazed how well it controls. This is my first time playing D3 with a controller, and I have no complaints. Everything feels tight and precise. Blizzard must have spent a lot of time testing and iterating the console controls until they were perfect.

I'll say it again, this is my Switch Game of the Year!

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

Spoony_Tech

Got my copy earlier but couldn't put Dark Souls down. I would expect I play for a little bit till I beat DS as I don't want to get into anpther game right now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

canucksfan989

I need some help with connecting with randoms i see a d-pad icon for game privacy. But i don't see any options really to join random games or have randoms join me. It's probably gonna be a low pool of people i would imagine compared to PC and PS4. Any help with this would be most appreciated.

canucksfan989

GeeEmm

Ive only played little in handheld mode, it looks great...the text can be a little straining on the eyes, maybe its just me though, and plays beautifully.
Playing as a female crusader in seasonal mode.
I can see this taking up alot of my time. Damn you D3!

GeeEmm

Spoony_Tech

@GeeEmm Nope, you're right, text needs to be a bit bigger. I can't always have the sound up.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BrainOfGrimlock

I've been blasting through the campaign but I can feel the 'orange itch' starting to affect me - i need a 'hit' of legendary goodness but will try to resist sneaking in a cheeky rift!

I'm also really impressed with how well it runs, can get a little hairy sometimes on handheld when you see your health bar evaporating and trying to ascertain where the pain is coming from but that's been the exception rather than the rule.

Apparently there are new enemy types in this release? Haven't come across anything yet but looking forward to it!

Debating whether to go Demon Hunter or try Necromancer once I've got my Wizard up and properly running - decisions decisions!

And yep @Sahpradani, I am very keen to see what they announce. So long as it's not paid seasons (a la fortnite etc). I'm happy to live without them forever. Hard to think that if they do announce a new Diablo that it won't adopt some sort of thing like that though, be a bitter pill to swallow after all the D3 post release goodness. Anyway, will keep my 'hat of positivity' on for now, they haven't hurt us yet so no point complaining until/if they do!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

JaxonH

I'm already hooked. I picked the same class- female demon hunter, that I had picked on PS4 last year when I first tried the game out. And I'm glad I did because I really love it so far. In fact, I love this game a LOT already. Played for an hour or two and it's just fantastic.

Can somebody please explain to me how to access seasons though? And rifts? I did create a season character, I'm pretty sure, when the game was first started up. Although that may have just been my campaign character because that's who I'm using right now. I started the campaign and I figured out how to switch modes between the campaign and the adventure mode, which... I'm not really sure what the adventure mode is exactly quite yet. End game mode? I won't be starting it until I finish the campaign anyways, so ya. Probably ok there.

@Ryzaerian
Thanks for the tips about the D pad, will definitely try that! And I saw elective mode, will be sure to check it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

@JaxonH Rifts you access through adventure mode. In town there is an obolisk walk up to it and press the action button to begin a rift.

As for season mode it's separate from the regular mode. You have to have a separate character for it . It's a precaution by Blizzard to keep hackers and such from interfering with season mode

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

@Mountain_Man
I can't say this is my Switch GotY quite yet, although it's certainly in the realm of possibility according to what I've played thus far.

Even so, topping Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, DKC Tropical Freeze, and Dark Souls is going to be quite a feat. Actually, I'd say this does top Dark Souls just on the 60fps merit and no niggling issues like the A/B button thing (which don't get me wrong, that's an extremely small complaint, but it's an extremely small complaint that Diablo doesn't have, and you have to look at even the tiniest things when comparing Switch titles so close in greatness). Monster Hunter is the game to top, really.

Valkyria Chronicles 4, Wolfenstein 2, The World Ends With You, Octopath Traveler, Dragonball Fighter Z, YS VIII, Xenoblade 2 Torna... while extremely good games, aren't quite in the same tier as Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult and Dark Souls. Oh, and we still have Civilization VI, which could also toss its hat in the ring. World of Final Fantasy and Pokémon will fall in that B category of great game, but not Switch GotY caliber. Smash will likely be Switch GotY for many, and while I am very much looking forward to it, for me at least, I don't think it can touch these other titles.

@Tasuki
Thanks. How do I access season mode? Is it a separate mode like campaign and adventure mode? I select Season from menu and it just started me back out in the campaign where I last saved.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tasuki

@JaxonH Is your character flagged for Season Mode? If there is a leaf by your characters name then you are in season mode, which means you can only play with other season players.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NEStalgia

What a wonderful port. I played on x1x last night and switch handheld tonight and it feels like it looks exactly the same. It off course doesn't, but it doesn't let you realize it!

@BrainOfGrimlock try turning the display enemy hp bars on. That way you don't miss enemies in the shadows. Yes it looks ugly. Yes it's how I've played Diablo since 1996 . It just makes gameplay more fluid.

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic